Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,051

Tasuki

Well just a heads up the following movies will be removed from the streaming service in a few days so you might want to check them out before they are gone.

LIST APPLIES TO NETFLIX USA STREAMING MARKET:

--------TV SHOWS------------

EXPIRING JANUARY 1, 2014

Dark Shadows (original from late 1960s)
Saturday Night Live The 2000s
Mr Bean
The Kids In The Hall
Perfect 10 Model Boxing (Volume 1)

---------MOVIES---------------

EXPIRING DECEMBER 29, 2013

Transformers Dark Of The Moon

EXPIRING JANUARY 4, 2014

Alice In Wonderland (1951 Disney)
Immortals
Dynamite Warrior

EXPIRING JANUARY 1, 2014

The Rundown
Brick
Being John Malkovich
Back To School
Battle Of Britain
Born On the Fourth Of July
Braveheart
Body Of Evidence
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
Man On The Moon
Lionheart
1492 Conquest Of Paradise
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
FX
Do The Right Thing
Desperado
Up In Smoke
Can't Hardly Wait
Capote
Biloxi Blues
Seed Of Chucky
Jarhead
As Good As It Gets
In The Name Of The Father
Inside Deep Throat (documentary)
I'm Gonna Get You Sucka
In Like Flint
Hard Target
Foxy Brown
Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell
Gallipoli
Half Baked
Flashdance
50 First Dates
For The Love Of The Game
The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas
The Bad News Bears
The Russia House
The Secret Of Nimh
Revenge OF The Ninja
Roman Holiday
Rob Roy
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back
Remo Williams
Requiem For A Dream
Quigley Down Under
Pumpkinhead
Platoon
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
October Sky
Mystery Men
The Skulls
Titanic
Ronin
Romeo And Juliet (1968)
Tales From The Crypt: Bordello Of Blood
Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight
The Woman In Red
Top Gun
Street Fighter
TNT Jackson
Serpico
Seed Of Chucky
Scary Movie
Running Scared
Troll II
True Grit (1969)
War And Peace
Talk Radio
War Games
We Were Soldiers
What Dreams May Come
Windtalkers
World Trade Center
The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes
The Odd Couple (1968)
The Mask Of Zorro
The Great Train Robbery
The Faculty
The Dream Team
Best Of Times
Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot
Species

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Nathan_Wv10

Hopefully this means a whole load of new films are coming next month then because I have watched all the decent stuff both american and english netflix have to offer. Only have series left now

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

RR529

@Tasuki, That's EVERYTHING that's expiring, right?

I just filled up my list with a bunch of stuff I want to watch (mostly martial arts stuff), and none of it is on that list, so I should be good.

The only things on that list that would interest me are Immortals (which I watched last week, thankfully) & Street Fighter (which I can live without).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Well that's good then.

Anyhow, just finished up watching Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (PG-13).

Now, I haven't played any of the Tomb Raider games, so I really didn't know what to expect going in, but I ended up enjoying it.

It definitely won't go down as a masterpiece, but the action is good campy fun & there's lots of it, and the story serves it's purpose (hey, even "James Bond" is in it, lol ).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

I did read an article on CNN.com regarding the licenses expiring on the new year, and a Netflix rep said that while they are losing those titles, more stuff will be added to streaming as well, including (but not limited to) Jack Reacher, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (yes!), & some new seasons of Dexter.

As for stuff I want them to add this year:

Movies:

• Iron Man 3 - I saw it in theaters & it wasn't my favorite Marvel film, but I still enjoyed it enough that I'd watch it again at home. Avengers was added this past summer (shortly over a year after it's release), so it's definitely possible.
  • the Man With the Iron Fists - This is over a year old I believe, I haven't seen it, and they've added newer stuff in the past.
  • Pacific Rim - Again, by this fall, enough time should have passed to make this a possibility (hopefully sooner, as I don't think it was very successful, unfortunately).
  • 47 Ronin - Similar to the situation above, but it's done even worse, unfortunately.
  • Lord of the Rings trilogy - I've seen bits & pieces of them before, but I've never sat down & watched any of them all the way through.
  • the Great & Powerful Oz - Again, it should have been long enough.
  • Underworld trilogy - Similar to the LotR situation.
  • Ultraviolet - I like campy action films, and this is one I haven't seen.
  • Silver Hawk - Similar to the situation above.

TV series:

• Arrow season 2 - pretty confident this will happen.
  • the New Adventures of Lois & Clark - Used to watch this years ago with my dad after school. Would love to see it again.
  • Smallville - Used to watch it, but I only caught the earlier seasons. Would love to dive back in.

I'm not expecting all of these to happen, but hopefully some.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Rezalack

I've been watching a show called "Top of the Lake" on Netflix. I'm 3 episodes in and it's great. If you like detective thrillers check it out. It takes place in New Zealand and has an amazing atmosphere to it as well. It's only 6 episodes.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Tasuki

@RR529: Season 2 of Arrow has yet to even be finished airing on the CW so I am expecting the season two DVD to come out sometime before season 3 starts so I am guess like in summer of 2014.

Smallville was on stream not that long ago and was on there for a year at least, I am thinking that they pulled it cause of the contract running out or just took it out of rotation to put newer stuff up. Lois and Clark was also on there but its been a few years not sure why they pulled that from streaming cause I for one would love to watch it again. However I do know that Lois and Clark to run on a regular schedule on The Hub Network.

Underworld was another one that they had awhile ago but don't have it on stream for whatever reason.

As for 47 Ronin are you talking about the one with Kenau Reeves? Trust me on this read the book. That movie is a complete slap in the face to the true story of the 47 Ronin.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

RR529

Just finished watching Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life!

Not as good as the first one, IMO. The first one was so campy it was guilty fun, but this one was notably less campy, which actually hurt it in my opinion, since the improvements weren't great enough to make it all that great. That, and I didn't care for the partner aspect at all.

As for positives, it took to HD slightly better than the first (probably because it's newer), and it had Chinese Spongebob, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Ok so here is the list of the new movies added to Netflix streaming starting the first

American Psycho (2000)
Raging Bull (1980)
Thelma And Louise (1991)
West Side Story (1961)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
Big Trouble In Little China (1986)
Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)
Bull Durham (1988)
Red Dawn (1984)
Mouse Hunte (1997)
Spaceballs (1987)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
The Chinese Connection (1972)
Amelie (2001)
Grapes Of Wrath (1940)
Planes, Trains, And Automobiles (1987)
Children Of A Lesser God (1986)
Scrooged (1988)
Days Of Thunder (1990)
The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Talented Mr Ripley (1999)
Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)
Death Race 2000 (1975)
Ghost (1990)
Good Burger (1997)
Play It Again, Sam (1972)

Some good ones there including Big Trouble in Little China.

My Backlog

RR529

Netflix not working for anyone else tonight? My dad had no problem with it in the afternoon (he watched Olympus Has Fallen), but when I tried it tonight, it said it was unable to connect to Netflix...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Falchion

I just saw Indie Game last night, and it was very interesting. It gave a great insight into the development process of indie games. The games the documentary followed were Braid, Super Meat Boy and Fez. I strongly recomend the movie, even though Phil Fish is annoying...

Falchion

RR529

@8BitSamurai, huh. Maybe since I was trying to watch from an app (PS3) rather than directly from the website, it was having even more trouble?

Oh well, I guess I'll see what happens the next time I try to watch.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Finally got the time to watch some more movies!

Hissatsu: Sure Death! (NR) - This is an 80's samurai action/drama film. It's not in HD, but I'm glad I talked myself into watching it, because while it's not fantastic, I found it to be enjoyable & it was nice to try something totally different. Also, from the way the action played out to the musical score, this is clearly the type of film that inspired the final battle of Kill Bill Vol. 1 (though not nearly as bloody). It gets taken off on January 15th, so I'd watch it while you still can.

the Sorcerer & White Snake (PG-13) - This is a stunningly vibrant film set in the world of Chinese fantasy, with a nice touch of martial arts. It stars Jet Li, and the world is simply beautiful (I recommend watching in HD if possible), the fights are exciting, and there's even doses of romance & comedy. If there's one thing that holds it down, it's that their capability/budget with CGI wasn't nearly enough to capture the full scope of their vision.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Walt Disney's the Sword in the Stone (G) - First time I watched this one. It's no Lion King or Aladdin, but as a fan of Disney fairy tale stories, I still liked it a lot (even moreso than most modern animated films). Also, it's amazing how well Disney's animation has held up (the film still looks gorgeous).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Nathan_Wv10

I think everyone should watch Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black. I thought they were both really good !!

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

RR529

@Caniswolfred, yeah, it was good, but not so good as to where I'd watch it again anytime soon. I could totally understand it being kinda tough to get into, if you've seen it a few times before.

@Nathan_Wv10, I don't think Orange is the New Black would be for me personally. I've never been big into the whole crime drama thing (even with Breaking Bad, which I can appreciate for being a very well made program, really didn't do much for me). As for Arrested Development, it just doesn't look like my type of comedy (with a few notable exceptions, I mostly enjoy "family" oriented comedies, such as Last Man Standing, the Middle, & Modern Family, currently).

Glad you found something you like, though

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic