Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,601 to 12,620 of 15,210

NaviAndMii

@Haru17 Haha! Yeah, I was going for an 'adorable rainbow font' vibe...kinda turned out as 'newspaper clipping's of a psychopath' instead! ...I clearly haven't mastered the Switch's photo editing tools!

@NEStalgia I don't really know! ..I was waiting for the rain to clear so I could climb a cliff near the Twin Peaks - when the sun started to come out & I noticed the rainbows in the sky Should've tried to investigate now I think about it....hopefully I'll see another pair in the next 90 hours!

@zitpig Haha! I think we all take a share of that one!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eel

I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow in the game... Then again whenever it rains I usually have the camera directed at the ground... Waiting for the splish splashes to stop so I can play again.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@NaviAndMii Haha, it was a joke....old internet meme....I feel old "Double rainbow, what does it mean?" You can google it, but you'll probably wish you hadn't wasted the time! Though knowing Nintendo that's why it's in there...

Also, why does your Link look like a casting extra from Assassin's Creed?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NaviAndMii

@NEStalgia Ohhhhh! YES! Brain fade on my part - that double rainbow video is classic! ..we're both old! Haha!

...and, come to think of it, my Link does appear to be channeling his inner Ezio! **Requiescat in pace!** My previous dye job for that outfit was all white....subconscious cosplay?!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@NaviAndMii Thank goodness I'm not alone in remembering that! The days of early memedom....they seem so long ago!

Ezio in smash CONFIRMED!!1!

NEStalgia

StuTwo

A few more thoughts as I approach 60 hours, 60+ shrines and 1 divine beast:

I wish they'd restricted changing armour I'm glad it's not "breakable" like the weapons but restricting the places where you can change your clothes (to say the stables). Changing to the climbing gear when I'm climbing and then the zora gear when I'm swimming etc. isn't fun or "strategic" - it's just needless busy work in the menu. But if I'd been forced to make careful decisions on my gear before setting out on an expedition into the wild would have been a different story and pretty cool.

The divine beasts are fantastic The one I've done so far was really great. It carried the same non-linear sensibilities of the rest of the game into the dungeon design which I wasn't really expecting (although I probably should have). I thought it was really clever and inventive (and I'm of the school that believes that Zelda dungeons had become increasingly formulaic down the years. That is I think they've generally been really slick but slightly soul-less since the N64 era).

There are some really good shrines I found a great one on Death Mountain and another in the far West, just North of the desert. I like that there are multiple solutions to each one and that the best shrines make me use all of my runes (even the freezing one!).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal Any time I wanted to climb in the main game TBH. Stamina doesn't level enough to let Link become actually powerful in that respect. I hope the new difficulty setting does away with passive gear buffs entirely, especially for the heat and cold resistances which take away from the game's survival mechanics.

It would also be nice if heat res and flame res were just higher ranks of the same thing, instead of this weird, clunky system where heat res only exists for Gerudo Desert.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

@DarthNocturnal Have you even seen that flame-resistant gear? It looks it wouldn't do much except cook him alive in the desert... which should technically still be happening at the volcano despite not being able to be set on fire, but according to the game that's besides the point.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Nin10dad

Wait, what? How? The amiibo aren't out yet!!! Are you a wizard? @Undead_terror

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Undead_terror

Yee, I got lucky with getting a chip for little to nothing.

Also the set, it's not much for mii to upgrade, but it does require

Dragon horns/claws/fangs, Hinox parts including guts, Lynel guts, if you hate fighting Lynels, congrats, you need to fight 6 of the harder ones. Also here is another pic I took

Untitled

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Henmii

A pity that you can't go back to dungeons when you have beaten them. Today I finished Vah Rudania (hard level, super easy boss), but missed the Silver rupee chest. Ah, man!

Henmii

Spoony_Tech

I was just coming here to post that lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Looks like the map feature shows your path around the map for the last 200 hours of gameplay, making it easy to see where you've explored a lot and where you haven't.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

THERE'S A TINGLE OUTFIT!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Maxz

@IceClimbers Now THAT is a surprise. I really didn't expect this to happen. I think I might do an audio tour of the world.

As for the Expansion Pack, they all seem like pretty solid, reasonable, and well-handled updates. I've been hoping for a Korok tracking feature. Hard mode seems sensible, and I like how the trial incorporates Eventide Island elements. Plus, Tingle Tights. Kaloo-lim-pah!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic