Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 5,014

Zyrac

Server's back up now, just to let y'all know.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 About the same as the first game. Splatoon 2 is like most shooters nowadays where the single player's purpose is to prepare you for online multiplayer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Hey, saw your post on Discord but couldn't figure out how to '@' you! No need to apologise about today! As you guys were saying, I'd be quite happy to go with the NL majority for most Splatfest themes if it'd give us a better chance of getting a team together - and I'd always be up for some Salmon Run/League or something in the meantime if others are free

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii @Zyrac Yeah, thing was the guy showed up like ten minutes after we decided to call it a night. Said he had to work longer because a coworker‘s gallbladder decided to explode. Sadly, it was outside of everybody‘s control what happened yesterday. But now that more and more people are joining the Discord, I think organizing League, SR or Splatfests should become easier.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Late

Seems like it's time for me to get new amiibo.
Untitled
The last ones I bought were Callie and Marie back when they were released.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Aozz101x

Would be pretty cool if Nintendo use these amiibo to give us costumes for these. but, i'll still get it Pearl.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Late

@Dev Not yet. Here's the announcement video as well in case people want to see it.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Dogorilla

Just won a Splatfest match even though my team only had 3 people for the whole match!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

NaviAndMii

NEW STAGE GOBY ARENA COMING SOON!

"It's a state-of-the-art basketball arena with a food court, VIP seating and more."

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

...Booyah!

NEW DARK TETRA DUALIES ALSO COMING SOON!

"You can perform up to four dodge rolls in a row, and even shoot while rolling!"

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

...double Booyah!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Looks real fresh! Can't wait to do battle on it! Also, I NEED my lil Pearlie amiibo right now!!!!

Maxz

All the Boos! All the Yahs! Really glad we're getting a fresh new stage.

Speaking of which, wasn't Shifty Station cool? Felt much more like a war game with a descent into the trenches, backed from behind by artillery. Loadsa fun.

I think I did pretty well in the name of Team Gherkin. Got up to a SplatFest power of 2268, and managed to hit Gherk-IN King despite not being able to play last night.

I would predict that Gherk-IN will take the victory, if my theory that 'the team which appeals most to younger audiences tends to lose more' holds any truth. But we'll see!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Dogorilla

I really liked this Shifty Station too. Kind of a shame it was only playable for one Splatfest (as they all are) but it was great while it lasted.

If I counted correctly I played 32 games and won 23 of them, which got me up to Gherk-In Queen, so hopefully that's a good sign that Gherk-In will do well!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

GoldenGamer88

@Maxz 2268? I can hardly ever reach 2100! Anyway, I really enjoyed this Shifty Station. It felt like a literal King of the Hill battle, though, I‘d dare to say the central cannon should be avoided at all costs. Being in these cannons feels too much like looking through a scope, limiting my vision.

shani

Yeah they've outdone themselves again, Shifty Station was a lot of fun with the cannons! It did actually feel a bit like a war game, but in a good way.

The new stage looks really interesting - although I wonder how anyone can play basketball in there with all those boxes in the way.
The new weapon looks interesting as well, although I feel they're overdoing it with the Dualies or the gimmick-weapons in general (Dualies, Brellas). Still, I'm curious how they'll balance it, four dodge rolls in a row and shooting while dodging sounds OP to me. But I guess they'll find a way as they always do.

Anyway, yesterday I took a look at the upcoming weapons on Squidboards and I'm really looking forward to the Custom Dualie Squelcher!

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

ThatNyteDaez

Anyone else get the sense that those Dark Tetra Dualies will be the most OP weapons in the game? The Dualies as a weapon class are (sort of) balanced in that you can't shoot while dodge rolling. if you can shoot while dodge rolling up to 4 times in a row, not only will no one but Chargers be able to hit you, but you'll be unmatched at closer ranges save for a few specific weapon counters (Blaster/Rollers). I hope it turns out to be more of a "shield" instead of actually having splat-potential because this could totally tip the balance of the game in the Dualies' favour. Dualies are my fave weapon class but I think this might be a bit much.

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

They could balance it by doing something like significantly reducing fire rate while dodging.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

And Pearl continues to win every Europe-exclusive Splatfest! Team Gherk-OUT won in a frickin landslide 3 to 0. GGs to Team Gherk-IN, too!

Maxz

Well my prediction that Gherk-IN would win was shot down from the sky like a poorly piloted Inkjet. 3-0 to Gherk-OUT! And just to rub pickled cucumber in the wound, a 55-45 loss in the Team category. That stings!

Anyway, congratulations to team Gherk-OUT. Enjoy your Pearl-brand custard burgers.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

No Pearl, custard in burgers is at least as bad as gherkins...

For me I'm more on the plain side. All a burger needs is the bread, meat and cheese.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic