Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,508

Diddy64

For a strange reason Nintendo didn't announce character 5 in the Game Awards. I guess a direct should be coming between December and January.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

SKTTR

When NO MORE HEROES III came up I got excited, but no new Smash fighter at all?
Lol, Smash fans are now smashing the dislike button. The number of dislikes grew from 1.000 to 10.000 in just a minute. Well, that's emotional dedication. Seems like a few feel betrayed.

Anyway,
SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE won BEST FIGHTING GAME of the year, obviously, well deserved.
LUIGI'S MANSION 3 won BEST FAMILY GAME of the year.
FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES won BEST STRATEGY GAME of the year.

3 Awards for Nintendo!
And I think this was only topped by the indie dev ZA/UM who won 4 awards for DISCO ELYSIUM, is that right?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Diddy64

True. I am glad Smash won that award.

Undergoing games:

iKhan

Diddy64 wrote:

For a strange reason Nintendo didn't announce character 5 in the Game Awards. I guess a direct should be coming between December and January.

I really hope it's in December. I start my surgery rotation in January and I won't have time to get hype.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Diddy64

@iKhan that's quite the profession. I don't think I can make one without getting scared of killing the patient by mistake or accident 😅

Undergoing games:

link3710

Well, with NMH III at the game awards but no Smash announcement, chances of Travis just fell significantly. I'm definitely going back to Sora as my gut choice now, I feel like next year's first direct is gonna announce 1.5 + 2.5 + 2.8 for Switch.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

With no presence at the Game Awards, I now think the 5th character is going to either have a Switch port or new game exclusive to Switch being announced at the same time. So I'm going with Monster Hunter where Switch gets a sequel to Generations Ultimate releasing in 2020 meanwhile PS5/Xbox Series X/PC gets World 2 in 2021/2022.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

With no presence at the Game Awards, I now think the 5th character is going to either have a Switch port or new game exclusive to Switch being announced at the same time. So I'm going with Monster Hunter where Switch gets a sequel to Generations Ultimate releasing in 2020 meanwhile PS5/Xbox Series X/PC gets World 2 in 2021/2022.

Didn't Iceborne just come out this year though?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan I remember discussions in the main Switch thread about there being 2 Monster Hunter teams, one did Generations and Generations Ultimate whereas the other did World and Iceborne expansion so the Generations team might be working on a new Switch Monster Hunter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Namco

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
As predicted, easy game, easy life. I like this tournament but I would love a version without items on. Back to Monster Hunter World now.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Grumblevolcano

Next spirit event is Astral Chain:

• Howard + Sword Legion
  • Akira Howard + Arrow Legion
  • Lappy
  • Kyle

So looks like Astral Chain rep deconfirmed then, I guess we'll see a Fire Emblem Three Houses spirit event around the time the story DLC goes live.

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

Today is the day. Only 5 hours left.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Harmonie

Yeah, very underwhelming character choice. Especially considering how much he hyped it up right there like "No one knows about this character, and it will be shocking!" and then... it's a Fire Emblem character.

Six more characters is insane, though. I really thought that these five would be it, but then to go and announce extra DLC characters and then six? Wow.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Gamerboy19

Another six DLC characters really is exciting. I just hope that there's no more Fire Emblem characters.

Gamerboy19

DarkRula

Should hopefully be some more interesting characters coming to the game through these new six - even if one of them is a Pokémon rep.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

link3710

DarthNocturnal wrote:

It's an odd day when the Mii Fighter outfits get you more hyped then the announced fighter. But then two of them are freaking Altiar and Cuphead.

Took the words right out of my mouth. But I have to wonder, why did Ubisoft not give them the ability to mention Assassin's Creed? Like, they specifically went out of their way to not mention what game Altaïr is from.

link3710

Captain_Toad

Upon seeing the starting seconds of the trailer I was thinking. "(HAHA!) Wow, people are going to be salty about this!" And it's warranted.

The final Season #1 DLC is another Fire Emblem Character.
And it's FE Character count reaches eight.
And it's another Sword User. (Even though the trailer jokes about the character being another sword user.)

For me, I don't mind this character as long as the character's moveset is interesting and doesn't have ANOTHER counter.

I can imagine the salt for this character leading up to the end of the DLC road...until they get their hands on it.....or yet another FE character shows up....or someone worse than a FE character shows up.

Bring in extra large fries people.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Manah

link3710 wrote:

Like, they specifically went out of their way to not mention what game Altaïr is from.

Only in the NA presentation apparently. The EU one did.

Late

The reaction to Byleth is pretty much what I expected. I love Three Houses but I didn't necessarily want him/her in Smash. That said, I'm always looking forward to how the character plays more and they look like a fun addition in that regard. I didn't like Joker's recovery but now that Byleth's has an added meteor smash effect, I may end up liking it more. I like playing as each of the earlier FE characters except Corrin.

I find it very funny how Sakurai deals with his fanbase. He knows people take everything as hints and this time he actually provided a hint. It was just so obscure that no one would've ever gotten it. Also the stab at "too many swordsmen". I'm glad he can have fun despite getting a lot of hate for the fighter choices.

The Mii costume selection was great this time around. That said, Mii characters are the only ones I don't play often since they cannot be picked by random which is dumb. I'll probably get Cuphead costume for the music though. That's what I did with Sans.

While I've barely played any Assassin's Creed, I know it's popular and that got me wondering lately, why I've never heard anyone wanting AC characters in Smash despite so many people wanting much more obscure characters (I still don't get what's the big deal with Geno). Fast forward a month and there's a Mii Costume announced. I'm glad Ubisoft has more representation but I'd still like a playable character from them. Rayman is the obvious choice. I personally don't think having a spirit effects his chances.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TOUGHDUDE94

who is ready to predict on the next 6 fighters
we got until dec 2021 so three this year 3 next so not including fighter 5 beyth form FE3H
so predictions for fighter 6-8 then 9-11

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic