Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,969

kkslider5552000

I love Punk and good worked shoots.

And yeah, what little chance of it being legit should be shot down by no mentioning of UFC beating WWE in PPVs and the mic taking forever to be shut off.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Splat

CM Punks twitter page.

I'm in full, "what are they going to do, fire me?" mode.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

the_shpydar

That Punk promo was f'n amazing.

The term "legit" is always a tricky thing in the wrestling biz. Everything Punk said was true, but obviously it's a worked-shoot. I am surprised they let him mention certain things, such as name-dropping ROH and Paul Heyman, not to mention the bashing of Steph and Hunter (which is usually verboten), and especially saying the word "wrestler" (GASP! lol)

Also a good segment with Mark Henry, and it was nice to see DDP for a second (i still need to get that Nitro DVD set; it was sold out when i checked Best Buy last week).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

we joke about the "wrestler" thing, but people say that a bit in the WWE, it's not a big deal as most people think

DDP is awesome and always will be awesome. I was hoping for a DDP vs. Booker T match (as I'm an old WCW fan) but oh well, I'm just amazed he's on my tv in 2011.

Tasuki

Dammit!!! Why do I always miss the good episodes? I cant believe I missed DDP.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

Even if it was "staged" I think CM Punk took it farther then he was supposed to lol.

Link for anyone that missed it starts about 9 mins in.

Edited on by Splat

the_shpydar

@Splat
I agree. I think they wanted Punk to "push the envelope", but he probably did throw a few things out there that they would have preferred he didn't (especially mentioning ROH by name — for a second there when he paused after saying it, i almost thought he was going to say "or TNA").

@kk
As for the "wrestler" thing, that's absolutely legit. It is most defintiely frowned upon by Vince these days, but not forbidden outright like some people tend to think.

EDIT: So they're really playing the worked-shoot well — WWE.com is reporting that Vince has suspended Punk for his comments, and they've pulled his bio page from the site. This is definitely the best storyline that WWE has run in a LONG time. I'm actually surprised they're playing it so well, i'd expect them to foul it up.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-06-27/mcmahon-suspends-punk

EDIT EDIT:
Check out the reports from the taping for next week's show (they're taping the July 4th show tonight immediately after tonight's live show). Spoilers, obviously! Sounds like some more really good promo stuff featuring Cena and Vince.
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1001926...

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

I just think this was a last minute thing they thought of a couple of weeks ago once they realized that one comedy segment killed the Alberto vs. Big Show feud dead.

As Raw always needs awesome summer storylines (yes, even guest hosts, but that's because anything was an improvement for 2009 Raw)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Splat

If it was "staged" WWE is doing everything they can to "sell' it.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-06-27/mcmahon-suspends-punk

Raw’s abrupt conclusion Monday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:

“CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air.”

With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.

He is also no longer listed on the roster page on the WWE website.

Edited on by Splat

y2josh

@Splat: The Shpydar had already said that stuff above

y2josh

The_Fox

I now officially love CM Punk.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

kkslider5552000

oh yeah and the summer storylines is probably the perfect example of Punk talking about Mcmahon being successful despite himself. WWE just does enough awesome stuff that you'll continue to watch despite the many stupid things that can happen.

y2josh

CM Punk 3:16 says I just whipped your a**

y2josh

Tasuki

From what I have read in various sources it was all staged and the reason for the suspension was so Punk still have some TV days allowed in due to his contract.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

The_Fox

Tasuki wrote:

From what I have read in various sources it was all staged and the reason for the suspension was so Punk still have some TV days allowed in due to his contract.

Well, sure. But the important thing is how well the whole bit worked.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Splat

I really don't care if it was staged even if it was it is still the best promo I have ever seen.

Splat

I never thought I would say this but I'm starting to like Mark Henry about time dude started showing some fire.

the_shpydar

Seriously, i was thinking the same thing. He's really stepping up, and it seems like creative has finally figured out how to use him right. The bit on Smackdown where he tossed the sound guy was excellent.

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

So do we see Punk before MITB? I kinda feel it would help with the build up if we don't.

the_shpydar

I bet we'll see him on next week's RAW, even if it's maybe just as a run-in at the end of the show where he lays out Cena or something.

Meanwhile, after the Vince-Cena promo last night (which was okay, not great but decent) i'm getting a sickening feeling that we're going to see a "Montreal-screwjob revisited" moment, but i really hope i'm wrong. Ideally, i'd love to see Punk beat Cena, and then they can have one of the MitB winners come out and cash in, "saving" the title for Vince and the WWE.

And Zack Ryder was on RAW! For 10 seconds to say his catchphrase! And nothing else!

The Shpydarloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic