Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 481 to 500 of 15,822

ilikeike

A mini direct tomorrow honestly wouldn't feel very out of place. We already know of one big first party game for the first half of the year (Yoshi) as well as a few ports releasing around the same time like Dragon's Dogma and Final Fantasy, so I think a mini direct would be good to reveal a few more ports and release dates for one or two exclusives for the rest of spring--my bets would be Town and Fire Emblem Three Houses, releasing in April and May respectively. That would be a great way to fill out the first half of the year, making both investors and fans (relatively) happy. Bigger stuff like Pokemon and Animal Crossing will probably be saved for a bigger direct later in the year, maybe even E3.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

FragRed

I would not be surprised to see a mini Direct today, though I also would equally not be surprised if we don't get anything. Yesterday's Indie Direct felt like it was a stop gap to say "Hey look, there is stuff coming to the Switch, please remain happy" while Nintendo work out their plans for the releases of bigger games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

troy258

@ilikeike I don't know if we are getting a first-party game in April. We already get dragon's dogma, final fantasy x x-2, final fantasy 12 and mortal kombat 11 that month. And I doubt that we get Town this year, I think they are more focused on pokemon this year.

troy258

DannyBoi

What were the maintence times again? And I don't think a direcf will drop today.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Jimez

Doubt we'll see a direct this month now, early Feb i reckon.

Jimez

the_beaver

February 7th is the best date for the Direct, I've been saying it for a while. I'm quite sure about that, it makes so much sense...

And the SNES games for the Swith Online will be released the same day.

the_beaver

Grumblevolcano

No Direct today.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

I made a time zone error, a normal Direct on 30th January would be the last day. It would finish like a few hours or so before the meeting started if it happened at the normal time. Though note that the last Wednesday multi-game Direct was September 2017 (January 2018 Direct Mini, March 2018 Direct and September 2018 Direct were all Thursday)..

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Could it be that you're overthinking this?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit Aren't we all overthinking about the next Direct technically though, the longer the wait is the more desperate Nintendo fans get

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I'm not. Being obsessed with KH3 does have a few perks at least, usually I'd be right there with you. Right now, though, I don't care at all whether or not we get a direct before March or April.

link3710

the_beaver

@DannyBoi Because of many reasons.

-First, because they have nothing for February, so releasing a big Direct and the Snes games in that month would be genius.

-Second, they have more time to improve the games to show, and to be more capable of giving accurate release dates.

-Third, the next week is the investors meeting, so I really doubt it's going to happen by then. They will focus on other things that will make them happy anyway (although they may finally show that Mario Kart phone game by then).

-And fourth, to avoid having to do another Direct before E3. This way it would be only 4 months, which is more or less the same period since the last one in September. I think they want to do 3 big Directs per year, so having one in February makes more sense than in January, imo. And while we wait for them, there are the Pokemon presentation in April/May, or the TGA in December, where there are always other games showed.

I don't know, I find it reasonable.

Edited on by the_beaver

the_beaver

DannyBoi

@the_beaver Right, I see:). And do you think the next system update drops then, or sooner?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Fowlersrs

The direct could well be feb. What's to say they arnt gonna wow the directors in a meeting with them first and then release it to the big bad world

Edited on by Fowlersrs

Fowlersrs

FragRed

@Fowlersrs Wow the directors? You mean shareholders at the quarterly meeting? That wouldn’t really make much sense since all the transcripts are published and translated so we would know what’s coming out before the Direct came out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NintendoByNature

Let's face it. There will never be another direct. Nintendone 😋

NintendoByNature

troy258

Anyone who is wondering what's going on with metroid prime 4. Check nintendo's youtube account.

troy258

AndreaF96

Yeah what a bummer...

AndreaF96

1UP_MARIO

@troy258 thanks

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic