Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 326 to 345 of 1,969

Sylverstone

Some way, I don't even knowing if he's really going to leave after that.

Who knows, maybe he re-signed and will begin a new feud with one of the people he dissed in his promo, Triple H.

Then again, this is just thought. Colt Cabana said Punk was getting tired so I'd understand why he'd leave the 'E.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Punk is leaving after the 17th. But it's likely a Jericho-type leave, as in they just didn't re-up his contract (by mutual agreement), and he'll likely be back after he takes some time off to re-charge.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

the_shpydar wrote:

Punk is leaving after the 17th. But it's likely a Jericho-type leave, as in they just didn't re-up his contract (by mutual agreement), and he'll likely be back after he takes some time off to re-charge.

I could see that WWE's schedule is down right brutal and the only time they get time off is if they are hurt for real or they take a break when their deal is up.

Vince is notorious for not giving guys time off unless they are guys like Undertaker,HBK,HHH ect.

CM Punk's promo/shoot might have been planned but I believe he meant every word of it the guy is fed up with the way things are going in the WWE and I don't blame him.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Splat

"Perk #1 you will bring back the WWE Ice Cream Bars." ~ CM Punk

The man couldn't be any more awesome.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

the_shpydar

Man, another gold segment thanks to Punk.

And yes, the ice cream bars comment was awesome. "I just made you a million dollars in ice cream sales!"

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

I have to agree it is pretty good cause of Punk. I am almost tempted to get Money in the Bank this Sunday just to see how it unfolds. Either that or I just may go to the local Sports Bar and have me some wings and a few cold ones while I watch.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

So I know WWE has discontinued ECW but they dont even count the ECW title reigns anymore? The reason I ask is cause when they were talking about Christian they mentioned that he was a one time World Heavyweight champ but they didnt say anything about his ECW title reign.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

who cares about Christian's utterly forgettable heel turn? Daniel Bryan!

Honestly, Daniel Bryan will likely never be a legit draw for the WWE ever (I hate to admit it), even if WWE does everything it can to change that, but that was pretty awesome. Even if I'm totally expecting Rhodes to beat him for the briefcase at Summerslam (I was expecting that to happen anyway, but with R-Truth winning and than losing to Morrison)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

OMG I am shocked that Daniel Bryan didnt cash in his M.I.B. after that beating that Christian took. It would have been easy for Bryan to just roll Christian into the ring and pin him for the title. Kinda disappointed he didnt.

My Backlog

y2josh

I was too Tasuki. Main Event at MITB was AWESOME!!! Only CM Punk's part of it though.

y2josh

Tasuki

Yep the Cena/Punk fight stole the show. Truthfully its been awhile since I was that pumped about a PPV main event. I am wondering now though if this title angle with CM Punk is just a story line for them to redesign the WWE Title. I mean they have redesigned the Tag Team titles a bit ago and they have had the spinner belt forever now.

My Backlog

y2josh

I think it's all a work to make CM Punk the next Austin like figure and Attitude Era 2.0 begins. After Punk takes a break, they make a new belt and then he returns saying he's the rightful champion in time for Survivor Series (I can dream)

y2josh

Tasuki

So I havent seen Taker around since WM. Did he retire or something and I missed it?

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

y2josh wrote:

I was too Tasuki. Main Event at MITB was AWESOME!!! Only CM Punk's part of it though.

yeah, it's beyond my abilities to explain to insane, delusional supersmarks to explain that Cena actually does his job well despite some awful booking

Tasuki wrote:

So I havent seen Taker around since WM. Did he retire or something and I missed it?

he's considered retired by no is certain if that's true. Probably including Taker. We need Taker vs. HHH 2 and Taker vs. Cena at least, it would be such a shame if we never got those matches.

the_shpydar

Wow. Can't wait to see the follow-up on RAW.

Meanwhile, is Bryan going to be the first MitB winner to not succesfully cash in? I'm betting yes.

Also, @Tasuki, i believe UT is on one of his regular breaks. That's pretty much been his working schedule for a few years now, where he'll take time off post-WM or after a big storyline blow-off PPV match.

The Shpydarloggery

kkslider5552000

y2josh wrote:

@kkslider5552000: His job is usually boring though.

Wow it's 2005 again guys. I did not realize that. Thank you.

2005: when Halo was the most overrated series and Call of Duty was known entirely for being great and the only good WW2 shooters left.
2005: when TNA wasn't something you wanted to dissappear.
2005: when Kanye West was known for being an idiot on live tv...wait...
2005: when Nintendo was willing to publish original games/IPs.
2005: before DLC, Autotune and Justin Bieber.
2005: when everyone still had money

Oh I do miss 2005. Good year, if not too memorable (for me, at least. Was it memorable for our members here? That's the important question.)

Oh 2005, what a good year that was...thank you for reminding us all, y2josh. Thank you.

kkslider5552000

Actually it is a miss show. The biggest face and should be biggest heel (but which is which ZOMG :0 ) are gone apparently. Gonna miss that legendary title. Oh well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic