Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 2,232

NEStalgia

@Trajan yeah that's the stuff! And was it not a fuzzy mess like the NES filters? I had a Zenith and a.....heck....I don't remember the brand. Not sure they still exist. And later, a GE. Somehow my NES ate TVs. Then again they were 1970's leftover TVs The one had a "Color Chroma" button on it because adding color was a special feature not for everyone's taste

NEStalgia

Trajan

@NEStalgia No, just going off memory though. GC looks worse than I remember too, but then again thats on a modern tv. I don't remember NES looking that bad. Looks closer to just plain 4:3 tbh. SNES classic with CRT looks exactly like it did.

Hell, I even had my Xbox hooked up to that Zenith. I was one of the 5 people that bought the RF converter for it.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

HobbitGamer

I miss the clicking of those dials. Sometimes I wish my pickup had one of the old radios, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

To be honest, the CRT filter looks pretty accurate to me. That said, I don't use it often because playing NES games too long with the CRT filter on makes my eyes water something fierce.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Trajan

If I sign up during my free trial does it take effect immediately, or at the end of the trial?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

FaeKnight

That, I'm not sure. I'd assume it kicks in at the end of the free trial though. I just bought a 3 month sub from the get go. Would have been 1 year, but impulse buys meant I didn't quite have enough for that.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

The trial runs its course. Same thing if you’ve got an existing sub and add to it. You can actually drop $60 and set up 3 years if you really felt like it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Alantor28

HobbitGamer wrote:

The trial runs its course. Same thing if you’ve got an existing sub and add to it. You can actually drop $60 and set up 3 years if you really felt like it.

Really? That's really neat! But will I get in trouble if I use any $20 eShop cards to renew my NSO subscription if I do that?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

HobbitGamer

@Alantor28 Nope! That’s how I set my friend’s up. Inadvertently, actually. I had put my card on her system and signed her 1 year as a birthday present. Then I took it off after “purchase”. It turns out that the charge didn’t go through until a couple days later, and with the card no longer on the system, it took the $20 from her eShop cred. So I just got her another $20 card, haha.

#MudStrongs

Rutta

Anyone actually enjoying the nes games that come with it? All seem tedious and boring to me in this day and age.

Poor selection of online multiplayer games along wit these poor nes games make this subscription a rip off.

Rutta

HobbitGamer

Or months before it came out; “I wish Nintendo had a Netflix type service so we didn’t have to buy the individual games again!”

I’m enjoying it. I still play Tecmo or Super Dodgeball a few times a week.

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

The way it's done matters. Like I'm pretty sure more people would be satisified with this approach if say it had SNES, N64, GC, etc.

NES only would've always been a bad concept, it's just an even worse concept because over the past 12 years Nintendo have already proven they can do better (Wii having NES, SNES, N64, TG16, Mega Drive; 3DS having NES and GB; Wii U having NES and SNES).

Also Xbox Game Pass will have made people realize the best approach (allow you to choose between subscription or buying games separately).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see January. Did they say when WiiU eShop is going down? Other than N3ds that’s the only thing with SNES games.

#MudStrongs

the_shpydar

ReaderRagfish wrote:

The funny thing is, just a few years ago NES games were widely regarded as legendary, timeless classics that everyone loved.

And now, everyone's going "Ugh, NES sucks!"

Seriously.
It just proves that what i've always said is true:
Humans are idiots.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Maxz

Thing is, there’s only so many times you can furnish someone’s library with the same book.

Not gonna deny that humans are prone to idiocy. But I don’t think this is a great illustrative example.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Maxz
It's a WONDERFUL example, dude. Literally this is EXACTLY what people have wanted from Nintendo on the Switch for years (or not exactly, my bad - they want access to everything for free). And how soon do we forget the NES Classic fiasco, with people threatening violence and stuff toward Nintendo because they couldn't get their hands on a machine that includes a bunch of the same exact games that are being offered right now.

People are idiots. The internet makes it worse. Nobody is ever happy. Period.

That being said, I don't give a butterfly's fart about it. I'm not paying for Nintendo's online until it has something I want. But I'm not backwards enough to complain about something that's not being forced on me.

rallydefault

Therad

kkslider5552000 wrote:

it's almost like less people play the exact same online when it costs money or something, no one could have foreseen this

And no one is surprised.

And this effect is actually true for the other consoles as well, it is just hidden because they added it in the beginning of a new console. A bigger pool of people makes matchmaking better.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic