General Discussion Forum

Topic: Pokemon White 2/ Black 2

Showing 121 to 140 of 2,144

AuthorMessage

nerdydan

121. Posted:

I have absolutely no idea how to respond to the release of these two games.Its interesting but with the lack of info its hard to pass judgement. I probably wont get them even if they are real sequels instead of directors cuts. I've got better rpgs to play (devil survivor 2 anyone?).Not that i don't love pokemon, but its getting a little old. ill get back to it in a year or two and hopefully by then things will feel a little more fresh.

Well, um... I like Burgers. Not much else to say.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

122. Posted:

dark-insanity wrote:

DanteSolablood wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

They could have all your pokemon from the previous game snagged early on the game or something, and bam you need to train pokemon from level 5 again.

That would make an excellent start to Pokemon Black & White 2, you start off as exactly the same trainer & are mugged for your pokémon. You have to play through the game & beat the new Elite 4 before you can get your pokémon back.

bad thing for the thiefs if your pokemon is over lvl 70,got 6 legendary pokemon with you at the time and you had enough time to take them the pokemon out,o whats this...i even got health potion to the max!

Bad thing for you, you were only carrying your starter and the main legend at that time (and Amanita's PC is unavailable for some reason [it wouldn't be fair for the game to give ALL your pokemon from the previous game, would it?]) and they somehow got infected with the same level-decreasing dissease the pikachu from the show suffers every time a new season begins.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

123. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

dark-insanity wrote:

DanteSolablood wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

They could have all your pokemon from the previous game snagged early on the game or something, and bam you need to train pokemon from level 5 again.

That would make an excellent start to Pokemon Black & White 2, you start off as exactly the same trainer & are mugged for your pokémon. You have to play through the game & beat the new Elite 4 before you can get your pokémon back.

bad thing for the thiefs if your pokemon is over lvl 70,got 6 legendary pokemon with you at the time and you had enough time to take them the pokemon out,o whats this...i even got health potion to the max!

Bad thing for you, you were only carrying your starter and the main legend at that time (and Amanita's PC is unavailable for some reason [it wouldn't be fair for the game to give ALL your pokemon from the previous game, would it?]) and they somehow got infected with the same level-decreasing dissease the pikachu from the show suffers every time a new season begins.

i would go and hack the game...is my response

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

124. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Actually bad thing for you that the theif is carrying something that no theif has though of carrying in Pokémon EVER before! A gun!

But seriously though, it would be simple enough for Gamefreak to make it part of the story that you walk out of your house after hearing a noise, suddenly the screen goes white (yes, you'd white out :P ) & when you wake up your pokémon are gone.Maybe they stole your PIN to the Pokécentre PC & robbed your boxes too? You could even forget your name in a strange part of Unova so you'd have to enter a new name... later on you could choose to keep it or change BACK to your B&W name.

EDIT: No, you get your pokémon back at the same level they were stolen... Gamefreak would seriously annoy (<-read that to be a rude word I'm not allowed to type) a lot of gamers if they delevelled peoples pokémon. I'd say you get them back after the Elite4 ooooor completing the main storyline. Whichever comes last.

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

125. Posted:

Though to be honest, having a direct sequel using the same character wouldn't work in the world of pokemon.

Why? Simply because you'd need to find a way to explain why your character hasn't any of his/her previous pokemon or items that doesn't involve a "lost in combat" kind of scenario.

I think they'll go with the same "X years later, new kid in town, trainer from the previous game is legendary by now and is unknown where it is at right now" thing they have used twice already.

Though I really want to know what will the do.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Noire

126. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Why? Simply because you'd need to find a way to explain why your character hasn't any of his/her previous pokemon or items that doesn't involve a "lost in combat" kind of scenario.

Samus just tells you to deal with it :P

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

Contrary

127. Posted:

I'm curious how you will trade with Black and White versions if they are in the past. Maybe they'l just ignore the fact that Black 2 and White 2 are in the future if they even are in the future. I am curious. Curiosity did kill the Meowth though so I gotta be careful.

3DS FC: 3995-6548-9730
Enjoys online play with Pokemon, Mario Kart 7

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

128. Posted:

Your question was answered ten years ago with the introduction of the trading time machine in gold and silver.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

129. Posted:

Contrary wrote:

I'm curious how you will trade with Black and White versions if they are in the past. Maybe they'l just ignore the fact that Black 2 and White 2 are in the future if they even are in the future. I am curious. Curiosity did kill the Meowth though so I gotta be careful.

Black and White import pokemon from 4th gen just fine, but that's beside the point as Black 2 and White 2 will still be 5th gen. We just won't be able to trade Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Easy.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

130. Posted:

slaps myself in the head

Oh, so THAT'S why there's the moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn! Why didn't I think of that before?

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

131. Posted:

So if Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are being listed as separate Pokemon, do you reckon we'll catch them in one form we can't change? /shrug

By the way, why hasn't this been moved to DS/DSi already?

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

132. Posted:

Because we can't move topics here on the forums, Nibelilt. We'll be able to when the eventual forum update hits, but for now it's fine where it is.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

133. Posted:

Pokémon B&W2 needs to have more to do than just new pokémon and a new story. I think they should incorporate the other 4 regions into the story, letting you travel to them on a boat (like the sevii islands). That way you could catch each of the pokémon in their original regions.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

134. Posted:

ClaytonLuigi wrote:

Pokémon B&W2 needs to have more to do than just new pokémon and a new story. I think they should incorporate the other 4 regions into the story, letting you travel to them on a boat (like the sevii islands). That way you could catch each of the pokémon in their original regions.

But of course if this is the filler game that I think it is, they'll have one new region and just a single new team to take on... team Higgs-Boson.

Maybe we get to play through Black & White again, but this time as N? Or even better, we start off as a low level Plasma grunt & work our way up through the ranks while snagging pokémon and cash along the way... kind of a GTA/Saints Row/Pokémon mash-up. Grand Theft Rowkémon?

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

135. Posted:

Wow, I'm honestly surprised everyone else is getting it this fall. That's great! Really excited to learn more details about the game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

136. Posted:

I feel like this will have some sort of HUGE Battle Frontier, considering all the new mechanics, Street/SpotPass integration, since they can totally do that, battlews with the 7 sages and the return of N as a protagonist, claiming that "I used side with the wrong people, until one day I met this teen who changed my life for the better. I want to rematch him, so I can show him what I'm really worth." and the new character would "look up" to Black/White. Chen could be the new champion or a Gym leader, like Blue, and Bianca could be the professor's assistant. There will most certainly be another region (sub-region maybe) and this can all fir on a SD card, seeing as DS games can hold up to 16GB now.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

137. Posted:

Has it even been legitimately confirmed the game will have 3DS exclusive features when popped into one? I don't see GameFreak doing that. If It happens I can't see the enhanced features being anything more than ugly tacked on 3D. If I'm wrong though, hurray. ( I would absolutely love one of the enhanced features to be the game using the 1 FC 3DS has.)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

138. Posted:

I'd love the games to include a "3DS mode" where the game uses the whole 3DS screen and in-game scaling that doesn't look blurry. (ala Harvest Moon: Tale of two Towns, but in the same cartridge maybe?)

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Yrreiht

139. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

I'd love the games to include a "3DS mode" where the game uses the whole 3DS screen and in-game scaling that doesn't look blurry. (ala Harvest Moon: Tale of two Towns, but in the same cartridge maybe?)

Would be nice, but is that even possible? :/ If it is, i wont even mind if the game is in 2D

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

140. Posted:

@Zerox

I agree this will probably have a new story (based on the title at least) and I would hope that they would incorporate a Battle Frontier similar to Emerald or Platinum/HG/SS. Your ideas for the plot certainly sound interesting.

However, as far as I know, DS games can not hold up to 16 GB; no where near that actually. If memory serves, the largest capacity DS game card is 512 MB. For that matter, 3DS game cards only currently go up to 4 GB, and that's only for the largest of games like Resident Evil.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989