Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 3,654

AlohaPizzaJack

@AlternateButtons Yeah, luck is most certainly involved then. Sorry, yo. ☹️
What about Bayo? Supposed to be powerful, I’ve not used her though.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

King K. Rool and having classic tickets to spend on continues is the easiest way. When you reach 9.9, using a classic ticket keeps the 9.9. Ridley is the hardest part of that one as like actual Ridley players, the CPU loves to spam his side special (the move where he drags the opponent across the floor).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

electrolite77

Bloody hell this is good. Last Smash i got into was Melee but this is really addictive. No idea why this is grabbing me where others failed but it is. Quite the looker too.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Well in general, this is probably the second easiest Classic Mode in the series (easiest being Smash 4 on 3DS). While it's dumb that you can't get KOed at all without needing a continue, there is a silver lining to stuff: enemies are very easy to knockout compared to normal Smash, doubly true for Ganondorf, you can still use a Classic Ticket on the final boss if you got to 9.9 (you can't use a ticket on the boss to get to 9.9 if you're below though), and Ganondorf can make short work of pretty much anything.

If you're still struggling though, you might want to try Link. Despite Ganondorf being my main and getting 9.9 with him, I have higher GSP with Link than Ganondorf and also got him to 9.9.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AlternateButtons

I'm legit about to throw my Switch out the window. HOW DO YOU DO THIS?!?!? Even if I do well on every fight the bosses always wreck me! It's because A. They dont flinch whatsoever and B. Because for some stupid arbitrary reason, your attacks do less damage over time. Even if I mix it up with different moves, my attack power just diminishes. Them? Oh they can do like 30-60% with one hit. Some even have instakill moves! It's frustrating game design.

Oh and Master Hand and Crazy hand together are impossible to not get KOd to. They are the worst.

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons The one caveat to my "this is the second easiest Classic Mode" I guess is that Master & Crazy Hand has been made MUCH harder. I die against them very often, at least with characters I suck with. Link doesn't fight them though, he fights Ganon instead in his Classic Mode. If you're really struggling with the Hands, try Link instead since Ganon (imo) is much easier to dodge.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AlternateButtons

@EvilLucario I don't think your silver lining is true. There are plenty of instances where I said to myself "Why didnt that Smash attack kill? He was at 60%!" Ness and Lucas just showed me that you can come back no matter how hard you hit them!

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Hm, Idk dude. With Ganondorf I could KO things extremely easily. Then again, he IS my main, so maybe I just know how to wrack up more damage and how to really get the most out of him.

For some advice for using him though, neutral air is one of Ganondorf's best attacks. Very good frame data, it can very well wrack up a ton of damage. Then you can follow it up with side-B -> down-tilt for an easy 30% damage per use. And if they come back at you again, you can just side-B again and do another down-tilt and they would probably be at 50%.

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons With King K. Rool, you're fighting heavy characters and there's cheap stage victories you can do like vs. Ganondorf it's on the normal Bridge of Eldin stage so you can run and belly flop your way to victory without Ganondorf landing a single attack. Also King K. Rool's final boss is Galleom which is easier than the hands.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AlternateButtons

Me rn:

AlternateButtons

@Grumblevolcano @EvilLucario I DID IIIIIIIIT. OH MY CHRIST ON A CRACKER I DID IT. I WANNA CRY SO MUCH RIGHT NOW THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AGONIZING AND I DID IT.

King K Rool pulled through. I was at 9.0 when approacing Galleom and somehow, by some divine miracle of Sakurai himself, did not die to Galleom which pulled me to 9.9.

....I feel like a weights been lifted from my soul T_T. Thanks both of you.

Edit: @JackEatsSparrows Thank you to you too. Sorry if my reply came off as mean. I wasn't mad at you, just frustrated at the game.

Euler

I managed to beat it on 9.9 with King K. Rool, Kirby, and the first member of the DK Crew (first try for all of them). The two hands together are the toughest Classic mode boss IMO, but you at least get help fighting them if you use either Kong.

Euler

SonicMos

@AlternateButtons Master and Crazy? I did them in 10 seconds for world of light. Use sahelanthropus with victini and use falco.

SonicMos

Switch Friend Code: sw-5474-8323-2325

AlternateButtons

@SonicMos World of Light is cake compared to every other mode. Spirits break them in half. We're talking about Classic mode 9.9 here.

SonicMos

@AlternateButtons Eek. Haven't done much classic but my highest end intensity was 5.1. But trust me, the combo works for any spirit basically as long as it's not grab type.

SonicMos

EvilLucario

@SonicMos You can't use Spirits in Classic Mode. This isn't Smash 4 where custom fighters make you VERY weak in one area. Spirits just make you an outright god.

If you really want to break things though, Little Mac with Giga Mac as your primary and then having Victini and Great Zapfish as support lets you hit extremely hard on every boss right from the start. Giga Mac's innate fist attack+ as well as being a Punch-Out!! Spirit (meaning your power is increased by roughly 10%, yes that's a thing) makes everything you do a very swift and easy win.

Bonus points if you train Giga Mac in the dojo that increases offense at the cost of defense. Congratulations, you just snapped World of Light in two.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Ralizah

I've only managed to end Classic Mode with 9.5 so far. That was with Rosalina.

The two hands make for a really brutal boss encounter.

Ralizah

AlternateButtons

@EvilLucario I got one better. Olimar with attack spirits and weapon/smash attack upgrades.

The man just one shots everything and snaps bosses in two. You can take down every boss in 4-5 hits and achieve the "Win the Final Round without getting Kod" Achievement easily.

Btw are we able to talk about spoilers now? It's been over a month but I'm not sure what the community thinks.

Tsurii

I finished with 9.8 on the Richter scale (heh...hehehe...he...🙃) because I, somehow, didn't expect Dracula to have his second form. Because it's not like they directly reference the boss fight against him in Smash Ultimate. Nuh-uh. Who'd think he'd actually transform, amirite.

%@#*

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

SonicMos

@EvilLucario Have all those spirits so I'll try that out later. Also, What was the name of the dojo?

SonicMos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic