Forums

Topic: Spider-Man 4 cancelled, planned reboot for 2012

Posts 1 to 20 of 40

Sylverstone

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spider-Man-4-Cancelled-Reboot-...

They had to miss their 2011 release date, they have actor problems, so on, so on and the story is ka-put.

Apparently it was too much that they canned Spider-Man 4 (probably the series altogether) and are prepping a reboot in 2012 possibly without Tobey Maguire or director Sam Raimi. The only thing good out of this is for Warcraft gamers who want to see the Warcraft movie.

So NintendoLife, good move or bad move?
What are your thoughts on the cancellation and will you watch out for a reboot?

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

IlikeVideoGames

I am undecided. I will edit and elaborate when I come to a full decision. I think Tobey does a good job. My only gripe out of the 3 films is putting Topher Grace as Venom.

IlikeVideoGames

Objection

Hmm, I have really mixed feelings about this, as I was very interested in seeing what villian(s) would be in, yet I had a feeling that it wouldn't be as good as the last one which in turn wasn't as good as the last one, etc. But as compelling as a reboot is, I simply cannot stand another superhero origin movie, and hope that they take another approach.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

SwerdMurd

3 was pretty bad...Emo Toby ruined it. TBH Toby in general ruins life by being alive--push him off of something tall and find someone cheaper and better to play Peter Parker. Now if they'd start showing the animated series again, however...

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Bikeage

I had low expectations for Spider Man IV cause III was mostly a steaming pile of crap. I hope a reboot does not mean an extended origin retelling. What would be cool is a series of Spider Man "Team Up" films that introduce new characters who could spin off into their own film, like lets say the Black Cat or Power Man, or reboot OTHER Marvel characters who have had lousy films, like the Punisher or Daredevil.

"Put. That. Coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only."

kevohki

I have a bad feeling they are going to "Twilight" (pussify) the reboot just to make money. Toby and Raimi aren't coming back, it's been confirmed. The reboot is also set to go back to Spider-Man's high school years. Zac Efron as Peter Parker... Disney owns Marvel... be afraid.

The first two movies were great and set up Harry's storyline as becoming the second Green Goblin perfectly for the third movie... and the writers went off on a tangent and ****ed it up by adding Venom, Sandman, Gwen Stacy, and making Harry into a dumb*** on a flying snowboard.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

shingi_70

kevohki wrote:

I have a bad feeling they are going to "Twilight" (pussify) the reboot just to make money. Toby and Raimi aren't coming back, it's been confirmed. The reboot is also set to go back to Spider-Man's high school years. Zac Efron as Peter Parker... Disney owns Marvel... be afraid.

The first two movies were great and set up Harry's storyline as becoming the second Green Goblin perfectly for the third movie... and the writers went off on a tangent and ****ed it up by adding Venom, Sandman, Gwen Stacy, and making Harry into a dumb*** on a flying snowboard.

Disney has no say in the spidey film franchise as the rights are with sony. Also Disney won't affect the comics either.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mabbit

kevohki wrote:

what?!
Zach Effron has only ever played the role of some teenage hearthrob who gets in relationship problems in highschool that could be solved in a matter of minutes. he cant play a spider infected superhero!

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Sean_Aaron

Really they should do a Smallville with it because the stories from the 60s are very much like a teenage soap opera.

I hope they'll go back to the roots of Stan and Steve's original classics myself.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

JonWahlgren

On one hand, noooooooooo: I really like Sam Raimi and will miss his style for the next one.

On the other, Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty killer until I stopped reading for reasons unrelated to quality.

On my third mutant hand, what is Sony thinking doing a reboot of a very successful franchise less than 10 years after the first movie came out? I'd like to know what they were thinking, because it sounds like "too many production problems, **** it, you're all fired."

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Sean_Aaron

I'm sure Sony is thinking: "damn if we don't put out another film soon we'll lose our rights!"

The CGI Spider-Man was a big turn-off for me; consequently I never saw these films.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

JonWahlgren

The CGI was really only bad in the first movie because it was so blatant. Looked much better in the rest.

Maybe they'll use the new PS3 Slim font for the movie.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

MoogleMuffins

A reboot is too soon in my opinion.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Smileoscar

Maybe they'll introduce Ironman and The Hulk in the reboot in the ending(kinda like the ending of The Hulk reboot), and then a movie about Spiderman,Hulk and Ironman teaming up to fight the forces of evil!!...I'd see it.

I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hari-kiri rock!!! I NEED SCISSORS!!! 61!!!

NO!

This is too soon and I was looking forward to the Vulture, the Lizard, and (hopefully) Mysterio! Also, this probably means Venom is cancelled, since Spider-Man has apparently never met him yet. I will not see this if it has the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, the Sandman, or Venom.

"Batman does not eat nachos!"

RandomWiiPlayer

Okay, what the hell? Sony, this is like the stupidest thing you could have done with it. Sell the rights. Now.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.