Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2015

Posts 201 to 219 of 219

Joeynator3000

I actually can't get until around after 12pm.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Aozz101x

awful award show. nice tribute to Iwata tho. and happy to see splatoon and super mario maker won.
But really Konami? Really?!

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

MsJubilee

The two best things about this award show was no voice chat Splatoon beat Halo 5,Black Ops 3 and Destiny in the best multiplayer award, That was amazing! And Mark Hamill was wasted out of his mind. That dude looked lost!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

Lastaofpizza wrote:

It felt like Nintendo didn't show anything off because they wanted to focus on Iwata legacy, not on their games.

Yeah, that would have seriously cheapened the whole thing. If anything I'm glad there was no big Nintendo announcement. It was the wrong time to talk about upcoming Nintendo games.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RR529

Yeah, this year's show wasn't as good as last year's show.

• The awards picked to be shown on stage seemed random. Many of the "Best of their Genre" awards were sidelined in favor of the technical awards, and even some of the fan voted awards (Most Trending Gamer & Best ESports Team, really?).
  • The musical performances were lacklustre. I actually liked the MGSV one, but the other two were boring, especially the last guy.
  • While it was nice that they held a tribute to Iwata, it didn't seem like much thought was put behind it. Geof & Reggies' speaches were heartfelt, but the contribution of the show itself seemed like just a few photos they found online. Maybe they could have shown a short video with various industry names sharing what Iwata meant to them?
  • No Nintendo reveal.

While I'm not necessarily complaining, I don't think it was any coincidence that the Playstation rep just so happened to present the award Greg Miller won (I think he's a big PS guy), and the Xbox rep just so happened to present the award Ori & the Blind Forest won.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

faint

man oh man how did tomb raider go (ios) beat monster hunter? also props to the anouncer for throwing Konami under the bus. If they are going to act like jerks they should be treated that way.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Shinion

So twee Nintendo beat all the bro-dude shooters and consoles in their field of excellence with a new IP at their first try by Splatoon winning best multiplayer and best shooter... Aaaawwwwkward... But absolutely brilliant. Game Award shows just earned a little bit more credibility in my eyes, good on them for recognising the problems with the other nominees that we're sick of playing the same game for the millionth time.

Shinion

DekuOnion

Konami getting called out was epic! I could easily have seen them saying Kojima couldn't make it and leaving it at that. Even though he wasn't there, I'm sure that moment really resonated with Kojima.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Nicolai

It was just really weird how they shoved Nintendo into the first 5 minutes of the awards show, and never mentioned them again except for the sad Iwata tribute. It gave me no chance to get excited as a Nintendo fan. I thought the awards show as a whole was fine (especially compared to the atrocity that was VGX before it). My only two complaints were that people didn't seem to care about receiving awards, and the lack of any Nintendo preview.

shaneoh wrote:

Is it optimistic to think that Splatoon winning best shooter and multiplayer will shift a few more Wii U consoles?

Yeah, that's pretty much optimistic. I feel that most people watching this who wasn't a Nintendo fan is more likely to question the integrity of the awards than actually be curious about why Splatoon was chosen. Some will, I'm sure, but if SSB, Mario Kart, Xenoblade Chronicles, Amiibo, and Super Mario Maker won't convince enough people, I can't imagine a few awards at a games show will do anything.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

As much as I like Splatoon, I wouldn't have given it the best multiplayer award. Maybe the most creative new IP award, if it existed.

TuVictus

Nicolai

@Operative: I would've! It's pretty great ^.^ Though I guess I'm a little biased, considering it's the only nominee I've played. Well, if you don't count that I've played previous iterations of 3 of the other nominees, like Halo 3, Ghosts, and... wait... Destiny already has a sequel? Or is The Taken King the original name of it, and I'm not remembering correctly? Is it DLC or something?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

Taken King was a bit suspicious. I mean I definitely understand why they would nominate it, because the content that was added to the game was essentially bigger and better than all of the content of the base game. But it was technically DLC. They did sell it as a disc with its own name in stores, but even then it was literally just the base game disc with a download code for the Taken King

TuVictus

Whopper744

I enjoyed watching most of the show. It was at least entertaining enough to keep me on it for 2 hours. I did feel like I was missing out on a lot of what they were talking about since the only current gen console I have is the Wii U though. I was hoping for at least a Smash announcement like Cloud actually be released, but no biggie really. Splatoon winning two awards and Mario Maker winning one was great! The whole Iwata tribute I think was done very well too. I have no idea what the zombie Mickey Mouse at the end was about, but at least I saw a Super Mario World reference.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Shinion

@Freeon-Leon: ... Wrong thread maybe? I think you're referring to the new Splatoon stage, but this is the soon-to-be dead thread for this year game awards. Which made me think you were talking about the actual stage they used in the show lol

Shinion

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.