Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 5,014

Haruki_NLI

Seeing the sales for Splatoon 2 no wonder lobbies are dead half the time.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nicolai

shani wrote:

I think in any online multiplayer game it's important that you don't have to wait too long until the match starts. Or at least not as long as the match itself would go.

I've always secretly wished there were longer times to cool down between matches. Sure, there's always the option of quitting and coming back, but when friends have joined you, or if you're on a roll with your squad, it's hard to leave that.

@Dev I caught a bit of dialogue about sampling a foghorn that indicates that Marina mixes her own tracks.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haruki_NLI

@shani 28000 estinated UK sales. Probably looking at 250k across the EU then. If that.

No wonder its half dead. Thats sad. I want to play the game more but theres no one to go with

mav-i-am

I have not bought the game due to lack of split screen multiplayer.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

chardir

@BLP_Software What modes are you having trouble with? I'm in the UK and finding games are filling in reasonable time.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Haruki_NLI

@chardir Turf War. Salmon Run is okay, but Turf War is the worst

chriiiiiiiiiis

If matchmaking is regional then I guess Australia is apart of Japan. I've had basically zero waiting time since getting Splatoon 2 and outside dropping out of matches which happened a lot today for some reason, I've had no problems at all.

chriiiiiiiiiis

Nicolai

Woooow, ranked mode is kicking my butt. Still at C-.

My Rank meter just cracked... Is there something worse than C-?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Spoony_Tech

@Nicolai I got killed on my first match but won the second and quit. I'll have to give it another go today when I'm more awake. Since I lost my first match I can say I lost no points and didn't go back to worse then c-.

@EdJericho Didn't even realize you were also NL. You kicked my butt quite a few times there and I was wondering who you were but glad when you were on my team lol.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Maxz

How does the Ranked system actually work? I've seen a crack appear, but haven't pushed it to breaking point? What happens I pin crackage? Do you get reset to the 'okay' line?

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

@Nicolai I literally can't win in that mode, either. I feel like I've been doing pretty good, so I don't know if I keep getting put on bad teams or what.

KirbyTheVampire

Haruki_NLI

A lot of newbies especially here in the UK treat it like Team Deathmatch. If neither side seems to be progressing there is probably a reason...

Maxz

@KirbyTheVampire There's an adage in cycling that goes, "either you're up against a headwind or you're having a good day". In other words, you never actually feel a tailwind; it just feels like you're going extra fast.

I think matchmaking can be a bit like that in Splatoon. Being in a good team enables you to play extra well; your team will generally have better control of the map which will make it easier to play dominantly, and less likely to repeatedly find yourself up to your knees in enemy ink with three opponents baring down on you. When you're matched on a good team, it feels like victory was all down to your excellent play and you don't even notice, but when you're on a bad team, it's very, very obvious.

Still, I think matchmaking is particularly awkward in the lower ranks at the moment, as it's where all the S rank players from the last game are dumped until they work their way out. You could end up on a team of all S players, or a bunch of people who've never touched the game before. Hopefully things should iron themselves out soon.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

KirbyTheVampire

@Maxz Yeah, that's probably true, as is the part about the matchmaking. It does seem like there's a lot of people who are really good, and other people who have newbie written all over them.

KirbyTheVampire

Zyrac

@Maxz Very true and something everyone needs to keep in mind. Nothing holds a player back like insisting they always get bad teammates. That's just statistically impossible. If you are actually good, you will naturally make progress over time, even if you do sometimes lose through no fault of your own. It just takes a bit of patience.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Maxz

@KirbyTheVampire It's definitely awkward, especially as a lot of the earlier adopters to the game are likely to be particularly keen players from the original. There's an awful lot of nuance to each of the three game modes, and experienced players have pretty big advantage.

Maybe in a few days C- will look like C- should, rather than the complete free-for-all it is now.

The ranking system seems to be able to shift you up multiple ranks at a time (if you play particularly well), and I wonder if that's to try and speed up the whole process of people finding their suitable rank.

In the meantime, I suppose you can either slog it out, as some cost to your self-confidence, or play other bits of the game until things settle down.

I can't really think of a better solution to C- starting out as a very mixed bag (apart from maybe somehow linking your data from the original game) but I do feel for the new players who are getting thrown in the deep end with the battle hardened salty squids of yesteryear.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Blue_Blur

@EdJericho - The room was mostly NL members, but there were still a few names in the room that I didn't recognize. Surprisingly no one quit for quite a few matches, which is probably why you couldn't join...

And yeah, go Team Ketchup!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Maxz

@Zyrac It's definitely something I need to remind myself once in a while. There's only so long I can go on blaming Lady Luck before I have to look at my own play.

That's not to say you can't have unlucky streaks (as well as lucky streaks), but as you stay, statistically it should all even out in the long run.

What Splatoon 2 does seem to do better than the original is design the map to make the whole experience feel less frustrating, even in defeat. It seems much harder to spawn trap opponents, and the map size seems tight enough to not give one team an insurmountable advantage in general map dominance. It feels more possible to turn things around through good play, rather than feeling hopelessly pinned down after a certain point. I remember certain maps in the original were very hard to come back on if you were on the back foot.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Samus7Killer

is it true the app is only for private match?

and when you join a friend it's random playing with and playing against?

i wanna play w/ fwends on the same team, not against.

Samus7Killer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic