Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,213

Paperboy

@NintendoPete Glad to hear I'm not alone. I played through the whole game and only found a bunch of these collectable figures, not a single secret level. A shame really, as I would love to play some of those. Maybe I'll try a guide too at some point and play at least one of them

Paperboy

NintendoPete

I am replaying the first four levels before continuing. Using the map more often, at least, I find all the secrets except for the lever. I looked up three lever locations and in each case I would never ever have found them without help because the either blend in with the environment or are extremely well hidden.

The rune challenges are also a nice welcome of change in-between the mindless battles - great game

NintendoPete

Noonch

The new patch is live. Ver 1.1.1. It seems smoother to me and they added motion controls kind of like Splatoon but not as smooth. I also feel like the glory kills are less splashy. Maybe to give better fluidity to the overall game play or maybe I'm just delusional. Maybe both.

Edit: They also changed the icon. It's fine.

Edited on by Noonch

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

cambotero

Noonch wrote:

... and they added motion controls kind of like Splatoon but not as smooth....

I need to try this when I arrive at home this evening!

cambotero

GrailUK

Motion controls? I'm all in! Again lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NintendoPete

motion controls makes it even better - thanks Bethesda! Unfortunately, you still can't change the font size which makes everything do difficult to read. Nevertheless, great patch!

NintendoPete

NintendoPete

I also got the feeling that loading times are faster. And the blur effects are not as dominant as before. Are there patch notes anywhere?

NintendoPete

NintendoPete

Zuljaras wrote:

Do you need to download the HUGE multiplayer in order to get the fix patches?

Can't say, downloaded the multi-player part immediately after inserting the cartridge in December.

NintendoPete

Noonch

@NintendoPete Bethesda hasn't yet released any patch notes but I'm sure we'll see them in the next day or two. I think they may have added some more environmental effects (ie steam from vents) as well but I haven't played it much since I beat it shortly after release.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

Zuljaras

I just read that the multiplayer is required for the other fixes. This is disappointing. After all the "optional" 8GB download is not so optional after all.

Undead_terror

Tried playing matches last night, but couldn't enter any games, so did @SheldonRandoms, anyone else having issues?

Also multi now got a party option, can't tell you how good thst is, before trying to join friends was a massive pain.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

OorWullie

Full patch notes

New Features!

Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming
Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer
Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch box art

Improvements

Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game
Implemented CPU optimizations
Added Traditional Chinese language support

Fixes

Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SKTTR

OorWullie wrote:

Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer

Got all of these.

First stage in hell, music and sound suddenly muted to almost 100%. On maximum volume you could still hear very distant audio like having the audio settings volume on 1 instead of 100.

In an online multiplayer match on a certain stage, stretched glitch-textures popped up obscuring parts of the map and the players view. Was fun like weird fabricate hanging down. If these weird polygons popped up just for me I was certainly handicapped by that bug.

Menu controls didn't work at all the last few times I tried to play the game. Only shutting down console completely got rid of this obnoxious bug.

And I was banned from online multiplayer for the next 300+ days without reason. xD

Thankfully they were able to find and fix all of these bugs.
And motion-aiming has been added!!
Game's back to its full potential.

EDIT: The game just crashed randomly, error message popping up, and I had to reboot.
Fortunately it saved all my collected extras (I was replaying a mission for 100% collectibles).

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Gameplay_Matters

So I finally got Doom because of motion controls. I wanted to wait for the price to drop but that doesn't seem to be happening soon. But boy, do I have issues with them! I think vertical sensitivity should be adjusted separately. I feel like it should be 50% vertically and 150% horizontally... I have a much higher accuracy with normal right stick aiming and aim assist (and I don't have a Pro controller).

Also, I am not sure what it is, but the colors seem very faded. I don't have blacks even though I adjusted gamma as the game told me too. I also don't have any bright whites. Resolution looks fine to me on a 1080p TV. I'd say much sharper than most PS3 games.

Audio seems very compressed. Actually, captures on YouTube of the PS4 version almost sound better than the audio on Switch. That is very disappointing and I haven't seen this being mentioned in any review so far.

Gameplay_Matters

OorWullie

@Switchcraft Have you turned off chromatic aberration? That makes a big difference and should really be off by default. I turn that off as well as set motion blur to low and look smoothing to somewhere around 50. Game looks great to me like this and not as soft and blurry as I first thought it was. Motion controls I haven't change the vertical/horizontal sensitivity but I did change the overall sensitivity up to 75%. Seems fine to me. Not as smooth as Splatoon but incredibly useful and a real game changer.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

jtmnm

@Switchcraft Thank you for bringing up the audio issue.

I started playing this game again after the update. During high-demand sequences, the game will tear both visibly and audibly. This leads to cracking sound (music and effects). The game is enjoyable, but the performance issues are quite jarring.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic