Forums

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Posts 161 to 180 of 220

TysonOfTime

@kkslider
I don't think anyone here is defending Other M being a good game. They're just defending it being called one of the worst games ever made.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

moomoo

Where's Mr. Chicken Brutus when you need him (yeah, I'll just refer to him by that)? He's played so many travesties.

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised Deadly Premotion hasn't come up. That's a game that could easily be argued to be the best and worst game ever made. From a design perspective it's an absolute travesty, but it makes strides through its mistakes to make an unforgettable experience.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

rayword45

Krimbatize wrote:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

...Who the hell are you talking to?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TysonOfTime

@rayword
That's the joke.
@moomoo
Don't let Jim Sterling hear you.
Those be fightin' words.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Odnetnin

Krimbatize wrote:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Who was this directed at, exactly?

Austroid wrote:

DarkKnight wrote:

True, but under the rules of this thread it does have to be universally hated (or as Chrono would have it, "hated by the majority"), which is what we're debating.

Well, then they've all been listed already within the first few pages. Obviously Other M wasn't universally hated; there's always going to be the type of fans who will love anything with their favorite brand/series posted on it.

No I agree. This is a terrible, dreadfully boring topic. But your line of thinking doesn't hold up for two reasons. First off, a synonym of universally is generally. That is the context in which I have most often seen it used (especially in regards to criticism), and the context in which I have been using it the entire time. I'm saying you can't even say that Other M was hated by the majority of the people who played it (if in fact you are; I know Chrono was at one point). Second, I'm a counterpoint to your second point as I loved Other M, and like I said I wasn't at all a fan of the series before playing it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

rayword45

Deadly Premonition belongs here (based on what I've read) as much as God Hand (hated it) or Killer7 (loved it)

It's so unlike anything else with some really odd controls. The critical reception is polarizing too.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

moomoo

rayword45 wrote:

Krimbatize wrote:

I think it was directed towards everyone. It shows how we've all stooped to lows to try to meaninglessly defend or hate an entertainment product when there are so many pressing issues in this world. Children die of hunger. Rape occurs on a daily basis. Child sex trafficing still exists. Women get battery acid thrown on their faces in certain parts of the world. And here we are, bickering about a video game. Thus, why he says, "everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it".

Quite insightful, actually.

Best thread ever

Chrono_Cross

pixelman wrote:

Re: Other M: It lacked everything I love about Metroid. In addition to that I thought it was just a repetitive, mindless action game with a terribly presented story. If I rated it I'd give it a 5 or 6/10.

I agree. The music was almost completely absent. I don't remember any music from that game.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Odnetnin

moomoo wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Krimbatize wrote:

I think it was directed towards everyone. It shows how we've all stooped to lows to try to meaninglessly defend or hate an entertainment product when there are so many pressing issues in this world. Children die of hunger. Rape occurs on a daily basis. Child sex trafficing still exists. Women get battery acid thrown on their faces in certain parts of the world. And here we are, bickering about a video game. Thus, why he says, "everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it".

Except that has nothing to do with this. I think, at least I hope, most of the people in this thread just wanted to have a thoughtful conversation about whether a particular video game could be considered generally hated by the majority of people who played it. I know I didn't stoop to any lows, and I'm pretty sure Chrono didn't, either.

Six word TV reviews

Odnetnin

Chrono_Cross wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Re: Other M: It lacked everything I love about Metroid. In addition to that I thought it was just a repetitive, mindless action game with a terribly presented story. If I rated it I'd give it a 5 or 6/10.

I agree. The music was almost completely absent. I don't remember any music from that game.

Me neither. If there was any music, it sucked.

Six word TV reviews

rayword45

moomoo wrote:

Further derailing the topic, I'm going to respond to that idea with "It's my life, and I'll waste it away like a bum if I subconsciously want to"

I'm an angsty teenager. I can't solve any world problems right now. I'm busy trying to fix my grades. If I argue about something menial, so be it. I wasn't going to help with that crap anyways (until I somehow take a stand against racist affirmative action policies).

And that has made me realize what about the Metroid Other M arguement. Krimbatize you should be an ancient Greek philosopher.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

moomoo

@DarkKnight It was simply a shoddy attempt at humor. Don't worry too much about it.

Best thread ever

Chrono_Cross

DarkKnight wrote:

Except that has nothing to do with this. I think, at least I hope, most of the people in this thread just wanted to have a thoughtful conversation about whether a particular video game could be considered generally hated by the majority of people who played it. I know I didn't stoop to any lows, and I'm pretty sure Chrono didn't, either.

I don't think anyone has either.

I agree with moomoo, though. Scraped knees are not funny.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

rayword45

Seriously though, I must admit Krimbatize was pretty damn witty with that.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TysonOfTime

@Krimabize's quote is from a video I believe. Describes this thread's 'going nowhere fast' to some extent at least.

Klimbatize

Uh yeah. It's a quote from Billy Madison...one of the best/worst movies of all time, fittingly enough

Just wanted to add some levity to the proceedings.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

SomeBitTripFan

Fireplacing is supposed to be terrible. A virtual fireplace app?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.