Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 4,762

GoldenGamer88

And now, everybody, marvel at my finally (for the time being) completed collection!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

DreamyViridi

I wasn't expecting Comedy to win considering the teammates I had but hey, I won't complain about my first Splatfest being a win and yeah, it's about time Marina won one again.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pazzo-ZaFool

@DreamyViridi Likewise, I thought action'd take it!

Also, it's been a million years, but good to see you still kicking around, DV. I used to haunt the Kid Icarus thread under the username "MaskOGears".

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

Does anybody have head and/or clothes gear of the Tentatek brand with Sub Power Up or Ink Saber Sub as the main ability? If so, could we play a match so I can order it from Murch? Thanks in advance! Decided to finish those two Sets off so I can live in peace (also I‘ve really come to love Ink Saver Sub and the ability to just spam Autobombs.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

DreamyViridi

@Caldorosso-E - Yeah, I remember that name! Never thought I'd see someone from the KI Thread again, it's good to see you too. Ah, memories... Hard to believe that was at least 6 years ago... The battles. The Spotpass Gems. The discussions and the... occasional random trend.

While the thread is closed now and most of the regulars went their separate ways, I still keep it in my sig for old times sake. It is what got to join NL, after all.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pazzo-ZaFool

@DreamyViridi Good times. I remember joining up just for it too.

Maybe the Switch can get a sequel and we'll restart some crazy Light Vs. Dark matches.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

TheLZdragon

Is it just me or are most results 51%?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Zyrac

I think when you see 51% it's fairly likely that the difference in win rate is actually less than 1% and it's just being rounded up. After all, there's not much reason for one Splatfest team to have better players than the other.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

I played 34 battles to get to Comedy King (according to Splatnet) and finished with 18 wins and 16 losses, which is a mighty 52.94% win rate! ..so I like to think that it was my slightly-above-average performance that swung it!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@GoldenGamer88 I have the Blue Tentatek Tee with Sub Saver if you want it.
Edit: Seems like you quit before I could join. Sorry...
Edit 2: Ok I’m in!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

GoldenGamer88

@Blue_Blur That’d be grand. I’m back online now. Get into a Turf War match and I try to join ya.
Edit: Welp, room‘s full. I‘ll join once that match‘s over, sorry bout that
Edit 2: Thanks a lot, mate! It‘s even got Ink Recovery Up in one slot already! Can‘t thank you enough!

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Maxz

@Zyrac That was always my assumption too; in the event that both scores would round to 50%, the higher would artificially become 51% in order to make things look more explicit on the results screen. And I still think it's highly likely that happens. But look!

And compare:

Untitled

In this case the rounding was spot on. What's amazing is low close the win rates for Solo and Team were - right down to a hundredth of a percent!

In my experience the team that does best in battle tends to be the less popular. I don't know how many 3-0s we had (the only condition under which the popular team is the outright best as battling), but I don't think it's a lot. Maybe more younger players generally join the popular team. Or maybe idiosyncrasy just triumphs over lamestream. Anyway, I'll look up some figures and see if I'm right. It'd be really interesting to graph popularity vs. win rate.

EDIT: I have some data of all the Splatoon 2 SplatFests so far!

There have been 19 fests in total across all regions. The popular team have been the outright best battlers (winning both Solo and Team) on just two occasions: with Vampires and Sweaters. There have been nine occasions in which the Solo and Team results have been split, thus turning the Fest entirely into popularity contest. And on eight occasions, the unpopular team has overcome their handicap to win both Solo and Team, and take the victory.

So I think that's significant. It does seem like there's some tendency for the least popular team to weed out the weaker fighters. Even if the most common result is a fighting draw.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Zyrac

@Maxz Interesting! I actually have always gotten the impression that the less popular team tends to do a bit better. Indeed, while I'm no sociologist, I think that in general the bigger the crowd, the lower the average competence of its members. But it is a bit surprising to see that sort of effect with a binary choice that has no right answer.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Maxz

@Zyrac Yes, never trust people in large groups.

Splat them instead.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Maxz

@Dev I think it was. But given the different scoring system in 2, I thought it would be interesting to look at the actual data from that game alone.

And obviously by 'win', we mean, 'win the battles'. All the cases where the battles were a 'draw' between Solo and Team sections obviously resulted in a win for the the more popular team, by dint of their extra point. So in 2+9=11 cases (out of 19), the popular team has still won the overall competition.

If you pick the popular team you've got a 57.9% chance of winning the overall, so it's still your best bet if you're just after Sea Snails. However, you've only got a 10.5% chance of taking the wins in both categories, a 47.4% chance of taking just one, and a 42.1% chance of losing both. In other worse, you're four times more likely to lose both games than win both, so if pride on the battlefield is your thing, then you should leave lamestream behind and head for hipster heaven. However, if you're just trying to play the game how it's meant to be played, go for the option you actually like and fight with all your heart.

For splats and glory!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Played on Moray Towers for the first time in what feels like months. Noticed loads of changes to the central area and the inkrails. I especially like how you can‘t fall down to your doom when climbing the enemy base‘s wall at the centre. Made this stage a bit more bearable, which it is in small doses. Still wished it wasn’t as linear, giving the dominated team a way out of their own spawn besides to the ramp or jumping down.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

LeopardSon

LeopardSon / SW-3457-1152-5039

Please msg/add me for Splatoon party and chat
Dying to try

LeopardSon

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic