Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 4,530

meleebrawler

@Maxz Or just being embarrassed, if by the logic the game seems to be presenting you need to have your clothes off to be fully invisible.

Flying is definitely more useful to the average person, even if you don't get the rest of Superman's traits to go with it. Doing so even at roughly the same speed as walking should save you some time by not having to navigate obstacles.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JasmineDragon

Flight all the way. Come on, this isn't even a contest. Flight is the power four out of ten superheroes have because it's massively useful, while invisibility is the power so useless, they had add several other powers to it to make Sue Storm be anything like a legitimate superhero.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

NaviAndMii

@Nicolai Haha! Yeah, my thoughts exactly - invisibility definitely has that creepy vibe to it Plus, I lived in Australia for a couple of years a while back (now UK) - so being able to have a super-power that allowed me to just nip over to the other side of the world for a few beers with my old buddies would be just magic! #TeamFlight all the way!

@Blue_Blur @Zyrac Wow, thanks so much for the advice! Great tips!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Zyrac Because it's not like Viktor Von Doom wears a magical suit of armor 24/7 (and that's if it isn't actually a Doombot) or has heard of locked doors.

But yeah, most of Invisible Girl's (the distinction between that and Woman is important) uselessness was more due to her sheer idiocy (and writer misogyny) than her powers not being helpful.

EdJericho

To truly take advantage of the power of invisibility you'll need to go everywhere naked.

Untitled

@Blue_Blur Iggly told me that during our last Splatfest, wish I had known about it sooner so I could've grind for more chunks. It's also faster to grind the first 2 abilities and then reset since getting the last ability takes the same amount of time as getting the first 2 abilities. You'll spend more money but get more abilities faster. Good to see you'll be choosing Team Flight, hopefully everyone chooses the same side again since it's the only way to team up again and it's much more better playing in Team Squad than Solo.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Jazzer94

Think I'll go with invincibility for this fest, both options are cool though so should hopefully be a even split or close to for votes this time.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

KirbyTheVampire

I might consider picking flight, but if anyone saw you, you would instantly be the most famous person in the world, and that's not something I crave whatsoever. At least invisibility is something that can be used secretly. (Obviously, since no one can see you)

Not to mention the fact that the government might decide you're a threat or are disturbing the peace or something. Even if they didn't arrest you and simply stopped you from using your power, that means you're basically just a normal human again, which is lame. I'll take being able to sneak around and spy on people any day, as creepy as that sounds. (Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same)

KirbyTheVampire

NaviAndMii

@EdJericho Thanks for the tip about grinding only the first two abilities before resetting - much appreciated! ..I'll be taking full advantage in the upcoming Splatfest!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@KirbyTheVampire Can't that be said for EVERY superpower, if you were the only one with them and were caught using them? And if you're gonna argue that invisibility prevents that from happening, you could also just fly really high (above clouds, at least) where people can't see you.

Navitroid

meleebrawler wrote:

You could also just fly really high (above clouds, at least) where people can't see you.

Hm, and die from a lack of oxygen? As well as slowly freezing to death?

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

KirbyTheVampire

@meleebrawler It can, I'm just saying that flying around is a lot more obvious than invisibility, provided you don't disappear in front of people.

As for flying really high, that is true, although I don't really know how sustainable that is, for reasons that the poster above me already said.

The best option IMO would probably be to fly out in the countryside and land outside of populated areas, although having to head out there every time would get annoying really fast, especially if you lived in heavily populated areas.

KirbyTheVampire

shani

Is there some maintenance going on right now? Couldn't find a match three times in a row...

Wow that's awesome! And it's a total no-brainer for me. I always wanted to be able to fly, nothing could beat that.

This is one of those rare instances were the Splatfest theme is actually meaningful for me and not just a 50-50-I-don't-care choice.
I just fear that there will be an overwhelming amount of Team Flight squids, which means constantly battling against your own team and losing the Splatfest in the end...

Anyway, good to know that they finally went back to monthly Splatfests.

Zyrac wrote:

The other catch to this is that the Splatfest Tee has SquidForce branding and thus a high chance of rolling Ink Resistance.

Which is awesome? Ink Resistance was always the must-have ability for me in Splatoon.

EdJericho wrote:

wish I had known about it sooner so I could've grind for more chunks. It's also faster to grind the first 2 abilities and then reset.

Yeah I also found out about it too late. I actually scrubbed my Splatfest Tee after each subslot I unlocked, thought it would go faster that way but it makes no difference.

Edited on by shani

My personal game of the year? Legend Of Marina: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant Legend of Zelda: Breath of the SPLATOOOOON!

Wanna play some Switch games together or just chat about games? Join our NL Inklings Discord serve...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@EdJericho At least you can take full advantage of this Splatfest Tee... better late than never. I didn't realize that grinding only for two slots is faster... thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that! There seems to be enough NLifers on each team that everyone should have enough players to form a squad, which is great. Hopefully Team Flight will win this time!

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

Blue_Blur

It would be cool if the Splatfest Tee brand changed for every Splatfest. That way everyone would eventually have a higher chance of getting chunks of a certain ability they want for cheap, and not always just for ink resistance.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

NapalmPsalm

This splatfest looks to be a fun one!

My wife and I like to talk about having superpowers, but with ridiculous drawbacks. FE: You have the power of invisibility! However, only your skin is invisible and not your other body tissues.
We either do that or try to come up with useless superpowers. It is always a riot XD

Switch
Username: NaplmPsalm
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

Nicolai

meleebrawler wrote:

@Maxz Or just being embarrassed, if by the logic the game seems to be presenting you need to have your clothes off to be fully invisible.

EdJericho wrote:

To truly take advantage of the power of invisibility you'll need to go everywhere naked.

Just go into squid form. Every Inkling seems to possess the ability to make their clothes disappear when they turn into squids.

@KirbyTheVampire makes a good point about it being harder to keep the power of flight a secret. Sure, you can fly up to the clouds, but that's not what I want to do.
I want to get places faster, and see the city from every angle!

Also, I just realized that even if I did have the power of flight, I wouldn't ever use it for fear of if it stopped working mid-flight. Maybe I should change my mind. At what point am I thinking about it too much?

I'd usually just go with my instinct at this point, but they're both pretty exciting. Maybe I'll wait and see what Marie Marina picks.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Spoony_Tech

Be seeing flight on the battlefield but will you be seeing me?!?!

Think I need as much stealth gear as I can get before this Splatfest!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic