Forums

Topic: Spider-Man 4 cancelled, planned reboot for 2012

Posts 21 to 40 of 40

V8_Ninja

Objection_Blaster wrote:

Hmm, I have really mixed feelings about this, as I was very interested in seeing what villian(s) would be in, yet I had a feeling that it wouldn't be as good as the last one which in turn wasn't as good as the last one, etc. But as compelling as a reboot is, I simply cannot stand another superhero origin movie, and hope that they take another approach.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! (To other people: We share the same thoughts on this.)

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CH405K1N6

I'm fairly indifferent... Not sure if the next Spider-man will be good. But I'd love to see what villians they use next.

Uh oh. He's back.

Sylverstone

Swiket wrote:

Not a big deal for any number of reasons. One, they were having significant trouble deciding on a plot, villains and casting for the fourth movie anyway and what they were gunning for sounded... iffy, at best. Two, comic and sci-fi characters and franchises are rebooted, reimagined and "taken in a new direction" all the time; reboots did wonders for Batman, the Incredible Hulk and Star Trek in their respective film iterations. Three, Brian Michael Bendis has had otherworldly success with Ultimate Spider-Man - essentially the same setting they want to use in this rebooted film - in the last decade or so; it can be done and done very well under the right creative mind(s).

No problem with this at all. Just do it right.

Just make it right and fans will be happy.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

kevohki

NO!

This is too soon and I was looking forward to the Vulture, the Lizard, and (hopefully) Mysterio! Also, this probably means Venom is cancelled, since Spider-Man has apparently never met him yet. I will not see this if it has the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, the Sandman, or Venom.

The Venom movie is still on for now. It's being produced by Disney. I pray for it's cancellation.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

shingi_70

Swiket wrote:

Not a big deal for any number of reasons. One, they were having significant trouble deciding on a plot, villains and casting for the fourth movie anyway and what they were gunning for sounded... iffy, at best. Two, comic and sci-fi characters and franchises are rebooted, reimagined and "taken in a new direction" all the time; reboots did wonders for Batman, the Incredible Hulk and Star Trek in their respective film iterations. Three, Brian Michael Bendis has had otherworldly success with Ultimate Spider-Man - essentially the same setting they want to use in this rebooted film - in the last decade or so; it can be done and done very well under the right creative mind(s).

No problem with this at all. Just do it right.

A brain Michael Bendis written movie would be awsome better then the non superhero crap Mark Millars makin now and days. But i just want a show based around the Runaways- part gossip girl part avengers all awesome.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Machu

As with every other reboot... stupid idea!!!

I really liked the first 2 movies, the second one in particular was pretty faultless. The third one sucked, and I lost interest. Just make a TV series instead, reboot idea is dumb. waaaah, i give up, lets try again, waaah

Rawr!

the_shpydar

I'm mixed on this; i love Spidey and the first 2 movies were awesome (esp. the 2nd, one of the best comics movies out there). But the studio execs are more than half to blame for the lackluster 3rd film, forcing Venom in a movie that wasn't originally intended to have him. Apparently they were doing the same thing for the 4th movie, trying to force things in that Raimi knew wouldn't work with the film (too many villans, etc), and i think Sam just finally got fed up with the conflicts.

Only reasons for a quick reboot would be if Sony wants to keep their license to use Spidey (which may be contingent on there being a 4th film), or if/when the rights revert to Marvel, rebooting the franchise to bring it in line with the other Marvel-films-universe.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

derk711

horrible films... so horrible i had to sacrifice a goat to stop them... (rubbing my hands together... good... good..)

derk711

Machu

Swiket wrote:

The Dark Knight?

You've got me there, Batman Begins and it's sequel are way better than any previous version. One of the rare reboots that worked, and I am grateful we got some serious Bat action.

/me tries to think of more awesome reboots

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Sean_Aaron

I thought Iron Man nailed it. An origin film doesn't have to be boring and it doesn't need to have two or three villains in it. I really don't understand the desire to shoehorn extra villains into these films. If you want another one in then put in a minor one who only had one appearance in a single issue -- don't short change the character and the film by downgrading a major villain just because you think one isn't enough!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Link79

This sucks. I'm rather annoyed by this. It's too soon for a reboot to Spider-man. The original was perfect. I really doubt this will be as good a reboot as Batman begins. What a bunch of BS! I was really looking forward to seeing Tobey and kirsten return. Now I have nothing to hope for. Damn sad news.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Knux

I actually like the three Spider Man films. I think this reboot will be epic fail. But, i hope the new film wil be good.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

the_shpydar

I liked Tobey in the films; he nailed Peter Parker, which is more important (as pretty much anybody can put on tights and loop one-liner dialogue). That really was what was great about the first two films -- and Raimi understood this -- is that they really focused on Peter.

Kirsten Dunst was okay -- probably not the best choice for MJ, but given MJ's limited role in the films, she was a fair choice. James Franco was excellently cast as Harry (even if he was overwritten at times), but Franco is just a good, underrated actor in general.

The real worst part of it is -- no more gratuitous Bruce Campbell cameos!

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

M00se

yeah they gonna keep j jonah jameson

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

the_shpydar

Oh yeah, JK Simmons IS Jonah. When he first came on screen, it was totally a "holy ****!" moment at how perfectly a comic character could be portrayed if given to the right actor.

The Shpydarloggery

HiroshiYamauchi

I don't care, never liked American Superheroes. It would be better if they make a Chapulín Colorado movie, that would be awesome...

HiroshiYamauchi

Ninten

You know, I thought Spider-Man 3 sucked. And I've seen it TWO times in the cinema.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

Sylverstone

Ninten wrote:

You know, I thought Spider-Man 3 sucked. And I've seen it TWO times in the cinema.

Compared to the first two, somehow I keep avoiding the 3rd movie for some strange reason. I liked it a bit, but I was waiting for the fourth to redeem it, and now I have to wait 2 more years for a reboot....

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

the_shpydar

@Sylverstone:
Same here regarding 3. I'll watch the first 2 pretty much anytime they're on cable or TV, but 3, not so much aside from a scene here and there. It had goodness, but it was a film that was clearly mangled from whatever it was originally intended to be.

Between this news and the uncertainty of whether there will be a new season of the animated Spectacular Spider-Man, poor Spidey's been getting the shaft!

The Shpydarloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.