Forums

Topic: Nintendo Labo

Posts 241 to 260 of 398

Haruki_NLI

@Kimyonaakuma Now you too can be Hestu.

Be united in your exposure. Nekky nokky nekky. You are NEKKID!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

They're going to release an NES pack at some point, right? With a cardboard Zapper, Power Glove and ROB.

Octane

Agriculture

Spanjard wrote:

@Agriculture You’re forgetting about the software. They could even release updates/dlc for these games. I seriously don’t know how you can hold the thought in your head that this is low effort. There’s been a lot of creative thinking involved in all this, not to mention the execution, which is also brilliant.

It's a good idea, but it's executed with low effort. Once the robot is built it's basically just a shell for the joycons. Nintendo has even said themselves that all of the Labo games will be fully playable without the card board. High effort would be if they make it possible to create unique things out of card board, such as in the game Incredibots.

I'm also wondering if they will ever release a Switch board game that makes use of it's many features.

Agriculture

Octane

@Agriculture How does that work? None of the games they've showed so far seem to be playable without the cardboard.

Octane

Azooooz

Imagine if 3rd Party developers make peripherals based on the ideas of Nintendo Labo...

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Kimyonaakuma

@YummyHappyPills Haha exactly!

An announcement for this would be the best part of E3, especially if they include a full cardboard Hestu costume 🎼

Kimyonaakuma

Agriculture

Octane wrote:

@Agriculture How does that work? None of the games they've showed so far seem to be playable without the cardboard.

The robot game can be played by just holding the joycons regularly. I'm guessing the keyboard game will work with a controller, or by "air typing" the keystrokes that then get read by the IR sensor. The only game I don't think can work is the remote controlled joycon card board.

Agriculture

Namco

Nintendo priorities be like:

An update that adds media apps, a better solution to online voice chat, customizable themes, virtual console games, more third party support, a joy-con with a d-pad, < < < Cardboard gimmicks!!!

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Dr_Bandicoot

Agriculture wrote:

I think it's too low effort. After the cardboard has been assembled, it's just single purpose toys. So the difference between this and an r/c car is that you (usually) don't get to assemble the r/c car.

It's a shame, because had they put more effort in, it could have been way more interesting. Maybe they could have partnered with Lego and made special legos that could be tracked by the IR sensor, that would have had a lot more potential.

You wouldn't need special Legos for that, normal Legos would work if that were the case.

plastic isn't the better choice for this particular game, the point of the game is to build your own accessories. I want it. Besides, you know how cheap cardboard is to replace, once you build it the first time, you can easily learn to cut and glue your own replacement. Do you know how expensive it would be to produce plastic toys, not to mention they would be a pain to build.

Sir_Anthony since when do we ever need media apps for the Nintendo Switch when our televisions have that all on their own?

Also, this "better solution to online voicechat" would require Nintendo allowing pedos to communicate with minors

Edited on by Dr_Bandicoot

Dr_Bandicoot

TOUGHDUDE94

@Dr_Bandicoot background cheaks or limiting kids fetures i can not spell today or they should put a camera on it with facal scan too and nintendo always lisnening too the chats

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

spizzamarozzi

Dr_Bandicoot wrote:

Sir_Anthony since when do we ever need media apps for the Nintendo Switch when our televisions have that all on their own?

gotta love this classic thinking, assuming that just because you have something everybody else in the world has it. BTW, who the hell needs a cardboard piano when all our houses come with an actual piano already?

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

skywake

Agriculture wrote:

Octane wrote:

The robot game can be played by just holding the joycons regularly. I'm guessing the keyboard game will work with a controller, or by "air typing" the keystrokes that then get read by the IR sensor. The only game I don't think can work is the remote controlled joycon card board.

So you said that Nintendo has "confirmed" they are playable without the ToyCons and then go on to just guess? You're making it up and in addition to that what you're saying isn't accurate.

The Robot ToyCon can't be replicated with just JoyCon. If you actually look at the trailer you will notice that there are only two JoyCon in the entire thing. One on the visor that tracks head movement and another in the backpack which tracks the relative extension of each limb and body movement. And these aren't just educated guesses on my part, it's pretty obvious that's exactly how it works

Untitled

I don't know, I think your posts in this thread are in generally "too low effort"

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Agriculture

skywake wrote:

Here is what i read: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_confirms_it...

"IGN France confirmed that Labo Kits won’t actually be required to play Labo games, the cartridge or download will be all that you need. Cardboard design patterns for the various games will freely be provided online, meaning that you can replace or build parts with just about any material, provided you’re crafty enough."

You can interpret this three ways:
1. All of the games will be playable with just a normal controller using it's analog sticks and buttons, you don't need any card board
2. All of the games can be played without any card board, by utilizing the joycons in other ways, such as by holding them or placing them on a table.
3. You can make your own card board, you don't need OUR card board.

With the exception of the remote controlled joycon in card board, I think they mean 1 and 2. The robot game would work just fine with regular motion controls, with the only exception that head tracking would be off. I also don't see why you get so worked up over this, it's just a kids toy and usually the kid don't care about it the next year.

Agriculture

Anti-Matter

Agriculture wrote:

skywake wrote:

Here is what i read: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_confirms_it...

"IGN France confirmed that Labo Kits won’t actually be required to play Labo games, the cartridge or download will be all that you need. Cardboard design patterns for the various games will freely be provided online, meaning that you can replace or build parts with just about any material, provided you’re crafty enough."

You can interpret this three ways:
1. All of the games will be playable with just a normal controller using it's analog sticks and buttons, you don't need any card board
2. All of the games can be played without any card board, by utilizing the joycons in other ways, such as by holding them or placing them on a table.
3. You can make your own card board, you don't need OUR card board.

With the exception of the remote controlled joycon in card board, I think they mean 1 and 2. The robot game would work just fine with regular motion controls, with the only exception that head tracking would be off. I also don't see why you get so worked up over this, it's just a kids toy and usually the kid don't care about it the next year.

Ah, glad to hear.
So, if i can play it normally, it will concince peoples to buy.
Anyway, my imaginations and curiosity still in my head about Toy Cons.

Anti-Matter

Eel

That literally says "you don't need the kits because you can make the toys yourself".

In other words, you can just buy the software and provide your own cardboard as long as you have a pattern to follow and the materials to make them yourself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Agriculture

Anti-Matter wrote:

Ah, glad to hear.
So, if i can play it normally, it will concince peoples to buy.
Anyway, my imaginations and curiosity still in my head about Toy Cons.

Yeah, it's good if games can be played normally because it's what a lot of people want.

I've also been thinking since the Switch came what I want them to do with all those sensors. What I would love to see is some kind of board game that interacted with the console. So you can have characters on a board and move them around, but the console tracks stats of the characters.

Agriculture

darkfenrir

To be honest, searching around for the "Labo template will be up for free!" seems to be a lie since I can't find any trace of it anymore in other sites, except nintendolife so... might want to take that with a grain of salt. Unless you are saying that the "free" isn't free from nintendo themselves, then yeah, that template probably will appear quite fast.

darkfenrir

Agriculture

Meowpheel wrote:

That literally says "you don't need the kits because you can make the toys yourself".

In other words, you can just buy the software and provide your own cardboard as long as you have a pattern to follow and the materials to make them yourself.

We'll see when it comes out. They would take a giant risk if that robot game couldn't be played in some other way.

Agriculture

Sorry, this topic has been locked.