Forums

Topic: Pokemon White 2/ Black 2

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,123

Eel

Though to be honest, having a direct sequel using the same character wouldn't work in the world of pokemon.

Why? Simply because you'd need to find a way to explain why your character hasn't any of his/her previous pokemon or items that doesn't involve a "lost in combat" kind of scenario.

I think they'll go with the same "X years later, new kid in town, trainer from the previous game is legendary by now and is unknown where it is at right now" thing they have used twice already.

Though I really want to know what will the do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Noire

Morpheel wrote:

Why? Simply because you'd need to find a way to explain why your character hasn't any of his/her previous pokemon or items that doesn't involve a "lost in combat" kind of scenario.

Samus just tells you to deal with it

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Contrary

I'm curious how you will trade with Black and White versions if they are in the past. Maybe they'l just ignore the fact that Black 2 and White 2 are in the future if they even are in the future. I am curious. Curiosity did kill the Meowth though so I gotta be careful.

3DS FC: 3995-6548-9730
Enjoys online play with Pokemon, Mario Kart 7

Eel

Your question was answered ten years ago with the introduction of the trading time machine in gold and silver.

Bloop.

TeeJay

Contrary wrote:

I'm curious how you will trade with Black and White versions if they are in the past. Maybe they'l just ignore the fact that Black 2 and White 2 are in the future if they even are in the future. I am curious. Curiosity did kill the Meowth though so I gotta be careful.

Black and White import pokemon from 4th gen just fine, but that's beside the point as Black 2 and White 2 will still be 5th gen. We just won't be able to trade Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Easy.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

EvilLucario

slaps myself in the head

Oh, so THAT'S why there's the moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn! Why didn't I think of that before?

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Drawdler

So if Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are being listed as separate Pokemon, do you reckon we'll catch them in one form we can't change? /shrug

By the way, why hasn't this been moved to DS/DSi already?

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

theblackdragon

Because we can't move topics here on the forums, Nibelilt. We'll be able to when the eventual forum update hits, but for now it's fine where it is.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Prof_Clayton

Pokémon B&W2 needs to have more to do than just new pokémon and a new story. I think they should incorporate the other 4 regions into the story, letting you travel to them on a boat (like the sevii islands). That way you could catch each of the pokémon in their original regions.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

DanteSolablood

ClaytonLuigi wrote:

Pokémon B&W2 needs to have more to do than just new pokémon and a new story. I think they should incorporate the other 4 regions into the story, letting you travel to them on a boat (like the sevii islands). That way you could catch each of the pokémon in their original regions.

But of course if this is the filler game that I think it is, they'll have one new region and just a single new team to take on... team Higgs-Boson.

Maybe we get to play through Black & White again, but this time as N? Or even better, we start off as a low level Plasma grunt & work our way up through the ranks while snagging pokémon and cash along the way... kind of a GTA/Saints Row/Pokémon mash-up. Grand Theft Rowkémon?

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

GuardianKing

I feel like this will have some sort of HUGE Battle Frontier, considering all the new mechanics, Street/SpotPass integration, since they can totally do that, battlews with the 7 sages and the return of N as a protagonist, claiming that "I used side with the wrong people, until one day I met this teen who changed my life for the better. I want to rematch him, so I can show him what I'm really worth." and the new character would "look up" to Black/White. Chen could be the new champion or a Gym leader, like Blue, and Bianca could be the professor's assistant. There will most certainly be another region (sub-region maybe) and this can all fir on a SD card, seeing as DS games can hold up to 16GB now.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Has it even been legitimately confirmed the game will have 3DS exclusive features when popped into one? I don't see GameFreak doing that. If It happens I can't see the enhanced features being anything more than ugly tacked on 3D. If I'm wrong though, hurray. ( I would absolutely love one of the enhanced features to be the game using the 1 FC 3DS has.)

Eel

I'd love the games to include a "3DS mode" where the game uses the whole 3DS screen and in-game scaling that doesn't look blurry. (ala Harvest Moon: Tale of two Towns, but in the same cartridge maybe?)

Bloop.

Yrreiht

Morpheel wrote:

I'd love the games to include a "3DS mode" where the game uses the whole 3DS screen and in-game scaling that doesn't look blurry. (ala Harvest Moon: Tale of two Towns, but in the same cartridge maybe?)

Would be nice, but is that even possible? :/ If it is, i wont even mind if the game is in 2D

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Ecto-1

@Zerox

I agree this will probably have a new story (based on the title at least) and I would hope that they would incorporate a Battle Frontier similar to Emerald or Platinum/HG/SS. Your ideas for the plot certainly sound interesting.

However, as far as I know, DS games can not hold up to 16 GB; no where near that actually. If memory serves, the largest capacity DS game card is 512 MB. For that matter, 3DS game cards only currently go up to 4 GB, and that's only for the largest of games like Resident Evil.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

WreckitRyan

Hey everyone, I thought it would be good to move my speculative analysis to the forums to get some more opinions. Note, this is purely SPECULATION!
So...we all know that this is the first time the Pokemon main series has ever had a direct sequel, so one of the questions that arises is 'will the region change with the storyline, or will the region just stay Unova?'
Recall that after you find all Seven Sages, and effectually beat the game, Looker tells you something before he leaves for good: “Okay, 'player'...There's something I need to tell you. I've heard intel that, somewhere really far away from here, there's been sighting of an N-ish person with a dragon Pokémon. I am going to go and see if it's really true! Well, see you again someday!”
This is really interesting, because this leaves an unresolved plot. After the final Elite Four battle, N had thanked you for helping him realize his mistakes about Pokemon-human relationships, and then flies away on the Dragon Pokemon opposite of yours (so...Reshiram for White version and Zekrom for Black version).
We know from the pseudo-'cover art' released that Reshiram/Kyurem matches up with the White version this time and Zekrom/Kyurem matches up with the Black version. This would connect perfectly with the storylines of their respective predecessors with N having escaped with that Pokemon. And then there's Looker's mentioning of a place "really far away from here." I don't know, I thought it was cool and worth exploring.

3DS Friend Code: 4553-9973-6287

Pokefanmum82

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the game. I hope there is some more new pokemon other than kruyem's two formes.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

It's called ROM because you are not supossed to edit it's contents. And no, saving the game or editing a character does not count as "editing it's contents", because there's room reserved for that kind of thing within the 512MB.

Here's a small quote from Wikipedia:

Cards currently range from 64 Mb to 4 Gbs (8–512 MB) in size (although data on the maximum capacity has not been released)

Note: Mb means mega bits that means, the 1/8th part of a mega byte.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.