Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 5,014

OorWullie

Seeing Splatoon 2 sitting alongside MK8D, ARMS and BOTW on my console makes me really happy. For a console I've only had for 2 weeks and one that's only been out for 4 months it's crazy to have all those games on the system already . To think Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and Mario & Rabbids will join this line-up up by the end of the year ,then Yoshi, Kirby and eventually Metroid,it doesn't get any better than that for a gamer with my tastes. That's only what we know about too. I honestly couldn't be happier with the Switch.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie Did you change your Switch name? Can't seem to find you on my friends list anymore.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shani

shani wrote:

@Maxz @OorWullie Maybe it just matches you with players closest to you based on your IP?

Another indication that this might be the case: you barely find anyone to play with at night. I just had a 2vs3 match of Turf War which ended with a communication error.
But even during daytime the matchmaking seems to take ages sometimes.

This all but confirms that matchmaking is regional now, which is a step backwards in my opinion. I want to play against players from around the world, not have the game to search for European players when there aren't enough of them online.

Instead, the lobby should offer 'global' and 'regional' just as MK8 does. This way anyone who wants to play regional still can.

In the first three days alone I had more instances were the counter in the lobby ran out than I had in the original Splatoon after 650 hours of playtime. They can't leave it like that, it should definitely be fixed...

Btw here is a chart with the gear brands and their respective abilities (although it's odd that Cold-blooded is listed twice): https://rankedboost.com/splatoon-2/abilities/

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

I can't stop playing this game. It's ridiculous. I expected to like Zelda better than Splatoon 2, but that is definitely not the case. This game is borderline worth buying a Switch for, even if you buy nothing else.

Totally agree on that. I bought several other games as well, but Splatoon is definitely a systemseller for me.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The problem for me is this is the type game that keeps me from my other games.

Haha I know that feeling. ^^ Splatoon 1 did exactly that for me, I barely played any other games anymore (except for football manager maybe).

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Maxz

@shani I'd support a Global/Regional toggle as well. I mean, I know some people were complaining about not being able to read names and (much more substantially) connection problems/lag, but I rarely had much trouble in the original game (and when I did I'm not sure if it was specifically with Japanese players).

I like the idea of being able to play with people around the world. It's one of the most exciting things about the internet, and the reason why MK8 used the Earth as its actual backdrop for online play. I didn't want to grumble too loudly, as I think some people have been wanting Region based play since the original, but it does leave me a little sad that I can't go onto Ranked mode and play with people from the home of Splatoon.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

OorWullie

If it is indeed region based matchmaking then I guess I'm lucky where I am as there'll always be plenty Japanese players online,even during the night.I'm also getting a decent mix of non Japanese names though including many western sounding ones.There's a lot of westerners living in Asia of course and I could also be getting matched with Australian/New Zealand players,

Surely they can't just be matching Europeans with each other though?There's nowhere near enough Switch's in Europe to keep the lobby's active.Europe and NA being matched with each other I'd understand.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

shani

@Maxz Yeah exactly, I always loved that idea of playing with/against people from the whole globe as well and especially with people from where Splatoon comes from (and is the most successful).
I never had any problems against east-asian players, but of course I also read all those complaints in the past.
That's why I think the MK8-solution would be best for everyone, giving players a choice.

@OorWullie Exactly my thinking, there aren't enough Switches here (yet?). It's definitely noticeable how the matchmaking takes longer on average (or is unsuccessful) and the only reasonable explanation would be regional.
Just as a comparison: During the mostly regional Splatfests in Splatoon 1, matchmaking at night also took longer or was unsuccessful at times.

Maybe you're just 'lucky' to be sitting in a matchmaking sweet spot (maybe even JP, AU and NA)?

I think in any online multiplayer game it's important that you don't have to wait too long until the match starts. Or at least not as long as the match itself would go.
That's what was always so great about Splatoon 1 and also Mario Kart Wii and 8: you could just head into online mode anytime and could play almost immediately.

And now it's really time for me to go to bed. ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Some great games we got in tonight! Man, those were some good matches

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH Not just me, there was at least 2 other NL members and another one of my friends. My nerves are racked right now going up against you guys!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
I recognized Blue Blur. But ya those were some gritty, down to the wire matches. We did well on the same team too. But always a fight to the bitter end either way

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Blue_Blur

I'm done for the night. Great games everyone! Fun as always!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

JaxonH

@Nicolai
I didn't recognize you. Spoony_Tech has a name that stands out though.

Ya I had a blast playing tonight! Every match was so intense, and win or lose it was always fun.

Spoony_Tech

@Nicolai Trust me, I didn't forget getting shot in the back dozens of times lol. Oh and in the face quite a few times as well. You all out range me so I was just trying to ink turf in peace but you wouldn't let me!

MERG said:

Nicolai

@Spoony_Tech Any Bad Guy inking is an enemy of the Good Guys! Turf War is the mode where harmless splatless inking can turn the tide of battle. Any mode, really, but especially Turf War. But I got splatted by all of y'all at some point.

Yeah, so far it's always at another level whenever NL members are involved. We had some great matches. Can't wait till I level up enough for the tri-slosher, I miss how much ink that spreads. The dualies come pretty close, though!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Yasaal

Anyone up for Salmon run in 3-4 hrs? Add me through my friend code if you have to. This new mode is great.

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@shani Well it could be that Nintendo's really treating this year as a trial period and the online experience you expect becomes reality when the paid subscription goes live next year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

So I think matchmaking is regional. Which means being in the weakest Nintendo market kiiinda sucks...

Also mwans I barely have anyone to play with in general. What a weird decision. Ateast my connection has been spotless I guess.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

shani

@BLP_Software Ah so you noticed it too? During specific times or all day?

@Grumblevolcano Well let's hope you're right.
Although I believe something basic like regional/global like in MK should be possible regardless of the subscription service.

Haruki_NLI

@shani All day. But im in the UK. It can take quite a while for the last few people to show up.

And the later in the day it gets the worse it gets. I've had many not enough users messages throughout all times of day.

Dont know why theyve dine this. Its screws their EU users over since there are very few of us

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic