General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Showing 181 to 196 of 196

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

181. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Seriously though, I must admit Krimbatize was pretty damn witty with that.

Yeah, that was great.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

182. Posted:

@Krimabize's quote is from a video I believe. Describes this thread's 'going nowhere fast' to some extent at least.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

183. Posted:

Uh yeah. It's a quote from Billy Madison...one of the best/worst movies of all time, fittingly enough

Just wanted to add some levity to the proceedings.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

184. Posted:

Fireplacing is supposed to be terrible. A virtual fireplace app?

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

185. Posted:

Untitled

I wanted to say Other M but it's not elligible for worst game of all time in this forum :'(

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

186. Posted:

Everything that ever got a 1/10 on this website. Chicken Brutus could produce and endless list of terrible games.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

187. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Untitled

I wanted to say Other M but it's not elligible for worst game of all time in this forum :'(

Unfortunately, it's not. But it sure belongs in the Your Least Favorite Games thread!

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

188. Posted:

Damn you people love to hate on Other M. Unlike most people, I try not to look at games with a critical standpoint and just try to enjoy them. When games do have faults, I try to look past them and enjoy what is underneath, although some games are just bad.
Looking at Other M, you people seriously classify it as a "bad game"? Yes, it did have sub-par storytelling and a soundtrack that didn't hold up to other games in the series, but when you look past that and just enjoy the game, it was pretty fun.
Just because a game has certain faults or fails your expectations does not make it one if the worst games ever.

On topic, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is an atrocious mess that no one should ever have to play. That being said, you really need to play it to understand how terrible it is.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

189. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Damn you people love to hate on Other M. Unlike most people, I try not to look at games with a critical standpoint and just try to enjoy them. When games do have faults, I try to look past them and enjoy what is underneath, although some games are just bad.
Looking at Other M, you people seriously classify it as a "bad game"? Yes, it did have sub-par storytelling and a soundtrack that didn't hold up to other games in the series, but when you look past that and just enjoy the game, it was pretty fun.
Just because a game has certain faults or fails your expectations does not make it one if the worst games ever.

On topic, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is an atrocious mess that no one should ever have to play. That being said, you really need to play it to understand how terrible it is.

Well said.
Untitled

Boom. Backlog.
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
Join NintyOnline Forums!
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

190. Posted:

I agree with Pancakes to the extent that he is delicious with syrup looking so critically at a game is kind of a waste of energy. I know people who love to look at games through a microscope and expose every single flaw a game has. They are the most boring people I have ever met. There's no need to focus on every little flaw of a game. Not saying you have to love every game, but if there's some fun to be had may as well try to enjoy it for that. If there's not, then just get rid of it, maybe give it to someone else who'd like it, sell it, or whatever, and move on. Focusing one's energy on hating a game won't solve anything. It won't get your time back. It won't erase your memories of the game. All it will do is keep you as frustrated when you're no longer playing the game as you were when you were playing it. Might as well put your energies towards something useful, including, but not limited to, playing a game you're more likely to enjoy.

Just some advice for those having trouble letting go. I know I was among them at one point. I'm only speaking from experience.

P.S. This doesn't apply to reviewers, whose job it is to be critical, but I don't think anyone posting in this thread is a reviewer, so yeah.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Austroid

191. Posted:

DarkKnight wrote:

No I agree. This is a terrible, dreadfully boring topic. But your line of thinking doesn't hold up for two reasons. First off, a synonym of universally is generally. That is the context in which I have most often seen it used (especially in regards to criticism), and the context in which I have been using it the entire time. I'm saying you can't even say that Other M was hated by the majority of the people who played it (if in fact you are; I know Chrono was at one point). Second, I'm a counterpoint to your second point as I loved Other M, and like I said I wasn't at all a fan of the series before playing it.

I never did say I thought it was universally hated. Universally's definition is "affecting the entire world or all within the world; worldwide." Which Other M did do in a way, it polarizied Metroid fans into two opposing sides, which is something thats never happened to the fanbase itself before. More power to you if you became a fan after playing it, I just can't fathom how Other M could be the game that gripped you though.

CapnPancakez wrote:

I did try to enjoy it, I tried to accept it days after beating it. I couldn't and I never will. Its a mockery of a classic franchise that was injected with too much negatives and buried the handful of positives under a pile of garbage. Do I need to point out that literally every new Metroid entry 1uped itself? Or that each game added more to it than the last? Other M was a huge step backward. Again I have to point out that something being one of the "worst games" is a matter of opinion, not whether or not its playable, or shovelware.

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike." -George Lucas

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

192. Posted:

I recall some fans being polerized over Metroid Fusion before Other M came out. Just saying.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Sprite

193. Posted:

Flashlight, the game you can do the same by turning up the screen brightness.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage

Austroid

194. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I recall some fans being polerized over Metroid Fusion before Other M came out. Just saying.

Thats also another thing I can't believe regarding Other M. Its literally Fusion being retold, but taking place before it in the timeline. Both take place on an abandoned reseach station, both involve Samus's relationship with Adam/A.D.A.M., both have Nightmare as a boss and a Ridley reincarnation, both have the "shocking" discovery that Metroids are being created in secret at the research station.

When you put them in chronological order it looks like a terible reharsh, kind of like when George Lucas added all the memorable scenes from the OT into the Prequels, except it looked like he was just being lazy and decided to make it like a "history repeats itself" sort of thing.

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike." -George Lucas

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

Gioku

195. Posted:

Wow, I left this for one day and there's now 10 pages? 0_o How'd that happen? And remember: this isn't just listing bad games (you could go to Wikipedia for that), it's discussing bad games.

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

MarioKenny1992

196. Posted:

cough cough Shadow the Hedgehog cough cough

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny