Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,051

RevolverLink

I'm on the fifth and final season of Fringe and I'm a little sad that I'm close to the end; after the pretty good, but largely episodic, first season, I really started getting into the show once it started building up its own mythology and became more serialized (though it still managed to find time to tell clever and touching standalone sci-fi stories).

Also, it seems as if FUNimation has quietly added some more of their anime to Netflix's instant selection over the last few weeks. These all look relatively new to me:

Trigun: Badlands Rumble
Eden of the East: Paradise Lost
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos
Ghost Hunt
Tenchi Muyo GXP
The first 48 episodes of Fairy Tail
The first 52 episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
The second season of Black Butler
The second season of Spice and Wolf (though the 1st season isn't available for some reason)

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

mamp

Started watching Raising Hope, It's so hilarious I though it was going to be some kinda girly comedy but it's actually hilarious. Also it's full of My Name is Earl references. My friend and I came up with a theory that the show takes place in an alternate universe cuz of a certain episode that came out where they brought back "the list."

Also I recommend Portlandia it's a really funny sketch comedy show and all the sketches are done in Portland Oregon.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

HappyHappyist

Lilo and Stitch was added recently. it's an adorable movie :3 sadly it's only the movie, not the show, but still worth watching. Hunchback of Notre Dame is also one of my favorite movies on netflix instant. Tokyo Godfathers is a japanese movie, and it's got english subtitles, but it's a good one; wacky homeless people find a baby on christmas eve.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

RevolverLink

I'm all finished with both Fringe and Better Off Ted, which makes me sad, but I just marathon'd the first series of Call the Midwife, which I'm quite enjoying.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RR529

Godzilla: King of Monsters (American adaptation) & Godzilla vs Mothra have been added.

Watched Godzilla: King of Monsters, and thought it was pretty good. It had a much more dark solemn outlook than the films that come after, which become increasingly campy. Fitting, given the nature of the film's anti-nuclear message.

One day I'd like to try the Japanese original, though, as I hear it's better.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RevolverLink

I'm almost finished with season 2 of Breaking Bad, and it is fantastic, but one thing I wasn't really expecting was just how funny it can be. It's definitely dark comedy at times, but I must've laughed out loud at least 2-3 times an episode during the first season.

Also, seasons 5 and 7 of Parks and Rec and 30 Rock, respectively, have been added to instant and you should all watch them, because they're very funny seasons of two very funny shows.

The Revloggery

RR529

Just started watching Arrow tonight! Really great show. Seriously, even if you're not that all into superheroes, I'd recommend it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RevolverLink

I've been watching New Girl here and there (I just finished season one), partly as a goofy pick-me-up between Breaking Bad sessions. I don't know if it's one of my favorite comedies, but many episodes have definitely had me laughing out loud.

The Revloggery

Splat

RevolverLink - Breaking Bad is always good but season 3 and on is just greatness. As for New Girl I think it's a good show to knock out a few before bed. I think season 2 is better than season one.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

RevolverLink

Odnetnin wrote:

New Girl gets so good in season 2. Nick Miller has become one of my favorite TV characters ever.

YES, Nick is definitely my favorite character on the show! He's almost never not hilarious to me (his "adventure" in the haunted house literally had me in tears).

I like Winston a lot too, but the show doesn't seem to give him many stories for some reason. He somehow manages to straddle the line between the being the closest thing the show has to a voice of reason and secretly being the weirdest person in the room.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Betelgroose

My favorite netflix instant shows are Psych, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, and Scrubs

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

Splat

Anyone else having trouble using Netflix on Wii. Not Wii U just Wii. It's working fine on my PC and PS3 but I keep getting an error message when I try to use the Netflix channel.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

RevolverLink

Even though I'm not a big fan of the genre, I've been forcing myself to watch "scary" and/or "spooky" movies, to get into the spirit of the season.

Last night, though, I kinda got bored with the horror experiment (partly because most of what instant Netflix has in the genre doesn't sound particularly good) and decided to watch MST3K riff on bad sci-fi/monster movies with my brother, which ended up being a decidedly more enjoyable experience for me.

Pod People almost had me in tears.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Joeynator3000

Bumping this to say...just got an email from Netflix telling me Futurama's 10th season is up on streaming. o.o (isn't that their final season?)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RR529

My mother & father swear up & down that National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Great Outdoors, and Planes, Trains, & Automobiles each had scenes missing when they watched them through Netflix. Has anyone else had similar problems with these or other films?

On another note, I watched Immortals a couple of nights ago, and it was a pretty good action flick with some stylish special effects. It has it's fair share of blood, gods, & nudity (you know, all the general Greek mythology stuff). It's only going to be available until January 6th though, so watch it while you still can.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HappyHappyist

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is pretty Good. =its about two stoners getting a movie about them made by miramax, and they go to hollywood (thats... vaguely what happens ).

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Tasuki

@RR529: Well I know Netflix only shows the original versions of films so if they saw an uncut directors version or whatever they call them and then saw the film on Netflix then yeah stuff would be cut out. I ran into that problem with Titanic I have the the director's version on DVD which my mom watched a while ago she then watched Titanic on Netflix a week ago and noticed a few scenes missing. When she asked about it I told her I have the director's cut.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: Well I know Netflix only shows the original versions of films so if they saw an uncut directors version or whatever they call them and then saw the film on Netflix then yeah stuff would be cut out. I ran into that problem with Titanic I have the the director's version on DVD which my mom watched a while ago she then watched Titanic on Netflix a week ago and noticed a few scenes missing. When she asked about it I told her I have the director's cut.

Well, that's probably it then.

Thanks.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic