Forums

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Posts 141 to 160 of 220

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

...Anything else that's not GameFAQs.

I give you a random, reliable source, and it's not enough. Explore on your own. I'm not your chaperone.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Odnetnin

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm not sure who said "universally hated" as I can't find what post I said that in ( I don't think I did), but universally is a big word meaning a big thing. I said majority and the GameFaqs board is a great example of this.

@DarkKnight

Looking at the first page of a dead board only indicates that the people who loved the game are still around along with hard headed haters. The user reviews are a great indication of my point.

The majority of people who played it, thoroughly disliked Other M.

I was assuming the whole time that by universally we meant majority, as of course there's bound to be a fair amount of people with contrary opinions about everything.

Using the score you provided, it doesn't look like the majority thoroughly disliked it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

You might want to double check your definition of universally...

And while it wasn't explicit, it was implied that a vast majority - "The Gaming community at large" - consider the game to be among the worst imaginable. While I still think that's a stupid restriction to make, it is there. It still doesn't sound like that many people hate it that much.

I'm getting tired of this, though. I think I'll go make the thread that should've been made. I think it's been at least 6 months since we've last had it...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

moomoo wrote:

The majority of people who bought the game aren't on message boards. They play it, think what they think on it, and move on. It's pretty hard to honestly say that more than 50% of people disliked a video game when we only have the paltry responces of a few thosand at best.

However, when user reviews are at 6.7 (meaning better than mediocre) then it's pretty hard to say that it's hated by the general gaming community.

I posted a source of a gaming community that caters towards the negative side of the game's reception. There's no way to survey every person who played the game, so there's that.

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm not sure who said "universally hated" as I can't find what post I said that in ( I don't think I did), but universally is a big word meaning a big thing. I said majority and the GameFaqs board is a great example of this.

@DarkKnight

Looking at the first page of a dead board only indicates that the people who loved the game are still around along with hard headed haters. The user reviews are a great indication of my point.

The majority of people who played it, thoroughly disliked Other M.

The majority of people who bought the game aren't on message boards. They play it, think what they think on it, and move on. It's pretty hard to honestly say that more than 50% of people disliked a video game when we only have the paltry responces of a few thosand at best.

However, when user reviews are at 6.7 (meaning better than mediocre) then it's pretty hard to say that it's hated by the general gaming community.

that's kinda stupid logic since the majority of people don't care enough to give their opinion on many things on the internet.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rayword45

When the most negative average is a 6.7, that's not horrible. That's not among the worst at all.

Star Fox fans would probably put Assault (which direly needs a 3DS remake with better controls) among the worst, or even Adventures, but the reviews for both were middling-to-positive.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

tl;dr version of the thread, people defending Metroid Other M without looking at valid reasons people hate it are equally as stupid as people assuming it objectively is all that awful beyond the story

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Odnetnin

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tl;dr version of the thread, people defending Metroid Other M without looking at valid reasons people hate it are equally as stupid as people assuming it objectively is all that awful beyond the story

I think you might have a point in there but the lack of punctuation is making it hard for me to understand it.

Edit: Dang it, I double-posted. I was hoping that wouldn't happen.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews

PanicPuppet

All of this comes back to the fact that a game doesn't need to have a 1.0 score, or be glitchy, or have bad graphics, etc. to be considered among the worst games ever made.

PanicPuppet

kkslider5552000

DarkKnight wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think you might have a point in there but the lack of punctuation is making it hard for me to understand it.

Grammar and punctuation are not my biggest strengths I guess. Or bothering to use it to be exact.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Chrono_Cross

DarkKnight wrote:

Using the score you provided, it doesn't look like the majority thoroughly disliked it.

Not everyone posted their opinion in a review format, though. I counted 33 reviews that were above a 7/10. I rounded the 6.7 up to a 7 and went on from there. So a little under 2/3 of those dedicated gamers, wrote a review of an average score or lower.

Now the reception in its entirety is a whole different story. We would have to read every topic and take notes of every type of response in order to get the answer we're looking for. I'm not sure about you, but that doesn't sound fun.

Austroid wrote:

All of this comes back to the fact that a game doesn't need to have a 1.0 score, or be glitchy, or have bad graphics, etc. to be considered among the worst games ever made.

Right. You and I (and many others), found Other M to be very disappointing and poorly developed. So much that we find it to be a terrible game. That's it. lol

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Odnetnin

Austroid wrote:

True, but under the rules of this thread it does have to be universally hated (or as Chrono would have it, "hated by the majority"), which is what we're debating.

Six word TV reviews

PanicPuppet

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not everyone posted their opinion in a review format, though. I counted 33 reviews that were above a 7/10. I rounded the 6.7 up to a 7 and went on from there. So a little under 2/3 of those dedicated gamers, wrote a review of an average score or lower.

Now the reception in its entirety is a whole different story. We would have to read every topic and take notes of every type of response in order to get the answer we're looking for. I'm not sure about you, but that doesn't sound fun.

There's also the possibility of people that make puppet accounts in order to rank something up. One reason I hate any form of voting on the internet.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

moomoo

Austroid wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

There's also the possibility of people that make puppet accounts in order to rank something up. One reason I hate any form of voting on the internet.

The exact same could be said towards hating it. People likely did it for Mass Effect 3 and DMC.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Odnetnin

Chrono_Cross wrote:

DarkKnight wrote:

Austroid wrote:

Right. You and I (and many others), found Other M to be very disappointing and poorly developed. So much that we find it to be a terrible game. That's it. lol

You're right, it doesn't sound fun. Which is why I stated I think it's nigh-impossible to prove whether it was hated by the general gaming community. Agreed with you there. All you've proven is that more people in that thread hated the game than didn't. Also not sure why you brought up the 6.7 in the first place if you're now saying it's not important.

You and he and many others find it to be a terrible game. That is a proven fact. That in and of itself, however, doesn't means it's one of the worst games of all time.

Six word TV reviews

retired_account

Re: Other M: It lacked everything I love about Metroid. In addition to that I thought it was just a repetitive, mindless action game with a terribly presented story. If I rated it I'd give it a 5 or 6/10.

retired_account

Klimbatize

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

PanicPuppet

DarkKnight wrote:

True, but under the rules of this thread it does have to be universally hated (or as Chrono would have it, "hated by the majority"), which is what we're debating.

Well, then they've all been listed already within the first few pages. Obviously Other M wasn't universally hated; there's always going to be the type of fans who will love anything with their favorite brand/series posted on it. Like people who still play and 'love' the recent Final Fantasy entries.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Odnetnin

pixelman wrote:

Re: Other M: It lacked everything I love about Metroid. In addition to that I thought it was just a repetitive, mindless action game with a terribly presented story. If I rated it I'd give it a 5 or 6/10.

I'm assuming that's your objective critic side, as to hear you tell it the game is so bad it should've never existed.

Six word TV reviews

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.