Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 5,014

Zyrac

@GoldenGamer88 With any luck I can make that time, sure. I can't currently do voice chat, but it'd still be good to make some use of Discord.

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Zyrac Ah yes, I forgot, you couldn't last Sunday either when we were playing SR. If I get the okay from Navi, I'll go and invite my friend over to the discord then.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

omagickarp

Does anyone know how to get merch to accept coins instead of sea snails for adding new slots to gear. I don't know why but he stopped accepting coins and only wants sea snails.

omagickarp

Pazzo-TheFool

New US Splatfest! Money Vs. Love, baby!

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

@omagickarp To my knowledge, you can only increase slots/rerolls with sea snails. The only time Murch accepts cash is for scrubbing filled slots.

Money versus Love, eh? Didn‘t we have something like that back in S1? Oh, yeah, the japanese had that with Love taking the win.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Maxz

Oh man, that new US theme could make things super intense: "The thing in whose name name we're destroying the world" vs. "The thing in whose name we could save it".

Or perhaps other less catastrophic interpretations. Either way, it makes the Great Gherkin Debate look a little less... earth-shattering. Not that I mind our SplatFests being based largely around petty grievances and trivialities.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Zyrac wrote:

@GoldenGamer88 With any luck I can make that time, sure. I can't currently do voice chat, but it'd still be good to make some use of Discord.

I can't currently do voice chat either unfortunately, but I've downloaded the Discord app to my phone for some post-match debriefs Catch you later!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Good to hear from you. There should be a link to the NL Inklings discord over at the Multiplayer Organization thread ( https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/the_multip... ). I‘ll send an invite to the fourth there as well as he‘s not an user here and can‘t use the NL chat.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Late

Here's a video of the recent Splatoon concert.

I just love how big Splatoon is in Japan. I'm also amazed by how far we've come in terms of 3D modeling in such short time. The in-game models look great too but the big screens and fluid animation in the concert really take these characters to whole another level.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Yes, it is. Feel free to jump in whenever you want, we just won‘t be playing until around 7:10 PM CEST. I‘ll jump in solo and check out the new Shifty Station in like 30 mins.

DreamyViridi

Well, this is a bit awkward. There's server maintenance going on during the Splatfest...
Got the notification about it during a match.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

bluemage1989

Can someone answer me this. Really like the look of Splatoon 2 but a slow internet connection means online is not possible for me. Is the single player an improvment over the originals??

Also is the other offline content any good??

bluemage1989

Zyrac

The server is down for "emergency maintenance" according to this. I wonder what happened. Don't think it was merely high traffic, as I didn't notice anything being slow or wonky when I was playing.

@bluemage1989 Single player is improved but not by that much. The only other offline content would be local multiplayer which requires everyone to have their own Switch. To be honest, this likely isn't a game you should buy if you're not going to play online.

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

A maintenance? At this hour and during a Splatfest at that as well? This seems really weird to me. Mostly because I was playing without any lag or slow down and not even ten minutes later, when I went to check tomorrow‘s stage schedule, the whole thing was under maintenance. I think I‘ve seen more maintenance in the last few weeks than the entire last year.

NaviAndMii

Maybe we didn't harvest enough Golden Eggs to power the servers...Pay-Cut's all around!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 The main improvement with single player is the Splatoon 2 equivalent of amiibo challenges don't require amiibo. You just get different weapons naturally through the single player and can replay a stage with any unlocked weapon once you've beaten it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic