General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Showing 121 to 140 of 196

AuthorMessage

LightSuitGuy

121. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

It's just that these are incredibly menial complaints. It's almost as extreme as say, the people who complained about Sonic 4 before it came out because of his eye color, or those who complained about Sonic Colors for the name.

Hardly, and please don't compare Metroid fans to Sonic ones. The Sonic fanbase has always been messed up and will never universally like the next game. Other M did MUCH more than something like ruin the color of Samus's eyes.

(But the title is terrible.)

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4

AuthorMessage

rayword45

122. Posted:

Quick google search, and these are the 4 most common results (mostly the last one)

-It's a good game, just not a good Metroid game (usually something about being too linear). Oh, and the story sucks.
-I thought the game was really bland and the control were clunky. Oh, and the story sucks.
-I really liked the game, I thought it was flawed but it was really enjoyable. Oh, and the story sucks.
-HOLY F*** WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SAMU- Gameplay? What is gameplay?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Mr-Mario

123. Posted:

That is total nonsense to hate the game because of the name One reason SuperMeatBoy didnt have as many hits as it should have would it launched on Xbox

Mr-Mario{proud sponser of Converse Club} loves being friends with people
MY 3ds FC: 2079-6202-1862

My Mario Kart Wii FC: 0990-6884-6740

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

124. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Mr-Mario wrote:

Total BS Ninjabread Man would pis all over Other M. Other M stinks and thats final

This is the guy you can't take seriously and must, therefore, tolerate. Ignore.

Also, am I the only one who found the side characters uninteresting and unnecessary? Like Anthony, he had no backstory explained and when he died, I felt no sympathy. The others, moreso.

I thought his death was funny. You have the random guy who knows Samus and is always randomly showing up to help or something, then he just gets killed by Ridley. Randomly, naturally. If it was supposed to be emotional (I'm sure it was), it failed completely, though. The others were even more generic than him and thus more boring, though I sort of enjoyed that one of them was a traitor the whole time and was slowly killing off the others, And Then There Were None-style. That's what I'm talking about when I say it had a cheesy sc-fi horror vibe at times.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

125. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Seriously people look up the Extra Credits episode on it if you want an intelligent counterargument instead of the people who complain about the story while apparently missing why it doesn't work.

That was a very informative video, but now I want Nintendo feature a game on how Mario and Peach first met...

Wait, did they already do that in Partners in Time?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

126. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Seriously people look up the Extra Credits episode on it if you want an intelligent counterargument instead of the people who complain about the story while apparently missing why it doesn't work.

That was a very informative video, but now I want Nintendo feature a game on how Mario and Peach first met...

Wait, did they already do that in Partners in Time?

they were babies and it seems like they knew each other.

Also thank you for reminding me of Baby Peach making my ears bleed.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

127. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DarkKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Not that weird, Revelations was nominated for a best story award. For obvious reasons Video Game stories are like movies. No matter how bad almost everyone finds them you'll find at least one fan (yes, even Uwe Boll).

Yeah, I tend to enjoy terrible, terrible stories if they're endearingly so (see: Green Lantern, FlashForward).

I didn't even notice Green Lanturn had a terrible story. It wouldn't surprise me, but I didn't notice.

There were so many things wrong with it, including the fact that the ring thought Ryan Reynolds was the only human being qualified to wear it, so it flew over to him, trapped him in a giant green bubble, and took him to the first Green Lantern. That and the bad guy's head kept inexplicably and hilariously getting bigger.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

moomoo

128. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960554-metroid-other-m

Here you go moomoo. Two years of fighting and arguing. There's a few polls on the first few pages to give you a better example of my point.

Hm, let's see...
"Wow, this game still in top 10! Suck it up, admit it, it's a great game."
"I actually liked the gameplay in this a little."
A quick user review giving it an 8.5
A mixed poll.

People are arguing over the quality of the game. It's not universally hated. At all. My point still stands. It's not a universally hated game by any stretch of the imagination.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Mr-Mario

129. Posted:

"One big S◆◆◆ cube with a story line of mario. how fun" is wat mark from boston says about supermeatboy

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

130. Posted:

The first poll is not mixed as most of the voters, voted on the negative half.

"The worst Metroid game. And that includes the original and Prime: Hunters.

Broken gameplay mechanics and terrible level design warrant it being bad. Also, I'm guessing you're a 12 year old boy.

But Other M has horrible balance, horrible level design, and mediocre controls."

And there's even a topic saying: The hate for Metroid: Other M

My point stands as well. Also, notice the discussion going on, on the board. Sort of clarfies my point. (Let alone that board is nearly dead and has a publicly known reputation.)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

LightSuitGuy

131. Posted:

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

132. Posted:

One poll (or for that matter, a dozen polls) isn't enough to prove definitively that Other M was universally hated.

The best proof I've seen for either side of the argument is this thread, in which some of us hate it and some of don't. Doesn't sound like [insert universally hated game here] to me.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

133. Posted:

The reader review average is 6.7/10 out of 82 reviews. That is also worth noting.

Not exactly flourishing with praise.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

134. Posted:

Personally, I wouldn't use GameFAQs as a good indicator of whether or not everyone hates a game anymore than I would use 4Chan to gauge how much American hate a certain Anime. Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board, and yes, that means it's worse than IGN.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

135. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The reader review average is 6.7/10 out of 82 reviews. That is also worth noting.

Not exactly flourishing with hate. A decidedly average, mediocre, lukewarm score, in fact.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Mr-Mario

136. Posted:

Chrono try 14

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

137. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't use GameFAQs as a good indicator of whether or not everyone hates a game anymore than I would use 4Chan to gauge how much American hate Anime. Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board, and yes, that means it's worse than IGN.

What would you use as a good indicator? This isn't directed at you, but I'm trying to raise the question of whether we even have one.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

138. Posted:

...Anything else that's not GameFAQs. Seriously. I've been to a lot of forums. They still take the freakin' cake.

DarkKnight wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not exactly flourishing with hate. A decidedly average, mediocre, lukewarm score, in fact.

Agreed. If it was, like an average 3.2, I'd see it, but a 6.7? That's pretty good for a game that's supposedly "divisive"...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Swiket

139. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board

Wait, are we talking about GameFAQs or 4chan here?

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

140. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board

Wait, are we talking about GameFAQs or 4chan here?

GameFAQs. But 4Chan's far worse, don't get me wrong. But they're not necessarily a video game forum. They're an Japanese culture Image board.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~