Forums

Topic: Wreck-It Ralph

Posts 121 to 140 of 146

e-love

DestinyMan wrote:

The DVD and Blu-ray for Wreck-It Ralph will be released on March 5, 2013.

Instant buy for me.

Also, my mom works at an art college and they usually get animated movie posters sent to them. She said I could get the Wreck It Ralph poster once they're done with it!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

NImH

Emaan wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Instant buy for me.

Also, my mom works at an art college and they usually get animated movie posters sent to them. She said I could get the Wreck It Ralph poster once they're done with it!

Lucky Bastar... uh, sorry.
I loved Wreck-It-Ralph. Instabuy for me as well!

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-2275-8578-8399 | 3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

Drawdler

I'm getting the large plushies of Ralph, Felix, and Vanellope, and my mum says I can have the plushies of the other racers for my birthday in May!
I am going to see this movie for the third time already (since the 24th of December) this week.
I set the Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph song as my phone ringtone.
I bought an iCade Jr. just to be able to play Fix-It Felix, Jr. with it(because I will never be able to afford one of the official cabinets).
Having obsessions is fun.
Also, my mum enjoys the movie, and she barely plays any video games, so that has to count towards something... Right?

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Whopper744

Emaan wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Instant buy for me.

I used to ask for stuff like that for video game display items...then I didn't have any where to put them sadly.

The movie poster sounds awesome!!

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

SheldonRandoms

DestinyMan wrote:

Just out of pure curiosity, has anyone played any of the licensed games for Wreck-It Ralph? Are they any good?

The reason why I ask is because I may get one if I ever find one in a bargain bin.

If you mean the one for the Wii/3DS/DS, then based on looking at it and what people say, I would say find it for very cheap, no more then 10 dollars, but the game isn't very good in my opinion, the game is the same thing for all three versions, plus it spoils the movie for you at the start of the cut scene movie, and if you were hoping for the games, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush and Fix it Felix Jr, those games are not in it, which was a wasted opportunity.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

RetroGBHippie92

I went and saw Wreck-It Raplh today and I have to say I wasn't particularly enthused about it after I left the theatre. You know the saying "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery"? Well this movie is a little too sincere for my liking. One of the problems is the main characters, while very likable and voiced by well known, well respected actors, are still left to be very heavily drawn upon already existing, well known video game characters: Mario and Donkey Kong (Wreck it Ralph=DK, Fix-It Felix=Mario).
Another thing I didn't particularly enjoy was the dialogue, while drawing upon nostalgia with well known video game characters, the dialogue stunk and I realise this is a movie which main purpose is to entertain kids, but for us Adults it got boring and cringe-worthy pretty quickly. when I mean "it (the dialogue) stunk", I'm referring to the amount of toilet humor, a little bit is fine, but if this is a movie about video games, then I would leave it out because it just gets annoying after a while. I personally liked the film but not enough to be my favourite video game-based movie, that award might go to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (if you can count it in any way) or better yet, the original Tron.
While It seems like i'm being a little hard on this movie, it's because I'm older and this is a movie basically for kids, but the idea of the movie leads it to be a movie where the older people accompanying audience are able to identify with a younger generation and connect with them it in a way that it invokes the nostalgia of playing arcade games back in the 80s and 90's and allows those people to see where gaming lies today and where it was back then, with obvious references to Mario, Pacman to Halo and Gears of War.
So this movie kind of was in the middle, if you know what I mean, It's not bad, but it's not terrific, it's so-so. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, it just left things to be desired and hopefully the sequel changes that. I guess one thing you can at least take away from what i've said is that some people love it and some hate it, it's a mixed bag, at least for me.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Usagi-san

I thought this was a good film but there were some places where it didn't make sense to me.

*******SPOILER ALERT!!! - DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM YET!!!!*********

Seen the film already? Good.

At the end I couldn't understand why Vanellope still glitched? I thought passing the finish line was supposed to fix everything? It was because she was a glitch that she couldn't leave the game and yet at the conclusion she's in Hero's Duty at the marriage despite still being glitchy. I also have no Idea why she became a princess since she was a racer on the arcade cabinet if I recall correctly. This made the ending a little unsatisfying for me because I was just left scratching my head.

The Hero's Doody joke was also lost on me. I don't think I've heard faeces called doody before.

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

Drawdler

Usagi-san wrote:

I thought this was a good film but there were some places where it didn't make sense to me.

*******SPOILER ALERT!!! - DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM YET!!!!*********

Seen the film already? Good.

At the end I couldn't understand why Vanellope still glitched? I thought passing the finish line was supposed to fix everything? It was because she was a glitch that she couldn't leave the game and yet at the conclusion she's in Hero's Duty at the marriage despite still being glitchy. I also have no Idea why she became a princess since she was a racer on the arcade cabinet if I recall correctly. This made the ending a little unsatisfying for me because I was just left scratching my head.

The Hero's Doody joke was also lost on me. I don't think I've heard faeces called doody before.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. It actually makes me think that Turbo might still be alive: it implies that the changed code is still in there with the original code. In other words, King Candy is still in the code. And he's basically Turbo... So... I think when/if the sequel comes out, we might be able to see him again. It's crazy, I actually keep questioning that in my head. I don't want a sequel unless they REALLY know what they're doing, though. I don't want them to ruin this franchise.
And the marriage was easy. They probably held it in Sugar Rush so she could be there. Then again, it's the exact same as the one in the flashback.
I dunno, I'm just raaaaaambling... I still loved the movie though.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

RetroGBHippie92

Usagi-san wrote:

I The Hero's Doody joke was also lost on me. I don't think I've heard faeces called doody before.

Same here, nobody here where I live noone calls faeces "doody" it's an american slang term of course, but the joke is lost on people outside the US. While I got it, it wasn't funny, using toilet humor when it isn't funny is kinda wrong, but I guess kids just eat up toilet humor like potato chips.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

theblackdragon

Saw it today (had actually forgotten it'd hit iTunes already). I liked it, but I feel it kinda went off on a big fat tangent and then right at the end they had to be all 'oh snap let's pull it back together guys' and it didn't quite work... i know the big moral was supposed to be about being okay with yourself and liking the person that you are, but it felt like they rushed through a lot of that process just to cram it all into one movie or something. Definitely no 'Up', I guess, but it was still a lot of fun — Pixar always puts out a damn beautiful movie, and I loved all the cameos (game and food alike, haha, i had not expected Beard Papa at all but it made so much sense). :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

iwanttodie

theblackdragon wrote:

Saw it today (had actually forgotten it'd hit iTunes already). I liked it, but I feel it kinda went off on a big fat tangent and then right at the end they had to be all 'oh snap let's pull it back together guys' and it didn't quite work... i know the big moral was supposed to be about being okay with yourself and liking the person that you are, but it felt like they rushed through a lot of that process just to cram it all into one movie or something. Definitely no 'Up', I guess, but it was still a lot of fun — Pixar always puts out a damn beautiful movie, and I loved all the cameos (game and food alike, haha, i had not expected Beard Papa at all but it made so much sense). :3

Disney.
I know, It suprised me too.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

OdnetninAges

Hey everybody who saw the movie, what is your favorite cameo? I personally loved them all, especially the "Lost & Found" section at Tapper's.

@theblackdragon

It's just Disney. Pixar wasn't involved this time... I'm surprised so many people still think it's Pixar.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

SheldonRandoms

theblackdragon wrote:

That's how I felt as well...........

Speaking of credits, who stayed for the credits, I did, and while nobody was here, I danced and sang "Wreck-It Ralph, Wreck-It Ralph, he's big and not shy, just like Zangeif, he's not a bad guy, Fix it Felix, Fix it Felix, with that hammer he can't die, and when he climbs that building, he wants a dang pie"

I guess I really liked this movie.

@3DSonicPizzaHD I think I saw something about Pixar in the credits, I i'm not sure what because................well just read this ^

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

theblackdragon

all right, all right, i just checked and it's really not pixar — who'd'a thunk. the animation was excellent i thought, but then i'm watching it on my iPhone so who knows how it looked in a theater, lol. i stand corrected :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Arianabtd

I'm listening to the Sugar Rush theme song right now x3.

I really need to go get this movie, I'm just really poor right now.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Final-Starman

Konata wrote:

I'm listening to the Sugar Rush theme song right now x3.

I really need to go get this movie, I'm just really poor right now.

Yeah, same here. I'm dieing to get it.

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

KingDunsparce

I saw the movie in theaters a while back and enjoyed it. I really wish there were more video game cameos actually involved in the story though.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.