Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2015

Posts 1 to 20 of 219

IceClimbers

Geoff Keighley has announced this year's The Game Awards show, which will take place at the Microsoft Theater in LA on December 3rd!

Last year we saw new footage of several games, including Zelda U. This is where I hope we see new footage. Also would be cool to see Symphony of the Goddesses play.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

veeflames

LOL... I was just talking about this with my brothers.
Very sure Splatoon's gonna win something. XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

@VeeFlamesNL: I'm sure it will be nominated for shooter of the year.

One bad thing about the date however: Xenoblade Chronicles X releases the next day, so it likely won't be nominated for anything.

Edit: I could also see Splatoon being nominated for biggest surprise of the year alongside Rocket League and Undertale.

Edited on by IceClimbers

veeflames

Yeah, that's a bummer. Maybe there's a Most Anticipated award, and then XCX can be nominated for an award.
So what improvements do you want to see in this year's awards show? As much as I see it being my most hyped award show of any year, the last VGA wasn't perfect. I hope they cut the time given to those music performances. They're boring, TBH...

God first.

IceClimbers

@VeeFlamesNL: There's definitely going to be a Most Anticipated award, but with the amount of heavy hitters due next year, there's no way in hell XCX would be nominated.

As for improvements I'd like to see, I'd honestly love to see more time given to the awards themselves. Too many were given offstage last year, particularly Publisher of the Year. The camera work could be improved too. There were some weird camera angles last year if I recall correctly.

I'd also like to see some more recognition for various communities, including the Smash competitive scene and even a segment for Twitch. That'd be interesting IMO, but only if it's presented right.

Oh, and Microsoft needs to show up this year

kkslider5552000

Oh yeah, this.

Maybe it's because I've kinda lost track of gaming this year, but I feel like AAA gaming is gonna take a super backseat in this. Like, I've got nothing for half of the categories (based on last year), either that or the winner will be by being the only super popular new game in its genre ('sup Mortal Kombat X). Like, what great FPS even came out this year? The most talked about FPS this year is Overwatch, a game that is not coming out this year. (and the second is Destiny, which is the new Call of Duty, and came out last year)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Shy_Guy

I hope Nintendo will steal the show again like what they did last year

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

The categories last year:

Jury Voted:
-Game of the Year
-Developer of the Year
-Best Independent Game
-Best Mobile/Handheld Game
-Best Narrative
-Best Score/Soundtrack
-Best Performance
-Best Remaster
-Game for Change
-Best Shooter
-Best Action/Adventure
-Best Role Playing Game
-Best Fighting Game
-Best Family Game
-Best Sports/Racing Game
-Best Online Experience

Fan's Choice:
-Most Anticipated Game
-Trending Gamer
-Best Fan Creation
-eSports Player of the Year
-eSports Team of the Year

I imagine the categories will be similar this year. Best Fighting Game will probably be dropped to the lack of releases though. Mortal Kombat X is the only game that would qualify.

Biggest Surprise of the Year should be a category.

IceClimbers

So if I were to nominate anything using last year's categories, here's what I'd have:

GOTY: The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, MGS V: The Phantom Pain, Bloodborne
DOTY: CD Projekt Red, Fromsoft, Bethesda, EA
Best Independent Game: Undertale, Rocket League,.... I can't think of major indie releases this year :/
Best Remaster: Zelda Majora's Mask 3D, Uncharted Collection, Rare Replay, Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Best Shooter: Star Wars Battlefront, Splatoon, Halo 5, Destiny The Taken King
Best Action/Adventure: The Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Knight, MGS V The Phantom Pain, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. (Nothing else needs to be nominated )
Best Sports/Racing Game: Forza 6, Rocket League, MLB The Show 16, FIFA 16
Best Role Playing Game: Fallout 4, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3
Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker, Just Dance 2016, Yoshi's Woolly World
Best Score/Soundtrack: Halo 5, MGS V The Phantom Pain, Splatoon

Not even gonna touch Most Anticipated Game. eSports Player of the Year should definitely go to ZeRo though. That 50+ tournament win streak deserves recognition.

IceClimbers

@Freeon-Leon: It wasn't a category last year. Might be this year though!

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

So if I were to nominate anything using last year's categories, here's what I'd have:

GOTY: The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, MGS V: The Phantom Pain, Bloodborne
DOTY: CD Projekt Red, Fromsoft, Bethesda, EA
Best Independent Game: Undertale, Rocket League,.... I can't think of major indie releases this year :/
Best Remaster: Zelda Majora's Mask 3D, Uncharted Collection, Rare Replay, Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Best Shooter: Star Wars Battlefront, Splatoon, Halo 5, Destiny The Taken King
Best Action/Adventure: The Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Knight, MGS V The Phantom Pain, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. (Nothing else needs to be nominated )
Best Sports/Racing Game: Forza 6, Rocket League, MLB The Show 16, FIFA 16
Best Role Playing Game: Fallout 4, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3
Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker, Just Dance 2016, Yoshi's Woolly World
Best Score/Soundtrack: Halo 5, MGS V The Phantom Pain, Splatoon

Not even gonna touch Most Anticipated Game. eSports Player of the Year should definitely go to ZeRo though. That 50+ tournament win streak deserves recognition.

Pretty much....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Fast Racing Neo would be a great candidate for Best Indie and Best Sports/Racing, but alas I don't think it'll be out by then. Probably a mid-December release if it's not delayed to January/February.

Blast

slowly turns to Nintendo Do yourself a favor, Nintendo. Announce one more big game for Wii U at the Awards for 2016 and show a new gameplay trailer for Zelda U. Help yourself, dude.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

@Blast: Zelda U footage? Sure. A big game announcement for Wii U? Unless it's Twilight Princess HD, not gonna happen. I expect TPHD will be revealed in a Direct beforehand anyways.

Last year Nintendo had new footage for Zelda U, Super Mario Maker, and Code Name STEAM, as well as reminders for Star Fox Zero, Zelda Majora's Mask 3D, and Splatoon.

This year Nintendo will probably have footage for Star Fox Zero, Zelda U, and some 3DS game. Probably Metroid Prime Fed Force knowing them, but Hyrule Warriors Legends or Mario & Luigi Paper Jam could also be the one. Actually, I could see the new Rhythm Heaven being announced for localization there.

veeflames

@IceClimbers: Didn't Reggie say there was a Zelda U trailer that Nintendo didn't show at E3? I don't see why they couldn't show that at the VGA. It would blow everyone away like it did last time.
Or maybe Nintendo will reveal Twilight Princess HD at the VGA and a Zelda U trailer as an added bonus! Wishful thinking, I know...
http://zeldauniverse.net/2015/06/24/reggie-zelda-wii-u-footag...

God first.

IceClimbers

@VeeFlamesNL: Yeah I see Zelda U being at TGA. That's reasonable. Star Fox Zero and a 3DS game alongside it is probably reasonable as well. Deep down I know that the 3DS game would be Federation Force though, as much as it pains me to say it

Grumblevolcano

To be honest, I could see Nintendo having no presence this year. Since the digital event they've been very quiet so unless the Direct is before this event I think the silence will continue.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Didn't they announce Cranky Kong in 2013? I wouldn't get my hopes up for all those announcements and trailers. Last year they went all in, not sure if they will do that again.

Octane

Freeon-Leon

Nintendo could use a Metroid-esque reveal at TGA, it'd fit the audience nicely. But they'll probably just talk about XCX.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.