Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 341 to 360 of 645

enoch72

JaxonH wrote:

FIFA 18 Switch is fantastic. Don't care what the people with an agenda to make it look bad say. Don't care about the "popular to gang up and bash a game" culture.

The game is great. The only accusation anyone has leveled against it is "but compared to blah blah blah". That's not a sound argument. Parity is never a sound argument. People can make their own minds up which version they want. But I've noticed parity is all people talk about, because that's the only straw they can grasp.

And btw that IGN review was lol

feels too slow like last year's version

2017 FIFA review- 8.4/10 plays fantastic!

Morons... And it's not even slow. By all accounts it's faster gameplay and way quicker in the menus than other versions. Some people just have an agenda.

Which, speaking of agenda. Some people's judgement has been shown to be wildly out of touch (like when you say Switch is going to fail worse than Wii U, when anyone with half a brain could tell the opposite was going to happen- that shows a person who speaks from wishful thinking rather than proper judgement). So why anyone would care to suffer the judgement of such a person when it comes to other matters (like how good a game FIFA 18 Switch is) is beyond me. Especially when their judgement has proven to be nothing more than a personal bias to see Switch (and by extension, its games) fail, and in hopes of doing so, painting everything associated with the system in as negative a light as possible.

Very well said!!!

enoch72

electrolite77

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

@electrolite77 Go argue with Metacritic and all the sites that gave it negative reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/fifa-18/critic-reviews

They're wrong too, I presume.

Are you really unable to grasp that there's no such thing as right or wrong? No matter how gleefully you latch onto bad reviews it doesn't make them 'right'.

As far as I'm concerned, having played football computer games for 30 years and being mature enough to avoid the modern gaming obsession with comparing games across formats, yes they're wrong, But that also doesn't make them wrong. They're opinions

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

enoch72

I have a PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch......I decided to buy FIFA 18 on the Switch and don't regret that decision one bit. Being able to play FIFA in portable mode (whilst the wife watches 'Something For Nothing' on TV) is great!!! I think it looks and plays great in docked mode too!!

Some of these negative reviews seem to focus on silly things like how the crowd looks 2D and not as animated as on the PS4 or XBone versions. Frankly, if you're bothered about how the fecking crowd looks in a football game, you probably shouldn't be playing a football game in the first place!!

Edited on by enoch72

enoch72

Soroush2023

respectfully,i dont see any negative review on metacritic,,if the score under 5 or 50 ,is considered to negative,,@SLIGEACH_EIRE

Soroush2023

Twitter:

Soroush2023

also we have 11 review is consider to higher than average(green ),you only mention the review that you want to see,,,is fifa 18 super b game on the switch,,?no ,obviously no,,but its ok,,,,ok means 5 or higher in score,,

Soroush2023

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Soroush2023

People like to simplify games and boil them down to a single 2 digit number, because then they can objectively label it good or bad.

There is no such thing.

This is why people say read reviews because every person is different and every person is going to value different things, and those things will be weighted differently depending on who you talk to. If you don't have any friends who own a Switch and care about soccer, what advantage is there for you to buy the PS4 version? Story mode? Ok, that's cool. But is a story mode in a sports game (just think about that for a second, a story... in a sports game) worth more than getting two versions in one, where the actual game itself is all there? Probably not. Is the game objectively bad because it doesn't have a feature that you don't even care about? No. It's completely irrelevant because it doesn't even affect you, because you never even cared in the first place. Or maybe you cared somewhat, but you also care about getting 2 versions in 1 and that appeals to you far more. For you, that game is a 9/10. It runs smooth (60fps) and looks sharp (1080p docked, 720p handheld), it has all the snazzy new modes like Women's League and FUT... it's a fantastic game. It's not riddled with loot crate boxes or invasive micro transactions... it's a quality game.

The issue is, some people want this game to be labeled "objectively bad". That IGN review is straight garbage. They do not evaluate it on its own merits like they would any other past portable version... I guess if it's only half as good like on Vita, then it's easily distinguished as a "different version"

IGN gives FIFA on Vita 8/10
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/02/13/fifa-vita-review

Yet when a portable version comes so close to the cutting edge, current gen versions, suddenly they only want to focus on all the ways in which it falls short compared to the "perfection of the bleeding edge power console versions". Instead of looking at it as "wow, this game is at least two generations beyond the last portable version we got!" They purposely portray it as "oh, well ya know the PS4 version has X and Y, and this doesn't, so it's a crap game". Never mind the last portable version was missing A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J, had half the resolution and half the frame rate, looked worse, ran worse and didn't even offer 2 versions in one... but that's an 8/10.

So here we have a game that is 10x better than it ever was on Vita, and offers 2x the value... yet they give it half the score... and then people parade that around as evidence the game is "proven" to be a "bad game". It's a joke. People need to learn to think for themselves instead of allowing their personal bias to steer their mindset, using arbitrary numbers to prop up whatever agenda they want to push. There are people among us who envy us Switch owners, because they were unfortunate enough to bet on the wrong console. And they hate to admit they're stuck with a dead platform that's inferior in almost every respect, and now we're living the dream. And they will use any ammo they can find to shoot down any game we enjoy. They jump on a lukewarm score with fierce determination to package it up and sell it as "proof" we're not really having fun with the game. Because it's an "indisputable fact" the game is objectively bad because they found a two digit number on the Internet that says so. Be wary of such people.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think the key thing to note is that Vita review was for FIFA 13, Xbox 360 and PS3 were still the newest Xbox and Playstation home consoles. If they reviewed something like FIFA 15 for Vita, I'm pretty sure the review would've been similar to the Switch review given that the newest home consoles when FIFA 15 came out were Xbox One and PS4.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano

I think it wouldn't review as well but that's not why. For it's time, PS3/360 were even more of a leap over Vita than PS4/X1 is over Switch. Once current gen systems released Vita was way behind, but Switch is not way behind.

The fact is subsequent releases should build on and improve on other versions. But this review is perfectly applicable..It was the debut portable release on Vita, with console versions offering far more. People complain about squad battles in Switch version? Vita release didn't even have FUT. And those frame dips and lag in the Vita version? Totally fine. "Doesn't interfere with gameplay". And that sub par dribbling? "Its the cost of a portable entry".

It's just a double standard.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The PS4 and XB1 did seem to drive a much larger focus on comparing specs than previous consoles though. For example, I noticed much more complaining about the Wii U being underpowered compared with PS4/XB1 than the Wii being underpowered compared with PS3/360.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kobashi100

IGN do look bit silly with the "FIFA on Switch feels sluggish and slow, plays just like last years version (aka FIFA 17)" comments when they said this last year.

"I love it, IT'S AMAZING! 9/10"

As for GameSpot. Considering they only scored the PS4/Xbox one version 7/10. The switch review seems reasonable.

kobashi100

SLIGEACH_EIRE

They were able to play The Journey and able to play against friends online in FIFA 17. You can't on Switch and other less subtle differences. They also didn't try to sell a year old product at full price. But then a lot of developers are doing that on Switch. In some cases, the games are years old and still full priced. Someone's got to try swindle and hoodwink Switch owners.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

dav2612

@JaxonH

Harsh on the Vita version I feel. Personally I thought it played a good game of football and certainly the best handheld football there had ever been at the time. A factor that some people, like yourself, say should be the focus of the Switch version.

I'd disagree with your comment that you get 2 versions in 1 with the Switch game. The console allows you to play on TV or portable, the game itself isn't giving you any extra versions.

My take on it all is that the negative reviews I have read come across as harsh. The comparison to other versions is as applicable as comparing PS4 and Xbox One versions of the same game or comparing MK8 or Rayman Legends to the Wii U equivalents. Comparisons need to be made so those of us fortunate enough to own more than one console can make an informed decision. I don't however think these differences should be reflected in score and neither should the price.

"(just think about that for a second, a story... in a sports game"... strangely I think that was the best thing that has happened to FIFA in years and therefore a big factor. But judging by the % of people who got the achievement for completing The Journey, I'm in a minority.

dav2612

Haruki_NLI

I always maintain a game should be reviewed as what you pay for not what its contemporaries or other versions are.

Because after all...you arent paying £60 for those. Those are irrelevant to you. You want to hear about the game you ARE buying.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@dav2612
My intention wasn't to knock the Vita version, but to draw a comparison. And in order to do so, it's necessary to point out how short it fell in comparison to console versions at the time. I'm sure it was a fine game. In fact, I don't disagree with the praise or score they give it. I'm using it as an example to show why I disagree with their evaluation of the Switch version. They didn't unfairly praise the Vita version, they unfairly panned the Switch version.

I understand the story mode is a neat mode. But being perfectly honest, you buy a basketball game to play basketball. You buy a soccer game to play soccer. Not saying it has no value- it does, but it's omission is hardly detrimental to the game. I would have loved to see it, but it's nothing to get too bent out of shape over.

As for the portability, it really is like 2 versions in 1. I mean, if you wanted a game on console and handheld before, you'd have to buy it on PS4 and on Vita. And even then, hope you get cross save. You buy a Switch version, you get the console version. But when you leave and want to play on the go, you don't have to buy a separate handheld version. You've got it already.

Again, that's thanks to Nintendo, not EA, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how or why a game offers the value it does, all that matters is it does. You can't just ignore the fact you get a console + handheld version in one with every Switch game.

I do appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

You get a gimped home console version and I don't care about portability.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

kobashi100

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

They were able to play The Journey and able to play against friends online in FIFA 17. You can't on Switch and other less subtle differences. They also didn't try to sell a year old product at full price. But then a lot of developers are doing that on Switch. In some cases, the games are years old and still full priced. Someone's got to try swindle and hoodwink Switch owners.

You just completely ignored what I said. Read it again and actually see why I said they look a bit silly

kobashi100

OorWullie

All I know is FIFA on Switch is superb, I love it. I say that as someone who bought every single FIFA from the original through to 2009 and who plays each new entry on my mates Xbox when I'm back in the UK. Any football fan who only games on Nintendo and doesn't own this game, you're missing out big time. I've never been a handheld gamer myself yet Switch has converted me. Splatoon 2,ARMS and BOTW are my TV games, the rest are my handheld or table top games. Not because I need to but because I want to as games just feel better on Switch. Fact!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

gcunit

dav2612 wrote:

Comparisons need to be made so those of us fortunate enough to own more than one console can make an informed decision. I don't however think these differences should be reflected in score and neither should the price.

IDK - the NL review of FIFA 18 bent me out of shape - it felt almost more of a review of the PS4/XB1 version than it did the Switch version.

I can understand an 8/10, no problem. A FIFA game will never get a 10/10, so it would have to be pretty amazeballs to get a 9/10, and therefore 8/10 is fine here. But the text of the review seemed to be going out of its way to steer readers towards other consoles. Completely unnecessarily.

The IGN review is just a joke.

All that's actually needed is a bullet point list of features - by all means presented as a comparison table of PS4/XB1/Switch, and let us decide which version works best for us.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.