Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,232

kkslider5552000

I'll just say, it'll be interesting to see the success of current and future first party games that have any real emphasis on online play.

Ignoring my hopelessly idealistic world of free online across all gaming consoles, my hope is just that Nintendo is forced to improve based on this. It's the only other reason I want this to fail, because if it succeeds, Nintendo will have no reason to ever improve their online.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Smash is next but Smash's online service in the past has been below average at best.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

Yosheel wrote:

I didn't play much online to begin with so don't blame me

This is actually exactly the problem. A lot of people probably played online very occasionally. On an individual basis, not enough to warrant the 20 bucks to play online. But all these individuals together probably form a relatively big part of Nintendo's online gaming presence.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

rallydefault

Like I said, I don't have the online yet and I don't plan on getting it any time soon. That being said, I do think Smash will move the needle quite a bit.

And I'm probably behind on this, but will the Pokemon Go games require the internet for anything? If so, I can see those having a big effect, as well.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault Trading and battling with online friends, as far as we know there's no battle matchmaking or GTS.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Trajan

Saw a video about how hard Double Dragon was, thought to myself "I think that's on the NES online" sure enough it is. And sure enough it's pretty hard.

Anyone want to co-op it with me?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Toy_Link

Does anyone know when November’s NES games will be released?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Jimez

@Mrtoad Probably on Thursday when the eShop updates

Been meaning to replay Metroid for some time.

Jimez

3dg3d3m0n

Paid my 20 quid the day it came out, only used it twice since then. Considering how cheap it was its a no brainier, it is there whenever I want to use it....

3dg3d3m0n

Grumblevolcano

We have a release date now for the November games, 14th November.

Grumblevolcano

forge002

I have just subbed for the Online service and fair play i really enjoy having access to the NES games. For me personally i find it great, at first when it was announced i was like most people, in that i dismissed the idea of having access to NES games as they have been played to death but then i realised i have not actually brought any of these NES games since the NES itself, not on Wii or Wii U, so having access to them is brilliant fun.

Though i have noticed that i have major sound issues with them though whereby the sound occasionally stops, is anyone else experiencing this?

forge002

Switch Friend Code: SW-6498-4067-9009

Xaritah

I'm curious, can you guys do like a poll asking which service each of us bought, for example i bought thr 3 months one, i wanted to see if i use it enough to justify the one year subscription

Xaritah

HobbitGamer

@Xaritah How would a poll of the length purchased help you to justify your own use?
Nintendo said half of sub purchases were 12-month

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Xaritah

@HobbitGamer no, you got me wrong, it was just out of curiosity, since they didin't reveal the numbers, we could do a mini survey here 😂

Xaritah

HobbitGamer

@Xaritah Oooooh, okay! That definitely makes much more sense
FWIW, I bought 12 month. Once they announce that as an option, I knew that's what I was getting.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Xaritah

@HobbitGamer in my case for exemple i never use the nes games, tried it once for 5 min, never touched it again, and i don't play online that much, but then again i am only playing xenoblade, so it might change when pokemon comes next week

Xaritah

Grumblevolcano

This month's NES games are out now:
Gradius (special version)
Metroid
Mighty Bomb Jack
TwinBee

Grumblevolcano

SmilingDonkey

What have they added to Gradius? Just enabled the Konami cheat by default?

SmilingDonkey

Nintendo Network ID: Clacko

FX102A

Was reminded about this by a Youtube video this morning, although the cloud saves remain the only viable reason to get it (even if I feel forced into it).

One thing i haven’t heard about yet is the “Exclusive Offers”. So does this result in increases sale proces on the eShop or something?

FX102A

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic