Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2014 - MGO 3 Debuts! Zelda U footage! Mario Maker trailer!

Posts 181 to 188 of 188

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This summed up the year pretty well. Mario Kart and indies being the only pre-Fall games that mattered in the long term.

hey remember when Watch Dogs was the biggest game of the year. I do, so that's one person at least.

Bayonetta 2 lost....

Which is okay because Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor deserved it much more.

TBH, I was expecting Dark Souls to take home the award. From a review standpoint DA and Shadow of Mordor didn't get the overwhelmingly positive reception Dark Souls 2 did.

But I have a hunch as to why they did it. To me, this seems like the Game Industry's attempt to get more serious recognition with a more formal awards ceremony. A big industry draw of an awards show at all is to encourage a certain type of quality game around winter time. So the picked the most recent release.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This summed up the year pretty well. Mario Kart and indies being the only pre-Fall games that mattered in the long term.

hey remember when Watch Dogs was the biggest game of the year. I do, so that's one person at least.

Bayonetta 2 lost....

Which is okay because Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor deserved it much more.

TBH, I was expecting Dark Souls to take home the award. From a review standpoint DA and Shadow of Mordor didn't get the overwhelmingly positive reception Dark Souls 2 did.

But I have a hunch as to why they did it. To me, this seems like the Game Industry's attempt to get more serious recognition with a more formal awards ceremony. A big industry draw of an awards show at all is to encourage a certain type of quality game around winter time. So the picked the most recent release.

Dark Souls 2 was too similar to the first two games, and I expect Bloodborne will have this problem as well.
Bayonetta 2 is similar but its also far two niche, its in their for diversity.
Hearthstone really shouldn't be on the list but thats' just me.

Shadows of Mordor and Dragon Age were the two contenders and Dragon Age is a much better game than Mordor.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CaviarMeths

I think Hearthstone kind of deserves to be there and I'm happy that in 2014, a card game can still be considered one of the best pieces of entertainment of the year. It's a great accomplishment.

And Inquisition had that on lock down when you really think of it. It's a phenomenal example of innovation within a series, plus a huge emphasis on story, characters, and player choice, yeah, of course it won.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RR529

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Im glad I watched just to discover the existence of Monument Valley. I never heard of this game before, it looks amazing.m

Yeah, that game looked awesome. I haven't yet paid for a game on tablet, but that may change since I found out about this.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BetaBugs64

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Im glad I watched just to discover the existence of Monument Valley. I never heard of this game before, it looks amazing.m

Yeah, it's great! I'm not usually into mobile games, but this game is a very charming puzzle game. I'm so glad it was a nominee for both best mobile and best indie!

"Pick a God and pray!"

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3510-4610 | Nintendo Network ID: 3DS-Hylian

Retro_on_theGo

RR529 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Yeah, that game looked awesome. I haven't yet paid for a game on tablet, but that may change since I found out about this.

I think I only have one time before. I looked up the game and it looks like any sales right now until the 8th go to fight AIDS. That's really nice of the developers. I think I'm going to go ahead and pick it up tomorrow. Now it's just a matter of what to download it on. It was made for iPads but I'd rather have it on my phone.

Offolsense

Does anyone know what's up with the psn flash sale they mentioned at the awards? He said "this weekend", but the weekend is halfway over already. Has there ever been a flash sale that started on a Sunday?

Offolsense

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.