Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 5,014

silentium

Is anyone playing Salmon Run or wants to play league right now?

silentium

GoldenGamer88

So I was super duper proud to have finally amassed enough chunks to install the right abilities into my sunglasses. First Special Power Up, then Ink Saver (Main). My plan was to have a second Ink Saver (Main) in the third sub but then Murch asked 20 instead of 10 Chunks from me. But now I wonder if having that second Ink Saver (Main) in another piece of gear as opposed to having it in said sunglasses is making a difference. I mean, there's gotta be a reason for why it costs so much more to have two of the same ability installed in one gear piece. Thoughts?

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

silentium

I do not know if there is a difference between spreading the abilities across items. Is there even a difference between having an ability as Main or as an added slot-ability?

I do know however, that the first added ability costs 10 chunks, the second 20 and the third 30.

silentium

Nicolai

@GoldenGamer88 To make it harder for people to run a single ability exclusively. Getting that 5 Swim Speed + Ninja Squid combo can't come easy!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

GoldenGamer88

@Nicolai So is there now a difference between having a headwear with two Ink Saver Main and having two different pieces of gear with one Ink Saver Main each?

@silentium Figured as much. Also, sub abilities give half the boost of a main ability. So in my case, I could've simply gone with a Ink Saver Main Main ability as opposed to having two subs of that ability.

Nicolai

@GoldenGamer88 There shouldn't be, not to my knowledge.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

GoldenGamer88

@Nicolai Okay then, thanks.

NaviAndMii

Oooo...this is new knowledge for me! So, just so I get this right in my head, Murch will ask for 10 ability chunks in exchange for a certain ability - if you want that same ability again, it'll cost you 20 ability chunks? ..but if you want a different ability (that you haven't added before) that'll cost just 10 again?

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii The first copy of a sub ability on a particular piece of gear costs 10 chunks, a second of the same costs 20, and a third costs 30. So you want to build your set in such a way as to avoid the higher prices if possible.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Shouldn't be too much of a problem for me...I've scribbled down a few notes based on what you guys have recommended - and tried to tailor what I'm after based on my weapon/sub/special of choice - and I seem to have a nice spread of abilities, perhaps leaning towards getting 2x Ink Saver (Main)...is it best to put them on two different items of clothing then? That'd save me 10 ability chunks, right? (Thanks again by the way! )

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii Right. You only seem to get the markup if the ability you're adding is on that gear already. What I'm generally looking to do myself is pick three abilities, and have one sub of each of those on each piece of gear. Although I have a few different sets in mind and they're not all like that.

(All this talk about it, and I still don't even have 10 of anything yet...)

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Haha! Me either! I've got my dream outfit+abilities in mind - set a goal - and I'm just grinding Turf Wars wearing certain brands of clothing to give me the best possible chance of getting them! ..so far I've lucked out on one of my preferred items of clothing (it rolled abilities that I'm after in all 3 slots!) - so I'm just working towards filling the other two - but I'm still way off! ..I'm wearing head-to-toe Splash Mob at the minute trying to roll Ink Saver (Main) 20 times - 5 down, 15 to go! ..and I've only managed to get 1 or 2 chunks towards the others! ..still a lot more grinding ahead of me! ..then I'll get to work on grinding for a second outfit for a different style of weapon!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Blue_Blur

Had an awesome Rainmaker match earlier today. It was in Starfish Mainstage, and the other managed to get only one point away from a knockout within the first 45 seconds of the match... way to go team. We managed to push them back and move the Rainmaker towards their side, but we never got much farther than just off the center platform for a few minutes. When it was obvious we weren't going to progress that way, I decided to take the side path, and much to my surprise, the Rainmaker was right by the upper path of the other team's side, with the shield already gone! No one else was around, so I decided to go for it. Only a sniper tried to get me at the very end, but I made it to get a knockout! That was a S ranked match, so I was surprised that no one was nearby... I guess they were too busy fighting my teammates! I feel bad for the other team, though... those type of matches are always the worst to lose, after being so close!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Namco

Haha I had a very similar Rainmaker match. There was an intense battle going on at our base and it didn't look good. I decided to go ''yolo'' and went straight for the rainmaker after the enemy destroyed its shield. They should've payed more attention because I somehow managed to make it all across the map to their base carrying the rainmaker. I imagine the surprised expression on their faces.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

GoldenGamer88

Alright, got my sunglasses (with Last Ditch-Effort, and, according to Inkipedia, are the most expensive piece of gear) now with the afromentioned Special Power-Up, Ink Saver (Main) and Swim Speed Up. I also noticed that my hoodie with Ninja Squid had two out of three needed Abilities (Run Speed Up and Ink Recovery Up) so I added the second Ink Saver (Main) to that. Now all left to do is grind Ink Recovery Up and Swim Speed Up and then I might be able to actually accumulate some cash.

Generally, I only 'farm' one gear piece (AKA level up the sub abilities and then scrub them for 20,000G) as it's so darn expensive and doing so guarantees you always gain a bit of money instead of losing it.

JasmineDragon

@ThatNyteDaez Woot woot, I finally managed to join an NLer in some matches! I lost you when they switched maps, but it was fun while it lasted. For the record, this is the first time I've ever played online with someone from NL.

(I'm NL Miah, by the way).

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Namco

Untitled

Even though I'm part of the losing team I still got more points than Popiz... I feel like I've been carrying teams all day. Though in their defense two rollers and a long range sniper rifle don't really go along (Btw does anyone know where [NG] stands for?)

For the record I changed my ingame name to Navi [NL] My usual/main clothing make it look like I'm enlisted to the Navy. But I still wanted my name to be Nintendo related. Also Navi was my first username in 2012.

Spoony_Tech

@Sir_Anthony To get a score like that you have to have the other team at least competent. Otherwise you end up holding the other team deep in there own end with not much to ink. I'm usually first on my team in 90% of my turf war matches with similar scores for either losses or wins. Sometimes it's easier to get more points on losses tbh.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Namco

@NaviAndMii Haha I also considered the possible confusion. That's why I thought it would be wise to mention I changed my username (yet again...)

@Spoony_Tech True, I know I was constantly painting during this match. Like, I just painted this area but a moment later when I turn around I have to redo it because the enemy got hold of it again

Edited on by Namco

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic