Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 361 to 380 of 645

dav2612

JaxonH wrote:

@dav2612
I understand the story mode is a neat mode. But being perfectly honest, you buy a basketball game to play basketball. You buy a soccer game to play soccer. Not saying it has no value- it does, but it's omission is hardly detrimental to the game. I would have loved to see it, but it's nothing to get too bent out of shape over.

The absence of the story mode isn't detrimental to the gameplay as such but it is to the overall package, or at least it is for me. I'd happily lose FUT and have The Journey in its place. Others will scoff at that suggestion. For my tastes/interests, it is a significant portion of content that is not there. Whether that matters is going to an individual preference but if EA released the Switch version at say £10/$10 less than the PS4/Xbox One version then I don't think there is even a conversation to be had. But they didn't.

Re Vita lack of criticism. The internet is a lot more critical these days and we analyse to the nth degree - videos comparing resolutions and frames per seconds for instance.

dav2612

Hughesy

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

You get a gimped home console version and I don't care about portability.

So why are you here then? Other than to troll. If there’s something I don’t care about I don’t waste anytime on it....

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

JaxonH

@Hughesy
I hit that ignore button a long time ago, and I recommend you do the same. It's a lot more peaceful- some people are just unhappy, and misery loves company, as they say. Only purpose of being here is to try to piss in your Cornflakes.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KissMyFlapjack

I have had FIFA 18 since launch and I have enjoyed it. Sure I would have liked it to be fully featured like the other consoles, but it plays very, very smoothly and I have had a blast with it.

Twitter/Instagram: kissmyflapjack

Twitter:

kobashi100

@flapjack-ashley I am not a FIFA fan at all but this is what I see across multiple forums. Switch owners are enjoying playing FIFA. No matter how much someone is trying to change that opinion it's good to see people like the game.

kobashi100

Hughesy

@JaxonH Done, cheers😀

OorWullie

Good to see this thread is fairly active, it seems everyone who owns the game is happy with it. It is a real shame we can't play each other. We could have organised a mini tournament.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

gcunit

@Ervex_109 Please just hit the ignore button. And the report button. By quoting it and confronting it, you're just perpetuating it and even people ignoring that user will see it. Report and ignore is easy and effective.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@gcunit I seen his remark, had a whole response written out to them but I didn't want to engage them or start an argument. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote. This game has more mixed reviews than positive on Metacritic. That's a fact, it has less features than on other platforms, that's a fact. You can't in 2017 do something as basic as play online against friends, that's a fact. EA, don't deserve to be rewarded for shoddiness and charging the same price for a lesser experience. I don't slight games like for example Stardew Valley or Golf Story. Why is that? It's because they're great games that put the effort in and remember, they're indie developers. They've a fraction of the resources EA have at their disposal and put them to shame.

People have their views and they're entitled to them. I have mine and don't attack anyone for being on the pro side of this game. I posted reviews, they're as valid as anybody elses. People can't let it go unchallenged though. They have to say something. I can't even tell you when I last reported a comment, maybe you can. It must be a few of months at least. We're not made of glass or maybe I've grown a thicker skin. I think I may just post the reviews and ignore the responses in future.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Soroush2023

@SLIGEACH_EIRE , i completely agree with you..really i dont like ea but iam trying to see company and games that they make or published seperately.

Edited on by Soroush2023

Soroush2023

Twitter:

JaxonH

@OorWullie

It's nice knowing that, no matter what, we'll always have this game to fall back on for Switch. Even if they never bring a new entry (which I think they will, but let's just assume they don't) this is a solid game and honestly it could last me- as far as soccer is concerned- all generation. I don't really follow the sport so the new entry each year isn't necessarily a big deal to me. I mean if they do bring a new one I'll probably grab it but I'd be content just playing this. Same for NBA 2k18.

I like the drills. They really help you get better at the game. I wish Nintendo had video capture- I used Ronaldo to head a goal in from a corner kick, and it was so glorious man... oh it was so slick! One day we'll have video capture. That'll be so nice.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Leon_Kennedy

JaxonH wrote:

@OorWullie

It's nice knowing that, no matter what, we'll always have this game to fall back on for Switch. Even if they never bring a new entry (which I think they will, but let's just assume they don't) this is a solid game and honestly it could last me- as far as soccer is concerned- all generation. I don't really follow the sport so the new entry each year isn't necessarily a big deal to me. I mean if they do bring a new one I'll probably grab it but I'd be content just playing this. Same for NBA 2k18.

I like the drills. They really help you get better at the game. I wish Nintendo had video capture- I used Ronaldo to head a goal in from a corner kick, and it was so glorious man... oh it was so slick! One day we'll have video capture. That'll be so nice.

Can you save your replays? You used to be able to in pro evo.

Re: another one next year, I don’t know if I would buy it every year but was really hoping the game would be a success as it would encourage more 3rd party support and we’d maybe get pro evo as well if the appetite was shown to be there

Leon_Kennedy

Sisilly_G

I would consider FIFA 19 if the new content is substantial enough and/or if Turkish teams are included. To be able to take Turkish teams with me on the go was the main reason why I bought FIFA 12 on 3DS back in the day, only to find out that they were excluded entirely (even the national team was excluded), and football isn't big enough in Australia for me to care about our national teams (and I struggle to root for a team with a name as cringe-inducing as the "Socceroos").

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Leon_Kennedy

sillygostly wrote:

I would consider FIFA 19 if the new content is substantial enough and/or if Turkish teams are included. To be able to take Turkish teams with me on the go was the main reason why I bought FIFA 12 on 3DS back in the day, only to find out that they were excluded entirely (even the national team was excluded), and football isn't big enough in Australia for me to care about our national teams (and I struggle to root for a team with a name as cringe-inducing as the "Socceroos").

This edition has the Turkish superlig

Leon_Kennedy

SuperJoon

Went and bought FIFA 18, you can tell that it's based on FIFA 17 from movement and animations. Goalkeepers aren't as reactive, although I'm not sure if that's a bug, but I've been able to score really easy long range goals that keepers should be saving, and that I have seen them save on the PS4 version.

Few kinks to iron out, but I think it's a decent version of the game. I'm hoping FUT picks up as the lack of players and prices in the transfer market is a joke.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

kobashi100

SuperJoon wrote:

Went and bought FIFA 18, you can tell that it's based on FIFA 17 from movement and animations. Goalkeepers aren't as reactive, although I'm not sure if that's a bug, but I've been able to score really easy long range goals that keepers should be saving, and that I have seen them save on the PS4 version.

Few kinks to iron out, but I think it's a decent version of the game. I'm hoping FUT picks up as the lack of players and prices in the transfer market is a joke.

Regarding goals. Dunno man, I have seen goals from the PS4 version and it's pretty ridiculous how easy it is to score from distance.

kobashi100

JaxonH

Huh, see I am absolutely horrible at the game and even on amateur I can barely score a goal lol, from a distance or otherwise

Hughesy

@JaxonH That’s more to do with your skill level though 😘
I can score from pretty far out on legendary, but then I can do the same on the PC version, so I don’t really see the two versions different in that regard.

OorWullie

@JaxonH Have you played any games online yet? I just went straight into online Seasons and have been playing that way more or less ever since. I played few games of a custom cup tournament on Professional difficulty and really struggled. I used to find professional too easy and would eventually move to World Class but those days were long ago. I've lost my touch.

You might find out you get better playing online as the stakes are higher, nobody likes losing to a real anonymous person. haha

If you have any questions about tactics or whatever, let me know and I'll do my best to assist.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.