Forums

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Posts 121 to 140 of 220

Odnetnin

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Mr-Mario wrote:

Total BS Ninjabread Man would pis all over Other M. Other M stinks and thats final

This is the guy you can't take seriously and must, therefore, tolerate. Ignore.

Also, am I the only one who found the side characters uninteresting and unnecessary? Like Anthony, he had no backstory explained and when he died, I felt no sympathy. The others, moreso.

I thought his death was funny. You have the random guy who knows Samus and is always randomly showing up to help or something, then he just gets killed by Ridley. Randomly, naturally. If it was supposed to be emotional (I'm sure it was), it failed completely, though. The others were even more generic than him and thus more boring, though I sort of enjoyed that one of them was a traitor the whole time and was slowly killing off the others, And Then There Were None-style. That's what I'm talking about when I say it had a cheesy sc-fi horror vibe at times.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Seriously people look up the Extra Credits episode on it if you want an intelligent counterargument instead of the people who complain about the story while apparently missing why it doesn't work.

That was a very informative video, but now I want Nintendo feature a game on how Mario and Peach first met...

Wait, did they already do that in Partners in Time?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Seriously people look up the Extra Credits episode on it if you want an intelligent counterargument instead of the people who complain about the story while apparently missing why it doesn't work.

That was a very informative video, but now I want Nintendo feature a game on how Mario and Peach first met...

Wait, did they already do that in Partners in Time?

they were babies and it seems like they knew each other.

Also thank you for reminding me of Baby Peach making my ears bleed.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Odnetnin

CanisWolfred wrote:

DarkKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Not that weird, Revelations was nominated for a best story award. For obvious reasons Video Game stories are like movies. No matter how bad almost everyone finds them you'll find at least one fan (yes, even Uwe Boll).

Yeah, I tend to enjoy terrible, terrible stories if they're endearingly so (see: Green Lantern, FlashForward).

I didn't even notice Green Lanturn had a terrible story. It wouldn't surprise me, but I didn't notice.

There were so many things wrong with it, including the fact that the ring thought Ryan Reynolds was the only human being qualified to wear it, so it flew over to him, trapped him in a giant green bubble, and took him to the first Green Lantern. That and the bad guy's head kept inexplicably and hilariously getting bigger.

Six word TV reviews

moomoo

Chrono_Cross wrote:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960554-metroid-other-m

Here you go moomoo. Two years of fighting and arguing. There's a few polls on the first few pages to give you a better example of my point.

Hm, let's see...
"Wow, this game still in top 10! Suck it up, admit it, it's a great game."
"I actually liked the gameplay in this a little."
A quick user review giving it an 8.5
A mixed poll.

People are arguing over the quality of the game. It's not universally hated. At all. My point still stands. It's not a universally hated game by any stretch of the imagination.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Mr-Mario

"One big S◆◆◆ cube with a story line of mario. how fun" is wat mark from boston says about supermeatboy

Mr-Mario{proud sponser of Converse Club} loves being friends with people
MY 3ds FC: 2079-6202-1862

My Mario Kart Wii FC: 0990-6884-6740

Chrono_Cross

The first poll is not mixed as most of the voters, voted on the negative half.

"The worst Metroid game. And that includes the original and Prime: Hunters.

Broken gameplay mechanics and terrible level design warrant it being bad. Also, I'm guessing you're a 12 year old boy.

But Other M has horrible balance, horrible level design, and mediocre controls."

And there's even a topic saying: The hate for Metroid: Other M

My point stands as well. Also, notice the discussion going on, on the board. Sort of clarfies my point. (Let alone that board is nearly dead and has a publicly known reputation.)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Odnetnin

One poll (or for that matter, a dozen polls) isn't enough to prove definitively that Other M was universally hated.

The best proof I've seen for either side of the argument is this thread, in which some of us hate it and some of don't. Doesn't sound like [insert universally hated game here] to me.

Six word TV reviews

Chrono_Cross

The reader review average is 6.7/10 out of 82 reviews. That is also worth noting.

Not exactly flourishing with praise.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Personally, I wouldn't use GameFAQs as a good indicator of whether or not everyone hates a game anymore than I would use 4Chan to gauge how much American hate a certain Anime. Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board, and yes, that means it's worse than IGN.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mr-Mario

Chrono try 14

Mr-Mario{proud sponser of Converse Club} loves being friends with people
MY 3ds FC: 2079-6202-1862

My Mario Kart Wii FC: 0990-6884-6740

Odnetnin

CanisWolfred wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't use GameFAQs as a good indicator of whether or not everyone hates a game anymore than I would use 4Chan to gauge how much American hate Anime. Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board, and yes, that means it's worse than IGN.

What would you use as a good indicator? This isn't directed at you, but I'm trying to raise the question of whether we even have one.

Six word TV reviews

CanisWolfred

...Anything else that's not GameFAQs. Seriously. I've been to a lot of forums. They still take the freakin' cake.

DarkKnight wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The reader review average is 6.7/10 out of 82 reviews. That is also worth noting.

Not exactly flourishing with hate. A decidedly average, mediocre, lukewarm score, in fact.

Agreed. If it was, like an average 3.2, I'd see it, but a 6.7? That's pretty good for a game that's supposedly "divisive"...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Swiket wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Biggest collection of trolls, jerkwads, and haters I've ever seen on a video game board

Wait, are we talking about GameFAQs or 4chan here?

GameFAQs. But 4Chan's far worse, don't get me wrong. But they're not necessarily a video game forum. They're an Japanese culture Image board.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

I'm not sure who said "universally hated" as I can't find what post I said that in ( I don't think I did), but universally is a big word meaning a big thing. I said majority and the GameFaqs board is a great example of this.

@DarkKnight

Looking at the first page of a dead board only indicates that the people who loved the game are still around along with hard headed haters. The user reviews are a great indication of my point.

The majority of people who played it, thoroughly disliked Other M.

Just for you.

rayword45

6.7 isn't majority disliked. That's still a passing grade.

And I'd argue that at least half of the negative reviews didn't even talk about gameplay before going in and reading anything, but that's not worth arguing.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

moomoo

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm not sure who said "universally hated" as I can't find what post I said that in ( I don't think I did), but universally is a big word meaning a big thing. I said majority and the GameFaqs board is a great example of this.

@DarkKnight

Looking at the first page of a dead board only indicates that the people who loved the game are still around along with hard headed haters. The user reviews are a great indication of my point.

The majority of people who played it, thoroughly disliked Other M.

The majority of people who bought the game aren't on message boards. They play it, think what they think on it, and move on. It's pretty hard to honestly say that more than 50% of people disliked a video game when we only have the paltry responces of a few thosand at best.

However, when user reviews are at 6.7 (meaning better than mediocre) then it's pretty hard to say that it's hated by the general gaming community.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Odnetnin

CanisWolfred wrote:

...Anything else that's not GameFAQs. Seriously. I've been to a lot of forums. They still take the freakin' cake.

DarkKnight wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not exactly flourishing with hate. A decidedly average, mediocre, lukewarm score, in fact.

Agreed. If it was, like an average 3.2, I'd see it, but a 6.7? That's pretty good for a game that's supposedly "divisive"...

Never been to GameFAQs, so I didn't know it was really that bad. My point is there's no Metacritic for the gaming community, so I'd argue we don't have any means to definitely judge the popular opinion.

Also, my (utterly unfounded) theory is that it is actually quite divisive, but the people who love it balance out the people who hate it, thus the lukewarm average.

Six word TV reviews

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.