Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 641 to 652 of 652

Mii_duck

Well, it's starting to gell now... Career mode, just controlling 'me' and in 34 matches I've scored 65 goals for Mansfield Town. Got a call up to play for England in a friendly and put five past Mexico in a 13-0 drubbing.

So, not an entirely realistic game...

Anyway - in career mode, do other teams come in for you or do you have to request a transfer first? I'm new to FIFA and finding info is like pulling teeth!

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

I keep meaning to start controlling the whole team, but I'm enjoying just controlling one player at the mo.
I know this is an 'inferior port' but for me it has enough depth and I'm really enjoying it, there are enough options to keep me coming back for quite a while I think.

Mii_duck

monkeyspasm

Yeah, I have FIFA on Xbox One but still love the Switch version. It's great fun.

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Lroy

Few things more satisfying than taking the reins at a lower league side and then slowly but surely nuturing young talent via the Youth Academy through to the first team. Real thrill as each makes their debut and scores their first ever senior level goal for the side.

I’ve gone big on youth in my current (World Class difficulty) Manager Mode career. My highest rated starting eleven player has only just celebrated his 17th B’Day!

Be really cool to see if the Manager Mode on FIFA ‘19 has received any tweaks. I know the upcoming game on the big boy systems has had very little added to the much neglected Manager/Career Mode - EA sole focus is FUT. But seeing as the Switch version is an iteration of the franchise all its own - different engine - and we’re ‘behind’ in some aspects of the window dressing of the other main versions. Basically, I hope we get some Career Mode content that is ‘new to us’ albeit if it has been in the game on more powerful machines before.

The addition of the Champions League licence is nice but i’d be far more excited about news of additional cut-scenes for Manager Mode, a comprehensive career stats screen, a trophy cabinet for all your successes across multiple managerial positions etc. Would also be nice to be able to train up the pace and strength stats of your players (an addition which is confirmed to the mainline FIFA ‘19 on XBOX/PS4 I believe?) An option to develop a new stadium with higher capacity and set ticket prices etc. A way to re-train and adapt players to suit new positions than just their default ones. I’d also like to see the negotiation and other extra visual and audio commentary bits and pieces in the ‘bigger system’ game come to the Switch version in FIFA ‘19.

Playing online with friends has at least been confirmed but i’d like more too.

That said, FIFA 18 on Switch has been amazing. Approaching 275 hrs played - 99% exclusively in various Manager Mode save files.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

gcunit

Oh boy oh boy what a session. Been up playing FIFA far too late.

Fresh off the back of our first Serie A championship trophy, doing the double over an immense Juventus to beat them to the title, we've just beaten them in the Supercoppa Italia after a titanic 0-0 draw and a penalty shoot-out that ended 6-5 with 7 missed/saved penalties.

On to the first league game of the season and I gave a debut to our newest signing, Landry Dimata (Belgian, 22, STR) who I bought from Wolfsburg for £24mill. which was pretty much my entire close season transfer budget. Vardy is still the main man, but he's getting on a bit now and I felt the need to have some quality options to start developing.

So I started Vardy and Dimata upfront, and true to the occasion they've both just scored. And Dimata's debut goal is probably the most booyah goal I've scored in this FIFA so far, certainly since the video capture button has been enabled. Don't tend to try that sort of goal much on World Class. Just one of those dream debut goals.

But my battery died just as I was trying to upload a replay of it, so y'all gonna have to wait til tomorrow for that. But such a great feeling to end a late session with that sort of goal.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lroy

@toiletduck Yeah. I really love the career mode in FIFA despite its limitations and flaws. I did buy FOOTBALL MANAGER TOUCH 2018 on Switch but have yet to really invest any time in it. I’m sure once I do, I’ll be hooked. However, what little game time I get, I am pumping into FIFA ‘19 now 😂

Retro Gamer

Lroy

@gcunit Congrats on winning your first Serie A title on World Class difficulty no less. I’m impressed. How many seasons did that take out of interest?

Retro Gamer

gcunit

@Lroy Thanks Though bear in mind I can't always stop myself replaying a crucial match if the result doesn't go my way, which happens particularly if I feel I've been cheated by refereeing decisions, but also sometimes if I make stupid errors. Don't think I needed to do it in either game against Juventus though, who are the best squad in the league and constantly winning.

So I still amassed those points, but not all of them were gained at the first attempt. Hoping to eradicate that habit this season.

Think it was only the second season, though given the player turnover I've had since I joined Fiorentina, I find that hard to believe. Only a couple of original players still in my team. The board don't give me much money, despite qualifying for the Champions League two years in a row, so I have to sell to buy, and am possibly going to come unstuck when all my key players start asking for more money cos I don't have much left in the wage budget. They expect me to win the title again this year, but only with 26 million to strengthen the squad, which I blew on one player.

Does FIFA 19 change the training at all? Having to prioritise only 5 players per week is a real PITA.

Edited on by gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Wow! Are you only two or three seasons in? I’ve stuck to the default 6 minute halves on FIFA ‘19 and seasons do progress slowly so imagine you are using the 6 minute halves too.

To be honest the Career Mode in FIFA ‘19 for Switch is identical to the Career Mode for FIFA ‘18 for Switch by all accounts. I believe the training aspect was tweaked for the full-fat big boy versions of FIFA ‘19 as I read or heard somewhere that you can now train/improve stats for strength and pace. That is still missing from the Switch version.

As for replaying crucial matches, you big fat cheat! Ha! Ha! I’m glad I never felt tempted to do that as i’m sure that way insanity lies. That said, perhaps I should have considered it as my most recent Career Mode save on FIFA ‘18 (my first on World Class difficulty) ended in me getting the sack after three seasons with Luton Town. I’d got them promoted once and was building a dynasty of Youth Talent plus bringing the World’s Best rising stars (Regens for the likes of Robben, Iniesta, Buffon) to the club on Loan deals. Alas, wasn’t enough. I could never manage to string a consecutive number of wins together and failed to achieve another promotion in the speedy manner the board demanded. Gutted. I’ve gone back to Professional difficulty for my Leicester City and MK Dons Career save files on FIFA ‘19. However, I am actually finding it too easy. So guess, I’ll try World Class again, perhaps even with my own Serie A side? Always been a bit partial to Sampdoria or even the returning plucky underdogs of Parma.

Edited on by Lroy

Retro Gamer

gcunit

@Lroy I knocked the half length down to 5mins at some point and am still on that now, just to try and make a bit of progress.

Replaying matches does feel dirty, but given the amount of hours we log on this game, I'm not really in it for standing still. I tell myself it's easier to get up to standard in World Class by playing the same game repeatedly until I can win it, just helps me see where I'm going wrong and improve. If I just ploughed through the seasons I'm not sure I'd feel like I was developing my ability. Plus, to keep the game interesting you need a bit of a money for transfers and wages, and the better you perform, the more money you get. The dejection of failing to win promotions, getting relegated, getting sacked etc. is not what I play the game for.

But I completely understand why others wouldn't want to play it that way (and it's not like I finish the season with a 100% record). The more real you can make it feel, the better those highs too.

Lroy

@gcunit Yeah, man. Getting any money with Luton Town was like getting blood from a stone. Whatever pennies they offered all went to setting up the Youth Academy and player wages - my transfers we strictly limited to loan signings and each season I had to sell one or two of my first team to just keep things ticking over.

And yet they still wanted instant results on the pitch on World Class.

Edited on by Lroy

Retro Gamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic