Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2014 - MGO 3 Debuts! Zelda U footage! Mario Maker trailer!

Posts 1 to 20 of 188

Punished_Boss_84

Untitled
Do you remember that abomination called VGX? Yeah forget that. This event which is replacing the VGX, itself replacing the VGAs is set to debut in December.

Former Pizza Hut man, Reggie of Nintendo of America will be there.

“The Game Awards 2014 will celebrate our collective love of games and the passion we all hold in our hearts for this incredible entertainment medium,” said Keighley, in a statement. “Gaming has never been stronger, and this year we will recognize the fastest-selling launch year in history for new game consoles, the rise of eSports and mobile gaming around the globe, and preview the games that will make 2015 the biggest year yet.” Public tickets for the awards will be available for sale via TicketMaster on Tuesday, November 11

So are you game? Is your body reggie?

Edit:

"The Game Awards 2014 starts at 6pm PST/9pm EST/2am UK, and can be watched through Steam, PSN, Wii U, Xbox Live, YouTube and Twitch" Source: http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/05/the-game-awards-2014-friday-d...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqDS7KWjAPKv-7ZSlro9OiQ

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

NintendoFan64

I haven't seen VGX, but from what I've heard I'm glad I didn't. Then again I don't really watch award shows. Anyways I'm gonna give this the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the awards will be given to games that truly deserve them, and not just games that were over-hyped this year...yeah, right. Still, it might not be so bad...I hope.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Captain_Toad

I have no hope for this after what they did for VGX, 3 hours i'll never get back........

i'll give it a shot....

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Dave24

It's an easy choice, actually - totally nobody cares about Smash, so of course everyone will be watching this instead, especially after last year extraboringnanza

Dave24

Blast

That description of the show literally sounds horrible to me. They're just gonna overhype more Western games.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

Blast wrote:

That description of the show literally sounds horrible to me. They're just gonna overhype more Western games.

Or possibly the same Western games as last year, GTA V for PS4/XB1 will more than likely be at least a part focus of the show.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

These award shows really just feel like glorified advertisements. We already know which games will win all of the awards - the ones that had the highest marketing budgets. Watch_Dogs, Destiny, etc, etc.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shy_Guy

These award shows are terrible,all they talk about is Western games. What about Japaneses games? Last year was so bad! Watch Angry Joe Show review about it, He'll tell you how bad it was

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Haven't they renamed this show like ten times now? Also are these awards considered an industry standard for anything?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Punished_Boss_84

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Haven't they renamed this show like ten times now? Also are these awards considered an industry standard for anything?

They'll keep renaming it to deattach themselves from the horrible PR those events attracted.

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

Yoshi_Prime

Maybe it'll actually be enjoyable, but I don't really enjoy award shows of any kind. Pass.

Yoshi_Prime

shingi_70

Shy_Guy wrote:

These award shows are terrible,all they talk about is Western games. What about Japaneses games? Last year was so bad! Watch Angry Joe Show review about it, He'll tell you how bad it was

The Japanese market with the expection of Nintendo and few others have become incredibly niche.,Look at how much more output the western brach of square has comapred to the Japanese side.

@Punished_Boss_84 @Ryu_Niiyama

The awards only had one name change, and it was only changed from VGA to VGX to commerate 10 years of the show. If your going to hate on something, please at least be bothered to have the facts.

Anyway as for the actual event i'm game, I look at these being the MTV movie awards of the game industry while DICE is more of the oscars. The press release should give you an indication of who may have reveals.

Microsoft - Battletoads
Nintendo - Trailer for Star Fox, Project Robot, and Project Guard
Sony - The first teaser for the WPRG from Guerrilla Games
Konami - A new trailer for Metal Gear cause they sure as hell don't make anything else these days.
Electronic Arts -Gameplay for Battlefront
Vavle - Half- life 3 haha
Warner Bros - Open World Harry Potter Universe RPG

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Punished_Boss_84

The internet needs a sarcasm/not serious button, yesterday.

Grumblevolcano

Why no Yoshi from Nintendo

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dave24

shingi_70 wrote:

Warner Bros - trailer/playable demo of Arkham Knight

Fixed that for you

Battletoads though... as much as I liked the series back then, to me it's one of those cases when past is best left where it belongs.

Dave24

iKhan

Captain_Toad wrote:

I have no hope for this after what they did for VGX, 3 hours i'll never get back........

i'll give it a shot....

It's encouraging because Spike TV is no longer involved. They no longer have to hope for a TV audience to tune in anymore.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

It should be noted that The Game Awards 2014 has a board of advisors, unlike the VGX show. Members of the advisory board include Phil Spencer, Shawn Layden (SCEA CEO), Reggie, and other leading members from EA, Ubisoft, Valve, Rockstar, and Kojima Productions. The event will be livestreamed on Xbox Live, PSN, and most likely on various Twitch channels (including Nintendo's). Sounds much more reassuring than the VGX was.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

It should be noted that The Game Awards 2014 has a board of advisors, unlike the VGX show. Members of the advisory board include Phil Spencer, Shawn Layden (SCEA CEO), Reggie, and other leading members from EA, Ubisoft, Valve, Rockstar, and Kojima Productions. The event will be livestreamed on Xbox Live, PSN, and most likely on various Twitch channels (including Nintendo's). Sounds much more reassuring than the VGX was.

That's actually reassuring. Thank you.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

That's also encouraging.

I really hope that some day they can create some sort of team of experts to judge the games. Something like this:

Adam Sessler- Long-time professional game reviewer
Peer Scheider- Co-founder of IGN, and game reviewer
Ben Croshaw- Game reviewer, writer for Zero Punctuation
James Partnow- Game developer, consultant, and writer of Extra Credits
Some high profile reviewer from Famitsu
John Carmack- Creator of Doom, CTO of Oculus.
Yoshiaki Koizumi- Director of Super Mario Galaxy, long time Nintendo developer
Peter Molyneux- Designer of the Fable series
Chris Sawyer- Creator of the Rollercoaster Tycoon and Transport Tycoon series
Jonathan Blow- Creator of Braid and The Witness

A combination of developers and reviewers from across the country and working in different genres and mediums. I'd actually be really excited to see a panel like that. All the panel members I mentioned have what is clearly thorough understanding of either a particular genre or games in general.

And most importantly, industry executives would be prohibited from serving on the panel, even if they used to be developers or reviewers, or if they are retired. So no:
Satoru Iwata
Ken Kutaragi
Gabe Newell
Nolan Bushnell
Phil Spencer
etc.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

I will say, losing Spike is the best thing that could happen. Since Spike mostly exists to be stupid and worthless maybe this will get rid of the stupid and worthless parts of this show.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.