Forums

Topic: DOOM

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,257

Hyrule

Definitely completing Doom, then moving onto LA Noire, then Batman. Saving Mario Odyssey for Christmas abroad. 16 hours of flying, perfect time for the Switch.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

Having so much fun with the campaign. Very challenging and unlike a lot of other shooters. This is so getting me ready for Hollow and Wolfenstine 2.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

Watched ReviewTechUSA stream this game today. It was really entertaining to watch and he's super impressed with the game, which makes me happy to see given he is more of a PC gamer.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

carlos82

This game is way too much fun, so glad I got digital as I just keep playing it in between other games. Great way to relax at work too 😃

carlos82

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

rallydefault

Game is fantastic. Does get a little repetitive as you get toward the end, though. The few boss battles help split up the constant <enter arena - demons spawn - kill demons until music stops> rotation. I do wish they did a little more with the "in-between" areas: maybe more jump puzzles, environmental puzzles/hazards, etc.

rallydefault

maruse

Need help urgently!

I just got DOOM but I’m stuck on the End User Agreement screen.
The select button works but that’s it, no other button works so I can only select/deselect the checkbox. I can’t continue or do anything at all!
Has anyone else have this problem too?
I need help!

Edited on by maruse

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Curlynob

@maruse I haven't got the game yet, but have you tried scrolling to the very end of the End User Agreement. Does that help?

Curlynob

maruse

@Curlynob Finally I got it working.
At first it was totally unresponsive, either with the Joy-con grip or in handheld mode, I restarted the Switch and tried again and it didn't work with the Joy-con grip, but it worked in handheld mode... Weird problem... But anyway, I could get beyond the End User Agreement screen and now all buttons work fine.

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Reignmaker

Found a bug where the menu system in handheld can't be navigated. Pretty annoying. Needs to be patched.

Reignmaker

carlos82

I haven't had any issues navigating in handheld or the user agreement, is this after switching between docked and handheld as this can cause issues for several games? Usually you just need to reassign the controllers. I can't confirm the joycon grip issue because I only use the pro controller when docked

carlos82

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

rallydefault

@Reignmaker
Agreed. Patch needed for the sound bug while docked, as well. Happened to me a few times while playing - very annoying.

rallydefault

Hyrule

Crikey some of the later levels are tough. SPOILER ALERTS, for those that haven't got that far.

Are you still reading? I did say spoiler alert....

You're still reading despite the above spoiler alerts, ok

Defeating the Cyberdemon the first time round, before you get transported into hell. Wasn't too bad until you run out of BFG ammo.lol

Then round two with the Cyberdemon, in hell. Again low on BFG ammo, and when he traps you between the pillars, fires the waves at you or the succession of rockets. Phew. Took me a good couple of tries.

Still very much enjoying the game though.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Spanjard

@Hyrule Haha, that made me chuckle! I was so intrigued to read further down!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Hyrule

@Spanjard Haha, I aim to please. This is my first time playing the 2016 release of Doom, as I never picked it when it was originally released, so I'd hate to read about later levels and the storyline if I hadn't gotten there yet But this game has me hooked. Everytime I think, i'll take a break, I'm like nah I need to see what's next lol.

Hyrule

JunkRabbit

Not sure if this has maybe been asked before, so please bear with me.

Does anyone else have a problem with the dead zones of the sticks in this game (JoyCon as well as Pro Controller)? It seems that there's really a VERY long way to go before the controls react, making fine tuning of your aim virtually impossible (at least for me). Skyrim for example has only a minimal dead zone (if at all?), and controls much better, the finest adjustments and slowest movements are possible. This makes playing Doom more of a chore for me than it should be... I tried various sensitivity and "smoothing" settings (whatever that is), but to no avail. Must I just live with it and get used to this, or can this in fact be adjusted somewhere and I just haven't found it?

JunkRabbit

FX102A

@JunkRabbit This does worry me, this is why I couldn't play Deus Ex or RE Revelations on the Wii U; games where ammo conservation and quick kills were important. Though for a fast paced run and gun FPS maybe less so.

Overall I am currently thinking of waiting for a patch to fix all the little niggles before buying.

FX102A

JunkRabbit

@FX102A
Of course, Doom is not about slow movements, but if it get's hectic, you still need to fine-tune your aim (what I currently need to do is fine-tune with strafing as much as with right-stick aim: to compensate)... I'm still wondering if it's only me though. And why none of the reviews I've read or heard or watched seem to have caught that. I might be more sensitive to such things than others maybe (who knows?), but certainly not by that much...? Let's see what others say.

Otherwise it's just as great as they say.

JunkRabbit

Spoony_Tech

@FX102A Ammo really isn't an issue once you get the chainsaw. That gives you a ton of ammo on kills. You can find one pretty early in the game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

Haven't had an issue with any dead zones. Customization for turn speed and acceleration via look smoothing allowed me to find a sweet spot. Plus, need to strafe to help aim.

I'm no rookie when it comes to FPS on handheld or systems with smaller analogs. Strafing is the key.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

JunkRabbit

@JaxonH
Watched some of the stream you embedded above (Thanks, quite interesting), and it looks much like I'm playing right now (lol). Still quite a bit of oversteering there with the shotgun... So it's definitely not only me. I think I'll get used to it, and it's really not unplayable, that for sure, but controls COULD be more refinded (or allow more customization), especially with the Pro Controller. In fact, I even think it plays a little better with the JoyCon (separated or handheld, not with the grip), because the dead zone seems to be smaller... Well, back to playing, instead of writing about it! Have fun with it everyone!

JunkRabbit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic