Forums

Topic: Nintendo Labo

Posts 381 to 398 of 398

chardir

Is there a UK equivalent of the US Labo spares service? (https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat960195)

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Aozz101x

Nintendo Labo 3rd Kid has been reveal and its Vehicles.
https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-labo-vehicle-kit-reve...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

RR529

I almost really want to pick up a Labo set, but I have no idea where I'd (safely) be able to store the constructs, and I'd worry that our puppy would somehow tear something up (he's recently ripped both a soda can & a hard plastic cup to shreds...).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

Matthew010 wrote:

Can someone explain how you can neatly store all the Variety Kit "Toy-Con"?

Easy.
Put them inside Doraemon's Magical Pocket.

Just kidding.
Prepare some empty spaces to place your Toy Cons, make sure clean them regularly every weekend to remove the dusts.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Put your Toy Cons on the Top of shelf, cover them to prevent catching dusts.

Anti-Matter

yokokazuo

So I have a question about the piano Toy-con.
Aside from the cardboard, what else is needed for it?
I’m thinking of ordering just the piano cardboard pack + the accessory set since I believe that will be needed. https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColo...
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColo...

I’m really wanting to play Deemo with it and depending on the price and if anything more is needed or not I may get the car set to try with Mario Kart.
Also is there a video of the guide for making the piano set somewhere?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

HobbitGamer

Anyone else bought and put together the Labo 3 Vehicle Kit yet? I grabbed the one copy shipped to my town on Friday and put it together that night and Saturday. I've just tooled around in Adventure Mode a little so far, but there's so much stuff to do. The Custom Controls section is neat in what all can be mapped to a controller. I'm currently working on a setup that lets me use a single joycon and auto-switches what vehicle i'm driving. Though somehow I made a node that plays a cat meow everytime i turn left and I can't find what other node i stacked it under. (I was tired!!)

@yokokazuo That's all you need for materials, yes. But FYI, the Deemo patch isn't out yet.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

chagrined

I pre-ordered mine and picked it up Friday, but I have been sick all weekend so I've only built the pedal/key/car so far and haven't explored adventure mode very much. I'm really impressed with the build quality & ingenius design behind the toy cons as usual though.

I poked through all the new garage & custom control stuff though and yeah, wow, they added so much! I already saw someone who made a bullet hell type obstacle dodging game using the new 2D motion light nodes. So cool.

chagrined

ralphdibny

Hello all,

I hope this doesn't count as a necro but I didn't want to create a duplicate thread.

I was wondering how, if it all, people protect and preserve their labo?

I just bought 3 of the kits and want to make sure they last and my initial idea was to sticky back plastic all of the sheets and scoring the plastic with a Stanley blade around the pop out bits before actually popping them out and building. I know this wouldn't protect the edge of them but its the easiest (if not most tedious) thing I could think of. Probably would be easier and look better than doing it after they've been popped out even though it won't protect the edges which seem like the most fragile part.

Has anyone tried this or done anything else to protect the kits?

The main things I want to protect against are sweat and general wear and tear.

I guess I am worried that the sticky back plastic would affect the games that use any shiny tape to reflect into the controller.

I don't have a 3d printer and probably won't pay someone online to 3d print the toy con for me so that idea is off the table.

Once built, I will buy a plastic box(es) to store them in to protect them in storage, just need some ideas on how to protect them during use!

See ya!

ralphdibny

The variety and vehicle kits are quite cheap on Amazon UK at the moment!

I picked up the vehicle kit and the box shows two players using steering wheels. Does this game include some sort of split screen multiplayer if you buy two kits to build? (I'm thinking of doing this because they are reasonably priced)

See ya!

chagrined

@ralphdibny A few of the games do have multiplayer modes, I think the vehicle kit was one of them. iirc there is a car fighting game where you can play 2-player and punch each other with cars. The multiplayer aspects are mostly in the side minigames though. I think for adventure mode you could do a co-op but all the other person would do is shoot a gun or something.

chagrined

ralphdibny

@chagrined fair enough, thank you for replying! I have two vehicle kits, two robot kits, a variety and a vr kit, now I just need loads of plastic boxes for storage and some free time to build and play!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

chagrined

@Octoguy wow, that's awesome! how long did it take you to put together? I'm still sad Nintendo didn't make a way for users to share their own creations with each other.

chagrined

SKTTR

Octoguy wrote:

I made a 2.5D Platformer featuring the Gen 1 Starters!

@Octoguy Nice stuff. Looks cool. Thanks for sharing!

There is no online feature to share these self-made games, is there?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Monkeido

Octoguy wrote:

I made a 2.5D Platformer featuring the Gen 1 Starters!

That's really cool! Definitely seems very nonsensical Nintendo didn't allow the sharing of awesome creations like this.

Monkeido

Anti-Matter

@Octoguy
Do you think between LABO VR and Dreams PS4 have some similarity in creating something ?

Anti-Matter

Sorry, this topic has been locked.