Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 501 to 520 of 15,874

troy258

Its a bummer but I'm glad they are honest and telling us what's going on. There are still going to be other great games so I don't think there's a problem.

troy258

TuVictus

I was expecting a 2020 release, but now I wonder if it'll be one of the Switch's late-life games. A disappointment, but at least they're honest

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Between the Prime 4 news and Smash 2.0.0 being next week, it sure feels like next week is a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I wonder if everything around the Metroid 4 Prime reboot has messed things up timing wise for the Direct. Perhaps they are delaying the rumoured Metroid Prime Trilogy and that has caused a delay for the January Direct to make alterations.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

@FragRed Honestly, if they're telling us about the Prime 4 development restarting now, it happened internally months ago. They aren't going to make an announcement like that until everything's in line and works started again, otherwise they risk the details changing. It's far more likely they timed it to be before the direct, so the direct could help people forget about it.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Yeah and that's what happened with BotW, delay announced on the Friday followed by Direct on the Wednesday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

troy258

I think the direct is likely next week but I'm wondering if other nintendo games are also suffering from delays. We already saw Yoshi and fire emblem being delayed from 2018 to 2019 and now metroid prime 4.

troy258

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I knew that sounded familiar when I was typing it, I totally forgot that happened.

link3710

troy258

@whitewatermoose any idea on what game it is, I hope it isn't pokemon, fire emblem or animal crossing.

troy258

IceClimbers

@troy258 If any game gets delayed it would probably be Bayonetta 3. Note that it would not be a public delay, only an internal one, as the game hasn't been given a release window.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

troy258

@IceClimbers I actually hope it is. Don't get me wrong I like the bayonetta series but I didn't expect 3 to come out this year. And I don't think the holdiay season is the right place to release it. If we get it in summer of 2020 I would be happy.

troy258

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose Wait, when you say Pokemon may be one of the delayed games, are you saying it won't be a 2019 game or that it may just miss the usual November release date but could, still hit December? Because a new generation Pokemon not releasing this year would be a major blow to the system at a crucial time of year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Fowlersrs

Keep the info coming....

I pray for an Fzero switch multiplayer madness.. sadly I think it's unlikely to happen..

Fowlersrs

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose I know Wave Race was teased, which I personally would love to see more than F-Zero but will depend on who's developing F-Zero (I shall do a Google to see what was teased). I figured a new 2D Metroid would be developed, it made sense. That is as long as it's not another 3DS game.

the_beaver

If Nintendo releases Metroid Prime Trilogy this year, and a 2D HD Metroid in Switch for next year developed by Mercury Steam (I think they well deserve it), the wait for the next 3D entry would be soooo much easier... Lol

the_beaver

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic