Forums

Topic: Youtuber hints at big Nintendo news coming

Posts 121 to 140 of 616

shaneoh

IceClimbers wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: Likely means nothing regarding Zelda U. For all we know they had that ready for Holiday 2015 as a surprise after Zelda U was delayed (albeit unlikely). Or TP HD was planned regardless. Nothing says they can't have TP HD in early 2016 and Zelda U in November 2016!

If they have data for TPHD on the eShop, then I'd imagine it's close to ready for release. It's reasonably possible that it could be released before the end of the year.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

WebHead

@shaneoh: Plus MM 3D and Trforce Heroes arr/were both released this year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: That could happen but my concern is more about this HD remaster acting to soften the blow of Zelda U no longer being on Wii U. The last time we heard details about the game was The Game Awards in December 2014, it's nearly a year on and nothing has been mentioned except delayed to TBA.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

When do you guys think TP HD will be out? I say February

WebHead

Offspring

WebHead wrote:

When do you guys think TP HD will be out? I say February

Unless Nintendo just put it on the server knowing it would get leaked, it will release before the end of the year.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Stude

If TP HD has been in the pipeline for any time at all, I'd say they are looking to have it out before christmas. It would certainly go a long way towards keeping some people away from holiday PS4 bundles.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

WebHead

Yeah you guys are probably right. It's just I find it odd. Like if its coming out this year why wasn't it at E3?

WebHead

Mister_Wu

WebHead wrote:

Yeah you guys are probably right. It's just I find it odd. Like if its coming out this year why wasn't it at E3?

Let's face it: the entire situation at Nintendo is odd. Do we really need data mining to know about forthcoming games? Shouldn't there be announcements about a few aspects like the DeNA game coming soon and the new loyalty program? If Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is coming on the 3rd of December and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash even earlier, why don't we know much more about these games since E3? This is why we are expecting a new Direct, but the two weeks are running out...

Mister_Wu

WebHead

Well if its coming by Christmas its gonna be announced soon. I don't think Nintendo would stealth release a Zelda remake

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead: I doubt it would be limited to the eShop only. They aren't going to put a huge amount of effort in a TP remake and not talk about it. I doubt it's coming anytime soon, assuming the rumours are true.

Octane

cookiex

WebHead wrote:

I have two theories:

A) It's the Majora's Mask 3D situation but in reverse. TP HD was held back because it would risk overshadowing Tri Force Heroes.
B) Star Fox Zero's delay is forcing Nintendo to move this up from a Spring date so their holiday slate wouldn't be so barren.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Offspring

@Octane: It wouldn't be on the Nintendo Update Servers if it wasn't coming this year. The tinfoil hat theory is it was fast tracked to fill the barren holiday lineup which I think is possible.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Grumblevolcano

I'm predicting a November 20th release date as a replacement to Star Fox Zero.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

If TP HD is a thing, which version will it be? Will it be the Wii version with the motion controls (Link being right handed) or the GameCube version that would use buttons? (Link being left handed)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

renaryuugufan92

@DefHalan: I'm thinking TPHD would incorporate both control schemes as optional, whether or not the game will remained mirrored (like the Wii version) is yet to be seen.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Nin10dad

@Grumblevolcano:
If you're in anyway correct, and I pray to Jebus that you are, one would like to think an announcement, complete with trailers and pricing is imminent......

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Mister_Wu

DefHalan wrote:

If TP HD is a thing, which version will it be? Will it be the Wii version with the motion controls (Link being right handed) or the GameCube version that would use buttons? (Link being left handed)

i really hope the GameCube version, as it's clearly the original one (Link is left handed). The Wii U GamePad would fit the GCN version well, anyway.

Mister_Wu

skywake

@DefHalan:
If it's on the Wii U it's going to have to support the GamePad. So it'll have to support traditional controls. Whether it supports motion controls or not is another question entirely. Maybe it goes half-way and has OoT 3D style controls.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mister_Wu

Tsurii wrote:

Mister_Wu wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

i really hope the GameCube version, as it's clearly the original one (Link is left handed). The Wii U GamePad would fit the GCN version well, anyway.

Why not both? That's what the other three remakes did, so I bet we would yet again get traditional button inputs for movement, sword combat etc and gyro aiming for bow, hookshot and summon rod (that isn't the English name for it, is it?)
That would instantly become the definitive way to play TP, or really any Zelda game (seriously, even if the next controller is just something more traditional like the Pro Controller, gyro controls are one thing Nintendo should stick with till the end)

I was mainly talking about the mirrored world and Link. The Wii version has a reversed world so that Link is right handed, in order for him to be easy controllable through motion controls. The GCN version is the original one, with Link being left handed. Of course motion controls would still be feasible and welcome if implemented correctly.

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Grumblevolcano

@G0dlike: I'd hope so too though we're still in a situation where we don't know if Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (which comes out November 20th) is just a HD Mario Tennis Open clone with Mega Mushrooms or not.

Grumblevolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.