Forums

Topic: Youtuber hints at big Nintendo news coming

Posts 141 to 160 of 616

IceClimbers

Twilight Princess HD has been spotted on the Japanese eShop now as well. That reveal is imminent. Fits the "next two weeks" part of the whole Roger/Stealth rumor, giving it a lot more credibility.

It's pretty obvious we're getting a Direct soon.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@OlicityBlows: Still... I wouldn't get my hopes up. If this releases within the next month or two, I'm sure they would've talked about it. It had to be close to completion during E3 for the game to release so soon. I believe it when they officially announce it.

Octane

Nicolai

@Mister_Wu: If motion-controls control the sword in any way, I can't imagine they would keep the original view, regardless of whether they're mandatory or optional. Imo, it's either motion controls, or left-handed link, not both.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nin10dad

@Grumblevolcano:
Very true! For me to be even remotely interested in Mario Tennis, it needs to have a bit of a backbone. I absolutely loved Tennis and Golf on the GameCube but since then, they haven't been able to capture my imagination. Maybe its old age catching up with me...

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Offspring

Octane wrote:

Still... I wouldn't get my hopes up. If this releases within the next month or two, I'm sure they would've talked about it. It had to be close to completion during E3 for the game to release so soon. I believe it when they officially announce it.

WWHD only took six months to make so it's possible TPHD wasn't started until after e3. With a bigger team and reusing that engine, TPHD could be made even quicker. Obviously this is another crackpot theory but it has some decent reasoning behind it. Nintendo just needs to give us a direct confirming it, hopefully before hackers leak the upcoming Smash news.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Octane

OlicityBlows wrote:

Octane wrote:

Still... I wouldn't get my hopes up. If this releases within the next month or two, I'm sure they would've talked about it. It had to be close to completion during E3 for the game to release so soon. I believe it when they officially announce it.

WWHD only took six months to make so it's possible TPHD wasn't started until after e3. With a bigger team and reusing that engine, TPHD could be made even quicker. Obviously this is another crackpot theory but it has some decent reasoning behind it. Nintendo just needs to give us a direct confirming it, hopefully before hackers leak the upcoming Smash news.

No team is able to do that in just six months, it was possible for Wind Waker, because they could literally reuse every asset from that game. They raised the resolution and added a bunch of lighting and bloom effects, and apart from a few changes to the actual gameplay, that's all they did. Twilight Princess is much more work, every model needs to be redone, every texture to suit the new models. And we're not even talking about stuff as new animations and changes to the gameplay. You're easily looking at more than a year's worth of work; closer to two years of work if this was a side project.

Octane

Offspring

Octane wrote:

OlicityBlows wrote:

Octane wrote:

No team is able to do that in just six months, it was possible for Wind Waker, because they could literally reuse every asset from that game. They raised the resolution and added a bunch of lighting and bloom effects, and apart from a few changes to the actual gameplay, that's all they did. Twilight Princess is much more work, every model needs to be redone, every texture to suit the new models. And we're not even talking about stuff as new animations and changes to the gameplay. You're easily looking at more than a year's worth of work; closer to two years of work if this was a side project.

I'm no developer but I think you are overestimating how long it would take to make TPHD. Anyway, none of that matters as the fact remains it wouldn't have shown up on Nintendo's Update Servers if it was releasing next year. There are retail games releasing next month that haven't shown up yet. Why Nintendo didn't advertise it at e3 is unknown, I've given a few tinfoil hat theories (fast tracking it to fill out the holiday lineup makes more sense) but we won't know until Nintendo gets around and confirms its existence.

Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Octane

@skywake: @jariw: I can't remember who of you always kept eye on the Australian Classification Board, so forgive me for tagging the wrong person. How far in advance are games rated on the ACB? It's usually a couple of months (3 or so) before release, am I right?

Twilight Princess HD hasn't been rated, so it seems to me that it is unlikely that the game will be released this year if the rumours are true.

Octane

Socar

I'm surprised that the thread isn't locked. Really guys? Do you guys have any heart at all? Are you zombies wanting announcements here and there and what not? Haven't you guys realized that Nintendo has had a rough year since the start?

Seriously @Morpheel @Darth_vader lock this thread already. Its got no meaning to go on even if it isn't related to the current situations that Nintendo has as of now.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@artwark

Here's an idea, let's not tell moderators what to do just because you have a meaningless grudge against youtubers

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Klimbatize

@Artwark Relax. Very relevant thread, and it's been a friendly/productive conversation the entire time. Just don't read it if you don't like the topic.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Cheesehead302

@artwark Yeah the situation is bad, but that still doesn't change the fact Nintendo is video game company and consumers have nothing to buzz about if they don't say anything.

Cheesehead302

GamecubeMan

Ideally I would want it to be new info on Fire Emblem If localization but honestly I have no idea what this new announcement could be.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Offspring

BinaryFragger wrote:

@Artwark:

So Nintendo and its fans are supposed to be quiet because they had a rough year?
This might sound mean, but life goes on. Sure, some sad events have taken place but you don't just drop everything you're doing when something bad happens. Apple kept going after Steve Jobs passed away. So can Nintendo.
The best way to honor Iwata is to keep up the great work he was doing: making great games and systems.

Well said. Everyone is sad about Iwata passing but Nintendo is a business and it can't sit on its hands any longer.

Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Socar

@BinaryFragger: Here's the problem

Apple knew that Steve Jobs was going to die. Nintendo wasn't aware of Satoru Iwata's death. On top of that, after seeing their digital even getting polarizing responses, Nintendo wants to make the direct meaningful and that's going to take some time. If we want quality games, we need to be patient simple as that. We're humans and Nintendo has humans inside the building yes? They need more time for this to even take place and Tatsumi Kimishima also needs time to actually announce something.

But going into topic, if it really needs to happen, I'm assuming that they will have something for December to announce, if not then maybe first half of next year.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

shaneoh

Octane wrote:

@skywake: @jariw: I can't remember who of you always kept eye on the Australian Classification Board, so forgive me for tagging the wrong person. How far in advance are games rated on the ACB? It's usually a couple of months (3 or so) before release, am I right?

Twilight Princess HD hasn't been rated, so it seems to me that it is unlikely that the game will be released this year if the rumours are true.

I'm not sure how long it takes for an item to be listed on the site, but WWHD was approved on 31/07/2013 and released on 20/09/13. Less than 2 months. I imagine it all depends on the game, but it's possible to have it out by mid December if it gets approved this month.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

IceClimbers

Oh we're definitely getting something soon. Rogersbase said the news he was teasing is coming "in the next two weeks." That timeframe ends the 23rd, which is next Friday. Keep in mind that the investor's meeting for the financial quarter is on the 28th.

The DeNA mobile game announcement is supposed to be really soon, and more in-depth details for Pokemon Go are supposed to be revealed in mid-October.

So yeah, we're getting info somehow by the end of next week. Hopefully it's by a Direct, which is the most likely the case.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: I'm thinking it'll just be by social media announcement, starting to see more stuff I would've expected to be Direct material like Paper Jam being moved forward to early December (was originally going to be early 2016).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.