Forums

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Posts 181 to 200 of 220

SomeBitTripFan

Everything that ever got a 1/10 on this website. Chicken Brutus could produce and endless list of terrible games.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

ThePirateCaptain

Damn you people love to hate on Other M. Unlike most people, I try not to look at games with a critical standpoint and just try to enjoy them. When games do have faults, I try to look past them and enjoy what is underneath, although some games are just bad.
Looking at Other M, you people seriously classify it as a "bad game"? Yes, it did have sub-par storytelling and a soundtrack that didn't hold up to other games in the series, but when you look past that and just enjoy the game, it was pretty fun.
Just because a game has certain faults or fails your expectations does not make it one if the worst games ever.

On topic, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is an atrocious mess that no one should ever have to play. That being said, you really need to play it to understand how terrible it is.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ideal_Hero

CapnPancakez wrote:

Damn you people love to hate on Other M. Unlike most people, I try not to look at games with a critical standpoint and just try to enjoy them. When games do have faults, I try to look past them and enjoy what is underneath, although some games are just bad.
Looking at Other M, you people seriously classify it as a "bad game"? Yes, it did have sub-par storytelling and a soundtrack that didn't hold up to other games in the series, but when you look past that and just enjoy the game, it was pretty fun.
Just because a game has certain faults or fails your expectations does not make it one if the worst games ever.

On topic, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is an atrocious mess that no one should ever have to play. That being said, you really need to play it to understand how terrible it is.

Well said.
Untitled

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

CanisWolfred

I agree with Pancakes to the extent that he is delicious with syrup looking so critically at a game is kind of a waste of energy. I know people who love to look at games through a microscope and expose every single flaw a game has. They are the most boring people I have ever met. There's no need to focus on every little flaw of a game. Not saying you have to love every game, but if there's some fun to be had may as well try to enjoy it for that. If there's not, then just get rid of it, maybe give it to someone else who'd like it, sell it, or whatever, and move on. Focusing one's energy on hating a game won't solve anything. It won't get your time back. It won't erase your memories of the game. All it will do is keep you as frustrated when you're no longer playing the game as you were when you were playing it. Might as well put your energies towards something useful, including, but not limited to, playing a game you're more likely to enjoy.

Just some advice for those having trouble letting go. I know I was among them at one point. I'm only speaking from experience.

P.S. This doesn't apply to reviewers, whose job it is to be critical, but I don't think anyone posting in this thread is a reviewer, so yeah.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

PanicPuppet

DarkKnight wrote:

No I agree. This is a terrible, dreadfully boring topic. But your line of thinking doesn't hold up for two reasons. First off, a synonym of universally is generally. That is the context in which I have most often seen it used (especially in regards to criticism), and the context in which I have been using it the entire time. I'm saying you can't even say that Other M was hated by the majority of the people who played it (if in fact you are; I know Chrono was at one point). Second, I'm a counterpoint to your second point as I loved Other M, and like I said I wasn't at all a fan of the series before playing it.

I never did say I thought it was universally hated. Universally's definition is "affecting the entire world or all within the world; worldwide." Which Other M did do in a way, it polarizied Metroid fans into two opposing sides, which is something thats never happened to the fanbase itself before. More power to you if you became a fan after playing it, I just can't fathom how Other M could be the game that gripped you though.

CapnPancakez wrote:

I did try to enjoy it, I tried to accept it days after beating it. I couldn't and I never will. Its a mockery of a classic franchise that was injected with too much negatives and buried the handful of positives under a pile of garbage. Do I need to point out that literally every new Metroid entry 1uped itself? Or that each game added more to it than the last? Other M was a huge step backward. Again I have to point out that something being one of the "worst games" is a matter of opinion, not whether or not its playable, or shovelware.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Sprite

Flashlight, the game you can do the same by turning up the screen brightness.

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

PanicPuppet

CanisWolfred wrote:

I recall some fans being polerized over Metroid Fusion before Other M came out. Just saying.

Thats also another thing I can't believe regarding Other M. Its literally Fusion being retold, but taking place before it in the timeline. Both take place on an abandoned reseach station, both involve Samus's relationship with Adam/A.D.A.M., both have Nightmare as a boss and a Ridley reincarnation, both have the "shocking" discovery that Metroids are being created in secret at the research station.

When you put them in chronological order it looks like a terible reharsh, kind of like when George Lucas added all the memorable scenes from the OT into the Prequels, except it looked like he was just being lazy and decided to make it like a "history repeats itself" sort of thing.

PanicPuppet

sugarpixel

Wow, I left this for one day and there's now 10 pages? 0_o How'd that happen? And remember: this isn't just listing bad games (you could go to Wikipedia for that), it's discussing bad games.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

MarioKenny1992

cough cough Shadow the Hedgehog cough cough

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

gcunit

Ok, so I did a search, found this in General, 5 years dead, but no point in starting a new thread, is there?

Reason I was searching was because I have a new contender: Hot Wheels - World's Best Driver on the Wii U. It came in a bundle with a used Wii U I've just bought.

So I set the Wii U up and popped the disc in to try it out. Load up and initial menus seemed acceptable. Went to the first Event, which was a test on a motorbike, riding round a narrow elevated track, with the idea of navigating obstacles within a time limit.

I started, got to the first bend, fell off. Got back on, fell off. Got back on, fell off. Got put back in front of an obstacle, hit it... got knocked off. Timer ran out... I'd passed the test!

The steering, acceleration and braking controls are SOOO bad - they're laggy, and the steering seems to only be able to interpret your inputs as a tiny tap or a near 90 degree turn. Looked at the Controls menu... no options to adjust.

The only reason I'll ever play this again is if I want to make a video to show how bad it is.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit Thanks for reminding me why I never buy shovelware.

Octane

gcunit

@Octane I wouldn't say this one is obviously shovelware though, not from the outside. The box art looks decent enough, the loading screens and menus are fine. I can see why someone would buy this in the hope of a fun arcade driving experience. Poor sods - no wonder they sold their barely used Wii U and Pro Controller to me for peanuts

Skimming the NL review (https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/hot_wheels_worlds_best_driver) though, I think 3/10 is too generous.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit Those are the worst! If you're not putting enough effort into making the game, and polishing it, don't put any effort into the box art. Makes it easier for me to tell

Octane

LuckyLand

The first game that comes to my mind is Fragile Farewell ruins of the moon. Worst level design I've ever seen (even some fan made games are better), completely useless rpg mechanics (the game is short, enemies are few and scattered troughout the stages with no apparent reason), gameplay is slow and boring but the bad level design and out of place mechanics would have make it seem boring even if it wasn't. However, it IS boring. Level design is not just bad but don't even makes sense often. The zones you can explore are few and rather small, I remember there are two different zones one next to the other, ther is no day/night cycle and in one of those two zones it is always night, in the other one it is always daytime (or evening, I don't remember exactly but you clearly notice how stupid it looks). The plot is stupid and don't really makes any sense. The protagonist gets pathetically emotional for stupid things, I also remember once you read a memory of somebody who feel ashamed for having named his videogame character AAA instead of finding him a better name. The game always throw at you stupid nonsense like this.
This game reminds me of all the reasons I dislike Silent Hill 3, except this one is even worse and has even more flaws. I'm not 100% sure but it is probably the worst game I've ever played.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Anti-Matter

All Rated M games are Garbage, Rubbish, Toxin, Dangerous things in Universe.
Not even a 0/10 score, but -∞/10.
The Worst, The Most Disgusting things from the Bottomless Abyss of Hell !!

Anti-Matter

LuckyLand

Anti-Matter wrote:

-∞/10.

I don't know exactly why but this makes me laugh so hard lol

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.