Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 12,099

Megas75

@TomJ:
Are there really people who think Sonic is a DBZ rip-off? I can understand Super Sonic being a Super Saiyan rip-off(from a design standpoint, otherwise they work very differently), but I don't think anyone's dumb enough to really think Sonic ripped it off

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Whydoievenbother

1. Can someone please explain the hype for Star Fox Zero? Only two of the Star Fox games were actually noteworthy, and one was only noteworthy on a technical level.
2. Can we please get an Okami spin-off starring Waka?

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: Oh idk....maybe because of the fact that its the only Wii U game that will actually makes use of the gamepad?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

@Socar aside from:
Nintendo Land
Batman Arkham: Armored Edition
Pikmin 3
Lego City Undercover
Scribblenauts Unlimited
and let's not forget the newest one, Super Mario Maker

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

kkslider5552000

MrMario02 wrote:

1. Can someone please explain the hype for Star Fox Zero? Only two of the Star Fox games were actually noteworthy, and one was only noteworthy on a technical level.

Because Star Fox 64 is genuinely a brilliantly fun game that I've replayed more than any single player game ever. Because of the 3 Star Fox games since then, two of them were vastly different and the other one was mostly mediocre. Because it's a game developed by the single most beloved video game developer of all time collaborating with arguably the most beloved action game developer of the past decade. Because almost no one else is making either 3D Shoot em ups or general aircraft/spacecraft shooters anymore.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

I-U

~ Ever since 2013, the 3DS has not really interested me. Last year, it was pretty much just Super Smash Brothers 3DS and that's all it has been since. I have not touched a new 3DS game released in 2015. Next year looks to be good though with both Hyrule Warriors Legends and Metroid Prime Federation Force, but overall, compared to how the DS was heading into Nov. 2009, its 5 year anniversary, the 3DS definitely comes off as shoddy following that system.

~ The Nintendo DS's third party offerings are better than the 3DS's first party offerings. While I haven't played all first party offerings available for the 3DS, it's really hard to compete with the likes of Contra 4, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, Dementium, Moon, Dementium II, ATV Wild Ride, Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars, Okamiden, Mega Man Zero Collection, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Nostalgia....What's really awesome for me is that I have yet to get my hands on the likes of TWEWY, 999 and any of the Ace Attorney related games. There's just so much there to experience from the DS on the third party side that I really feel that Nintendo's efforts on the 3DS are outclassed.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Socar

@I-U: I agree that the DS is better than the 3DS because of the amount of software that the DS has that the 3DS just doesn't have as of now in terms of first party games. The only true gems that the 3DS has that the DS couldn't is Kid Icarus Uprising, Awakening 3D land and a couple of games that still stand out. One of the reasons is that the 3DS doesn't make a LOT of use for dual screen gaming as much as the DS does. So really the 3DS barely feels anything unique compared to the DS. I'm like you in which that there are still games that I want for the DS which aren't a lot but I still want them regardless.

However.....the 3DS does have a fair share of better third party support. its getting Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and plenty of Eshop games.....something which I'm doubtful that the DS could possibly have. But to be frank here, part of the reason why third party games aren't noteworthy here is because of the developers being either dumb or lazy to make quality games most of the time.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what the 3DS has in stores next year. I'm at the very least satisfied with the games that I got for the system both physically and digitally.

FX102A

Okay here's a recent one for me; I think Majora's Mask is (IMHO) the least enjoyable Zelda game (that I've played).

I only intend to play it once yet I want the "Complete" (aka Good) ending and thus need to acquire all the masks and complete the Bomber's Notebook. The aimless wandering and trying to figure out things. the time mechanics, the running all over the place, the having to repeat things and the actual lack of "core" (non side-quest) content makes me feel its most definetly not the sort of Zelda game you can calmly and relaxingly explore and enjoy.

So yeah, I've done the majority of the side quests, only need 3 more side masks and one more temple; but I've now stopped and really am lacking a desire to go back. I'm tempted to just pull up an FAQ and get it over with but I know that will further reduce my enjoyment.

FX102A

Octane

@Artwark:

Socar wrote:

Octane: If I'm the only one mentioning it, then why is it mentioned by so many comments around this site alone? There's a forum saying that Nintendo should go on PC. There's a forum that claims that NX should be powerful enough to win the competition between Sony and Microsoft.

There are many that criticize Nintendo's online infrastructure. There's also a rant that says that Nintendo hates youtubers. Clearly there's some Nintendo haters even around this forum.

Also haven't you observed from bolt_strike claiming that Nintendo games are soooo generic?

Those people are just a minority, nothing to worry about..

..and Bolt_Strike.. Does anyone really take him seriously? I don't think so.

Octane

TuVictus

Here's a good one. Despite liking XCX, it is pretty overrated. Not as good as people made it out to be. Mario Maker is a bore, and I really feel like it's time to put the Wii U to rest and make a better console soon.

TuVictus

Ralizah

@FX102A: Wow, I had the exact opposite reaction to MM. It addressed almost all of the issues I had with OoT, and made me feel like I was exploring a living, breathing world rather than going on yet another generic quest to save the world. The puzzles and sequence of events also seemed very logical, and it is one of the few Zelda games that didn't make me feel like I was aimlessly wandering around, looking for the next plot advancement trigger.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Whydoievenbother

Do FPS really just inherently sell better than other genre this gen? Or is it because those types of games get better marketing these days?

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Freeon-Leon

Socar wrote:

@MrMario02: Oh idk....maybe because of the fact that its the only Wii U game that will actually makes use of the gamepad?

Wait, I thought you hated Nintendo haters, but that's what they always say about the Wii U.

Not that I have something against you, it's just wierd.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

I-U

Operative wrote:

Here's a good one. Despite liking XCX, it is pretty overrated.

I think it's clearly not as great as Xenoblade Chronicles (so far), but I don't know if I would say it's overrated. It's a 9/10 in my opinion, even if I haven't been too immersed into the experience yet.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Socar

I generally love Japanese games more than Western games.

The only games that the west beats Japanes games are the genres of point to click adventure (Monkey Island for example), FPS games ( I don't play much of them though) and MMORPG. Everything else, Japan games nails them to me atleast. Sure, there are a few occasions where western games do an exceptional amount like the original Rayman, but not only are they few and far between, they often don't bring what the fans want them to bring out like how Ubisoft screwed up Rayman.

I also have this weird feeling that I like Uprising......The controls are something I can't get used to but I really enjoyed the actual game a bit......some levels are too long and Paliutena is just annoying at times. And yet despite that, I feel like I want to play more of this game......wow. This is the first time that I ever felt like this in games to be honest. Most of the time, If I hated a game, I'd just play it to the end and say that I hated it (Mainly because I spent cash on the game and I want to just know if I got my money's worth in the end.) But this one.....I mean, come on! I keep playing it over and over trying to do even the achievements from time to time.....I don't know why and yet I somehow feel that I did the right thing getting my hands on Uprising as soon as possible.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Operative wrote:

Here's a good one. Despite liking XCX, it is pretty overrated. Not as good as people made it out to be. Mario Maker is a bore, and I really feel like it's time to put the Wii U to rest and make a better console soon.

I love Mario Maker, it's my "one more go" game that will then last for hours at the moment but I have literally made no levels at all on it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Whydoievenbother

@Socar I thought that was the POPULAR opinion among nintendo fans.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Why do video game companies like Capcom and Squeenix make up taboos randomly (I.E Capcom: "Horror games don't sell anymore", Squeenix: "Turn-Based Combat doesn't sell anymore")? There's no proof to back these claims up. Final Fantasy X sold incredibly fast, and Resident Evil 4 sold like hotcakes. But when the time came to make the next Final Fantasy and Resident Evil came, the two franchises went in radically different directions because "Turn Based JRPGs / Horror games don't sell anymore.".

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

jump

MrMario02 wrote:

@Socar I thought that was the POPULAR opinion among nintendo fans.

Artwark said it so it counts as unpopular.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dave24

@MrMario02: FFX sold like hot cakes 15 years ago, RE4 10 years. Also on considered to be best selling home console ever (PS2).
Your opinion is basically "why they don't make games like Ultima 3 anymore!? It was hot in the 80s! Or why there are no arcades anymore? There is no proof for that it doesn't make money anymore".

Sadly, horror games are not doing that great, unless there is some recognizable studio/goy doing it or big fuss around it, like with The Evil Within. With development costs going higher and higher, I can agree with Capcom, because survival horror is not as big as it was, same with Square - they are no match for, say, CoD and they are in bussines to make money.

Dave24

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic