Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 4,507

TOUGHDUDE94

@Late i do not know what with waluigi and geno i just think the 1 is anyoning the other is just a long shot that is a side charter in the game that no one now has played with and what stage would will go with both of them on is just a sport game

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

i wonder what indie mii costume be next gunvolt or shante

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Well for context, Ubisoft has all Assassin's Creed games on modern systems except the Altair ones:

• Ezio Collection (2, Brotherhood, Revelations) - 2016
  • AC3 Remastered (3, Liberation) - 2019
  • Rogue - 2018
  • Rest of the franchise except Altair's games launched first on PS4/XB1

So Ubisoft's being a bit odd with AC1 in general.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano True, I always assumed the source code was lost or something, but maybe there's more to it than that.

@Late I think the main reason you don't hear many people asking for AC is a mix of not knowing who to ask for (Ezio and Altair have never appeared on Nintendo systems, and there's plenty of other potential candidates still.), and them not sounding like they'd play very interestingly. Well, that and the fact that many people want Rayman before Altair/Ezio/Connor/Aveline/Edward/... Also, no one wants Desmond and he seems the most likely with 5 (or more?) appearances.

link3710

Late

@link3710 I had a feeling it was partly due to there being multiple characters to choose from. As I said, I'm not too familiar with the series but I always thought the character design, which stayed pretty samey for a long while, was kind of cool. I haven't played enough AC to even have a faintest idea on how they'd play. I own 3 and 4 for Wii U. 3 was so buggy that I stopped after an hour and while I liked the beginning of 4, I stopped playing after couple of hours for whatever reason. I've also heard 3 isn't that great to begin with.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Yknow, I owned Altair's chronicles and I still forgot that he was on a Nintendo system.

@Late Yeah, 3's probably the worst of the original 7 console titles (1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, 4, Rogue), though at least the sea portions were fun. And the Wii U port wasn't exactly sparkling either, I got softlocked in my save on that release so I never finished the game.

I'm still hoping we get Ezio trilogy on Switch, cause I wanna finally get to play through those titles fully on my own system.

link3710

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Ah I saw someone said that on the other page, but that's utterly bizarre. Why would Ubisoft pass up free advertising in NA then?

link3710

TOUGHDUDE94

I loved all the new additions at least it not dante,waluigi or geno why do we need more meme fighters.

TOUGHDUDE94

link3710

@andrew20 Well, Dante (beyond being a meme) is a legitimate character choice as well. Devil May Cry is a long running and well known series, and him vs. Bayonetta would be amazing.

...I can't really defend Waluigi or Geno.

link3710

Tobiaku

I'm looking forward to Byleth ^_^

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

RR529

At first I thought it was Marth in the trailer (haven't played 3 Houses), and when he was trapped in the darkness with the green haired girl saying something along the lines of following your heart, I thought he was going to be saved by Sora, who would be the new fighter (similar to how the DQ Hero saved Link in his trailer).

So I was definitely disappointed in the reveal itself, though I have no strong feelings on Byleth as a fighter either way.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Harmonie

@andrew20 People actually do like those characters, though. I legitimately like Waluigi, although I'm not too bothered by him not being in Smash. I'd rather see him finally get a role in a real Mario game. And I've never seen Geno's support as memeish at all. People were adamantly supporting Geno back long before Brawl was released, when memes weren't even a mainstream thing yet.

Honestly, Waluigi or Geno would have been so much more exciting than Byleth. But I understand someone might see Waluigi and think "Another Mario character? Come on". I just think that Mario earns character reps because it is Nintendo's mascot franchise. Fire Emblem is no where near mascot status and even though I like the characters (I especially like Lucina and was thrilled beyond belief when she made it into SSB4), the number of FE characters in SSB is outrageous at this point. It's very forced.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

@Harmonie Agreed, I was genuinely excited for Lucina, Robin (solely for gameplay cause a mage was great) and Chrom joining, but Corrin and Byleth... eh. I think a lot of my problem is the fact that the MCs are so much non-characters that I utterly don't care about them. Any of the house's heads and I'd probably have been mildly excited at least.

As for Mario characters... I haven't been excited for one since Rosalina honestly. Daisy, Bowser Jr. and Pirahna Plant were all very meh. I'm pretty burnt out on that series getting reps as well.

What I'd really like to see is more from underepped IPs like DK (Dixie please), F-Zero, Pikmin, Punch-out!!, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Wario or even Wii/Switch Fit. Or more new IPs (W101, ARMs, Golden Sun, Geist etc)

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

Pretty excited about Byleth (and the amiibo potential). I gotta say I feel like this is the last smash though...they are really pulling out the stops.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Harmonie With characters like Waluigi, I think the biggest problem is Nintendo doesn't really do anything with Mario Kart/Sports/Party characters like they only exist just to fill a roster slot in those games. Even Daisy has been demoted from having presence in Super Mario Land to just being another Mario Kart/Sports/Party character.

I have some pretty basic ideas for using those characters elsewhere like:

• Daisy - Another mainline Mario game in Sarasaland
  • Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina - New Mario + Rabbids game with the Rabbids having a device that can turn characters into baby form
  • Pink Gold Peach - New mainline Mario game has Peach playable and the gold flower turns her into Pink Gold Peach
  • Waluigi - Bring back Wario Land and have Waluigi as a playable character, if playing co-op you have 1 person as Wario and the other as Waluigi
  • Birdo - Partner in a new Paper Mario game

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

My picks for the final 6, in no particular order. My rules: Characters must have originated in a Video game and appeared on a Nintendo console. No characters who are currently assist trophies, no characters or franchises who have been added as spirits or Mii costumes AFTER the game launched.

1. Lloyd Irving (of course)
2. Rex and Pyra
3. Ribbon Girl
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Pauline or Captain Toad or Rillaboom

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

As for my predictions for the final 6:
1. Dante
2. Sora
3. Master Chief or Doomguy
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Sigurd (Genealogy of the Holy War), Seliph (Genealogy of the Holy War) or Hector (Blazing Sword)

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Octoguy I saw the Prince, and I'm in with your picks, 100%. Doesn't matter what the other 5 are. Though, I'd honestly enjoy 3MS, Rayman, and Galarian Trainer too.

Anyways, guess I better post my own predictions:
1. Pauline
2. Kazuma Kiryu
3. Sub-Zero
4. Rillaboom
5. Heihachi
6. Character from FE17

In other words, no one I particularly care about. Rillaboom could be fun though, considering how Inciniroar and Greninja both grew on me after the initial disappointment. If I was slightly more optimistic...

1. Agumon - Winter/Spring
2. Rayman - Summer/E3
3. Howard (Astral Blade) or Wonder-Red - Fall
4. BotW2 Character - Winter/Spring
5. Doomslayer - Summer/E3
6. Rillaboom - Fall

But that's probably way too wishlisty to hope we'd get even one of the set of Agumon, Howard, Wonder-Red, Rayman, or Doomslayer, never mind all 5.

link3710

KoopaKid5657

I really just want Crash Bandicoot now. Also, Nintendo might as well make a fire emblem fighting game with all of the characters from fe in smash now!

KoopaKid5657

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic