Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

I really enjoyed this Shifty Station. It felt like a literal King of the Hill battle, though, I‘d dare to say the central cannon should be avoided at all costs. Being in these cannons feels too much like looking through a scope, limiting my vision.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too! I always look forward to seeing what they're gonna do with the next Shifty Station layout - and am never disappointed - but I particularly liked this version

Totally agree with you about the central cannon - it just seemed to be a bit of a 'magnet' attracting players to it, which made that area pretty chaotic! ..and the cannon itself is exposed on all sides, which makes it quite vulnerable to being flanked - which just made it a 'no go zone' for me (unless I had the rest of my team close by offering protection)

I rather enjoyed the general layout of the map as well - the slopes, ledges, lookout spots, side areas and raised central area were all on point - just made for a great play area! ..and the addition of cannons made it a Shifty classic! Great fun!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Hyped for the new amiibo, dualies, and SLAM JAM AREA, MY SQUIDS!

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

NaviAndMii

ThatNyteDaez wrote:

Anyone else get the sense that those Dark Tetra Dualies will be the most OP weapons in the game? The Dualies as a weapon class are (sort of) balanced in that you can't shoot while dodge rolling. if you can shoot while dodge rolling up to 4 times in a row, not only will no one but Chargers be able to hit you, but you'll be unmatched at closer ranges save for a few specific weapon counters (Blaster/Rollers). I hope it turns out to be more of a "shield" instead of actually having splat-potential because this could totally tip the balance of the game in the Dualies' favour. Dualies are my fave weapon class but I think this might be a bit much.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

They could balance it by doing something like significantly reducing fire rate while dodging.

The mobility is just going to be insane! I already use dodge roll to quickly nip up ramps or other 'ink proof' sections - it might be possible to quadruple roll across entire walkways at lightning speed! ..they're going to have to nerf the set some other way - particularly if you can also fire while rolling (!) - and my immediate thought is that the new Dualies will have extremely low damage output (ie. you might be able to run roll rings around someone, but you're gonna have to land a lot of hits if you're gonna splat 'em!)

Can't wait to give 'em a whirl!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Untitled

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fans who don’t yet own the Splatoon 2 game are in for a splat-acular treat. On March 16, the Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will launch in stores. The special bundle of the hit Nintendo Switch game includes the full game, a 100-page Splatoon 2 strategy guide to equip you with skills to climb the competitive ranks and two sheets of Splatoon stickers, all at a suggested retail price of only $59.99. That’s the same price as the stand-alone game, so this new Starter Edition adds even more value.

Splatoon 2 launched exclusively for Nintendo Switch last summer and, so far, has sold more than 4.9 million units worldwide. The action-filled game pits teams of Inklings against each other in a variety of fun and messy modes. Since launch, Nintendo has consistently rolled out new content for the game, including recurring fan-favorite competitions called Splatfests, a new battle mode, as well as new gear and stages, like the just-announced Dark Tetra Dualies weapon and basketball-arena-themed Goby Arena stage.

In addition to this amaz-ink news, Pearl and Marina, two of the most popular new characters in Splatoon 2, are getting their own amiibo figures. This talented duo forms the group “Off the Hook,” and has been burning up the Inkling music charts. Fans love them for their unique futuristic sound, but they’re also making quite the name for themselves as the broadcasters of Inkopolis News and Splatfest events! The amiibo figures will launch in stores exclusively as part of a 2-pack set later this year.

For more information about Splatoon 2, visit https://splatoon.nintendo.com/.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

redd214

@SLIGEACH_EIRE thank you for that post. Was planning on getting Splatoon 2 for my sons birthday on March 18th May as well end up being this version. I appreciate it!

redd214

Kanbei

I was just curious if there are any other .52 Gal lovers out there like me. It seems to me that it is not used by very many players I come across. In most competitive multiplayer games, if I find something that works for me I tend to stick with it. In the first Splatoon, I clicked with the .52 Gal and later the Deco and rarely went with anything else. I have been stealing my son's Switch daily lately and trying to get to level 14 so I could give it a whirl. Up until then I was mostly using the Splat Dualies. They felt familiar to me right away and I liked Tenta Missiles as the Special, since they are sort of an evolution of the Inkstrike. As soon as I unlocked the .52 Gal, though, I haven't looked back. It lobs huge amounts of ink and gets quick kills. I also really like the Baller special. It's great to have in your back pocket when you're in a pinch and could use some invincibility. Very useful in ranked matches. Anyway, all that to say I'm really loving the .52 Gal/Baller combo. Anyone else?

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

GoldenGamer88

@Kanbei I like using the .52 Gal once in a while, though, the standard‘s lack of bomb subs and the Deco‘s lack of an actually good Special are what‘s keeping it to its once in a while use. I do switch a lot between weapons because I just get bored with them easily.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Kanbei

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, I don't really use subs tbh. It always seems like it's not worth the ink.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

Pazzo-TheFool

Anyone wonder what the amiibo will unlock? I suspect Pearl's will be the Emperor gear and Marina the Octoling armor.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

Does anybody happen to have a Splash Mob-branded headgear with Swim Speed Up as a main ability or a Krak-On-branded headgear with Ink Saver Main? I'd need it to finish off a set.

Grumblevolcano

@Caldorosso-E I think they will act like the Callie and Marie amiibo in Splatoon Wii U, so basically allow you to have Inkopolis Square be in its Splatfest form.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zyrac

Oh, hey, looks like there's going to be an all-random Salmon Run rotation starting on Saturday. Is it finally time for a new Grizzco weapon?

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

All random does not sound too good to me. has a flashback to when the entire team had Chargers and promptly failed No ... not again.

ThomGee

The Sloshing Machine Neo is coming tonight, with the Point Sensor and Splat Bomb Launcher.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Pazzo-TheFool

Better than the base set. I want a long-range weapon with my Stingray.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

MegaMari0

What in the actual heck splatoon devs?!?! Cannons in the shifty station...So 1 sided especially if you are on the losing end. Such an unbalanced map.good grief...

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

GoldenGamer88

@MegaMari0 Honestly, the cannons didn‘t feel that overpowered to me, especially the one in the middle, which is the most open and unsafe position to be in. The cannons by the bases can cover a lot of range, sure, but both teams have one. The issue, as always, is having bad shots in there that don‘t know how to work them. It‘s not really that one-sided really. Wait ... has the Splatfest already started?

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

MegaMari0

Yeah it has

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Maxz

@MegaMari0 After spending a bit of time on that map, I actually started avoiding the cannons by the end of it. They leave you pretty vulnerable, and the slow speed of bullets makes it relatively hard to hit people far away. Also, the stage provides a certain amount of cover.

That was one of my favourite Shifty Station. Probably my outright favourite.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic