Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,621 to 12,640 of 15,210

-Green-

Nothing really amazing honestly. At least for me anyways. The flying enemies thing is the only interesting thing for me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

Sounds like some really solid DLC imo.

The Trial of the Sword has like 45 rooms, and you start out with nothing- that sounds cool. The hard mode at least sounds competent. Nothing too fancy, but respectable. I like the map tracker and Korok mask and temporary fast travel point... definitely useful features. And the heros path mode sounds cool too. Weapons/outfits are a nice touch, although fully expected.

All in all, not bad for just the first DLC Pack. That's worth $10 I think, and it's a safe bet the 2nd will be much bigger and better.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Er... some of these things (most of these things) feels like they should be an update, not a DLC pack...

Yeah really, Skyrim added minor features like this in the patches that released just before its DLC, even adding an entire horse combat system, which this DLC doesn't really near. Well, hopefully they actually make a real dungeon for December with an item in a chest and the whole jingle rigamarole and everything. No more di-shrine beasts!

-Green- wrote:

The flying enemies thing is the only interesting thing for me.

If they are entire new enemies like Kargaroks or Pehats I would be impressed, however keep in mind that it's only a cryptic hint posted by NoA at present. Could just be Aeralfos — Lizalfos with wings on them. Or worse — randomly dropping loot boxes from the sky.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

I'm guessing they'll avoid that type of dungeon. Just because of the whole 'breaking coventions' thing they're trying to do. At most, I expect something like Hyrule Castle. That's not to say I'm against a tad bit more of a traditional dungeon though.

Edit:
@Haru17 The neogaf thread actually has a few pictures. Based on those, it seems like they're just the same enemies on floating platforms held up by balloons. There could be more but so far it doesn't seem like it sadly.

Edited on by -Green-

FGPackers

After seeing the first DLC content i'll wait for grabbing it. What will sell me will be story content with DLC 2: if it will be interesting i might think to take season pass and replay all the game with both hard and pro mode, i might think...frankly DLC 1 has nothing that makes me want to take season pass

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

erv

Funny how peoples responses differ on this. I really like this first stuff, I really want to play it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JoyBoy

erv wrote:

Funny how peoples responses differ on this. I really like this first stuff, I really want to play it.

Especially since we already kinda knew what was coming. But I have to say, this looks way better than what they showed on paper.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

OorWullie

I may be wrong but this new update seems to have improved the framerate again.At least with the Wii U version.The few fights I've had since playing it today were a lot smoother it seems .it's also a lot smoother at the top of a tree,it could be really choppy before.I've climbed a few today to check it out and it seems to be much better.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GoronBrudda

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@NEStalgia For Lynel I like to glide down from some cliff and spam as many arrows as I can in his face. This should take a third to half his health off if done right. Use a bow with quick shot if you have one. Lynel gives a bunch after a while. I also when I can use the barbarian armor. Even if in cold areas I'll just eat for that instead. Helps also if you have that whole armor set and leveled up to 2 stars!

Great tips! (Haven't upgraded my Barbarian Armor yet, but if it helps with Lynels I'm going to make a point of doing that as my next top priority!)
That's Awesome! Thanks!!

GoronBrudda

Gultigargar

So what's the easiest way to complete the Gerdou divine beast dungeon? It'seems the only thing that actually frustrates me in the game and makes me want to play less of BotW.

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

Spoony_Tech

@Shiki_No_Uta That's the first one I did weeks ago and made the rest easy by comparison. Just take your time and rotate the map to see if you're missing something.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@GoronBrudda It's a chicken and egg problem. The primary reason I need the barbarian armor is to hunt lynels, and the main thing I need to upgrade my barbarian armor enough to hunt lynels is....killing a bunch of lynels....

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm a widdle bit creeped out about being able to wear Majora's mask. I feel like there should be some animation changes to Link where he seems a bit...off if he wears the mask. Maybe twitching or wringing his hands in paranoia...

That Korok mask is a lifesaver though...I guess I'll go for all 900 after all.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eric258

As cool as the dlc is. I think I'm gonna hold off until the Christmas holidays. I want to start a new playthrough but kinda want to have a somewhat blind experience again, in which I won't know where everything is and how to solve every puzzles. So it'll take some time. I think on my new playthrough I'll have the Spanish Latin america dub, hard mode, pro hud mode, trying to avoid using the map, grab the master sword at the very end and limit myself to only healing at cooking pots.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Octane

Not interested in the DLC, and I already beat the game, so I fail to see the point of getting it now. I'm surprised they're even charging for this. If I didn't know, I would've thought it was just a small software patch.

Octane

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I don't know the hard mode and korok tracking maybe should be an update, and maybe the footstep tracking, but new costumes/armor (presumably with upgrade requirements), flying enemies, new enemy ranks etc seems very DLC. Considering that's only the "teaser" entry of a new story DLC for $20, that's not bad assuming the story DLC has real meat to it.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Have you tried any of the goods sold by Kilton? What you request is extremely possible if not probable....... And if not you seriously need to locate Kilton simply so you can appreciate the detail.

Hmm, I wonder what effect Majora's Mask has on other elements in the game. "The Blood Moon rises once aga.....wait...no, no now it's falling, THE BLOOD MOON IS FALLING!!"

NEStalgia

-Green-

So far, the DLC seems pretty bad. At least for me, nothing looks really interesting. I was hopjng for a bit more for something they were charging extra for.

The costumes are cute but I'm honestly not gonna pay for them. I have similar feelings about the Amiibo ones which feel cheap.

The rest just seem pretty dull for me. So I'll hold off on buying the DLC until I see what the other one entails.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic