Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,232 of 2,232

skywake

WiiWareWave wrote:

@Fizza I guarantee games will be cross-gen on NSO at least on consoles supported on both generations of hardware, but Gamecube, Wii, DS, 3DS, and maybe Saturn/Dreamcast might be Switch 2 exclusive. I also think we'll see Gen 1, 2, and 3 of Pokemon announced for NSO next month alongside a massive selection of N64, GB/GBC, and GBA games in a new roadmap including plenty of third party additions.

Interestingly the Switch as it is can definitely handle pretty much all of these. Saturn I'm a bit less sure of but Dreamcast emulation is lighter than N64 and there are already games on Switch which are basically just GC/Wii games emulated with different controls. Eg Pikmin, 3D All Stars. Also while we're here... Master System? Game Gear? Sega CD? Also space for those

Maybe they do lock them behind Switch 2. I can see some argument for that. For example storage might be less of an issue on new hardware so Wii era stuff especially that might be a factor. But I think there's space for expanding NSO even without new hardware

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

I think NSO will delve more into the 99 and DLC side of things rather than add more systems.

• No Mega Drive games have been added since June so I'd guess that's it for SEGA supporting NSO
  • GCN/Wii/Wii U got ports/remasters
  • Need 2 screens for DS/3DS NSO to work and Nintendo have been starting to delve into remasters/remakes for those systems

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@WiiWareWave Right, that as well. Sega did want Sonic 3 to be a much larger game, but they had to split it into two parts, with Sonic & Knuckles being part two and being a lock-on cartridge. That was the first thing I thought of since I've always been more into platformers than RPGs, lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

GameOtaku

@Grumblevolcano
We already have DS games on switch (etrian odyssey, Megaman ZX) and they’ve been reworked to have multiple screens.

GameOtaku

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think NSO will delve more into the 99 and DLC side of things rather than add more systems.

....why?

Nintendo hasn't bothered to add more than 3 DLC to Expansion Pass in more than 2 years (one of them being Splatoon 2, thus showing Nintendo could add older DLC and just isn't), and the time and resources spent to make one 99 game could probably be used to make quite a few ports instead.

Also I'd be mad if you're right, since the tiny fraction of N64 games on NSO are almost entirely games you could play on Virtual Console in the past. There was literally an entire list on this site TODAY of all the N64 games not on NSO, and there were games I want they didn't even mention. I can't tell you how disappointed and frustrated I'd be if after finally getting to VC levels, they just decided "well our work is done".

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FishyS

In terms of a new console, maybe NSO will have some Switch 2 - exclusive game trials. They really could be doing a lot more with game trials than they currently are.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

kkslider5552000

I am equally happy about the Rare games as I am mad about Twitter getting both Diddy Kong Racing and Mother 3 trending. How dare they raise my hopes.

Fizza

In light of Mother 3 coming to NSO (in Japan at least), I've been going through some of Shigesato Itoi's recent tweets to see what he has to say on the matter and this one in particular immediately caught my attention:

Translation:
QUOTED TWEET: ''I hope there will be an English version someday 🙏🥲''
ITOI: ''talk to Nintendo about [getting Mother 3 localized], not me''
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Honestly NSO made it clear years ago that Mother 3 wasn't coming out until it came out in Japan, and that had no chance of happening until GBA was added, so I've not expected there to be any future for Mother 3 being localized until today.

And by this point its been so long that until it happens, I don't care. It should happen, Mother 3 having no official release outside of Japan despite being a 17 year old game is deeply unfair, but "2006 GBA game" and "end of 2015 Wii U re-release" was never gonna become a big hit here either way so I kinda get it. I hate it but I get it. As long as Nintendo doesn't do the dumbest thing ever (not carry over all of NSO to the next system), it'll happen someday.

kkslider5552000

Updates like these are made for me specifically and I'm here for it. I honestly never even thought of these games for NSO, especially Extreme G which I just assumed would either die in obscurity or be re-released in a collection.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic