Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 14,348

Wildvine53

The new episode is pretty good, Granny Smith is quite the character!
Yu-gi-oh Abridged always cracked me up! "Let's settle this like men, with a children's card game," That's probably my favorite line ever written in a parody.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

ToastyYogurt

I'm subscribed to a Pony playlist on YouTube. This is why I check my email.

@Private_Pegasus: I checked the time difference. New episodes should air at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Xkhaoz

For all the bronies and Gorillaz fans out there:
[youtube:HS3hvIgTepQ]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

MasterGraveheart

I rather enjoyed today's episode. While I'd probably say it's one of the weaker episodes this season,let's remember that Season 2 has been pretty much flawless, and maybe it isn't so much weak as it was unexpected. However, this episode worked in a variety of different ways, hitting the sentimentality heartstrings in a different way that deviated from the theme of friendship in the name of the theme of family.

Incidently, we now know that Granny Smith is HUNDREDS of years old. Remember what Twilight Sparkle said to Spike in "Winter Wrap-Up." And I quote...

"Ponyville was founded by earth ponies. They haven't needed magic to wrap up winter in hundreds of years!"

Since Sweet Apple Acres is responsible for starting Ponyville, shoudln't the Apple Family more or less be considered darn-near royalty? At least in stature? Also, I'm glad we got kind of a curb to Silver Spoon, showing that she isn't entirely Diamond Tiara's puppet. I dunno. Bully pairs just seem to work better that way.

One thing I'm sure everyone noticed was a considerable lack of the Mane Six. While I'm certain they coudln't get away with an episode with all of them out of action, they went as far as they could by only using one of them. On a personal note, I'm glad it was Applejack who survived the cutting room floor for this episode. As I've stated, she is, more often than not, my favorite of the cast. While I hate seeing any of them not make it in an episode (particularly Fluttershy who seems to be getting a royal shafting this season, but that's another story), I think what Applejack has going for her is her family. They're well recognized in the show and have dynamic personalities all unto their own. Applejack is probably as close as you're getting to Twilight Sparkle to the essence of an absolute lead character, which is why she's, get this, now officially BEEN IN MORE EPISODES THAN TWILIGHT SPARKLE. It's true. Sure, in one episode she didn't have a speaking role (Green is Not Your Color), but she's only missed one episode. Stare Master. Twilight Sparkle has now been completely absent for two episodes including Sisterhooves Social and now Family Appriciation Day. While I'm certain they'll give her a rest where needed, I think it's sort of a neat note for Applejack fans.

One last thing... did anybody else get images of Ralphie in his bunny pajamas from A Christmas Story during the "water dancing" scenes in this episode? ^^;

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

JustAnotherUser

@Wildvine53 I love Yugioh abridged

I haven't watched episode 12 yet, I'm going to watch it as soon as I've finished my work

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

ToastyYogurt

Private-Pegasus wrote:

@the_shydpar Thanks!
About the new episode...who of the mane 6 are in this episode?

Haven't seen it yet, but I know Applebloom's the main focus.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

ToastyYogurt

Private-Pegasus wrote:

@Destroyer64 Freaked out Pinkie Pie...its kinda freaky

Be glad the site didn't make the GIF animate for my avatar.
Untitled
What do you think, Spike?
[youtube:Cq8_tDJpePk]

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.

ToastyYogurt

MasterGraveheart wrote:

Don't any of you guys wake up on Saturdays anymore? =P

I would if I had the Hub.

I'm pretty okay.

Syrup

This episode was indeed a great one. The scenes showing the Zap-apples were very beautiful, and the story and moral was great.
Now onto other things...

Episode 16!!! Reading Dash!!!
Season 2 Episode 16: Read It and Weep
Air Date: February 4th, 2012
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital.

Among other things, I'm going to start a fan fic series! The current working title is "FanFicCeption", it's going to be about me discussing popular/bad fan fic's, while seeing through the eyes of one of the main characters.

And finally, I dub this background pony... SQUIGGLETAIL
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120107191247/mlp/imag...

When you see it...

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/RevolverFlare/Ninten...

Edited on by Syrup

ToastyYogurt

SquiggleTail wrote:

Episode 16!!! Reading Dash!!!
Season 2 Episode 16: Read It and Weep
Air Date: February 4th, 2012
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital.

lolwut?

And good luck on your fan fic series, Squiggs!

I found today's episode to be not bad. Also, I wanna try a Zap-apple. Probably tastes like Skittles.

I'm pretty okay.

Tare

I've been in Quebec, I'll draw something after my hands thaw out.

I thought this was actually the second/third best episode this season. Things with "Lore" tend to be more entertaining. The fact that they called a pony "Filthy Rich" should be enough to convert anyone into a brony.
But they said that Diamond Tiara was Filthy's daughter, despite Filthy being, older then Granny Smith.

Oh well, good ol' unreliable Equestria logic.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

Aqueous

@Tare - Yeah he is definitely looking well for one several hundred years old. Also I'm loving the lore, I'm not sure if it was the planned but the history feels like it was made for us in a sense as it gives us some information that we would want as I think we are curious about the past of Equstria, but I of course I might be reading too deeply into it.

@SquiggleTail - Good eye, it's like someone has taken your drawings and made you part of the classroom setting.

@MasterGraveheart - Of course I get up on Saturdays but I stay in bed late into the morning. Hope we see more Flutteryshy soon, she is my second favourite. Odd that we see more Applejack then Twilight recently but I have a feeling it's going to head back to more Twilight again at some point. Also I lack the Hub and watch on youtube come night time.

@Wildvine53 , @Retro_on_theGo and @JarvanZheitk - That makes for Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged fans here. We should play some children card games on motorcycles later. A warning though, if you try to find the MLP FiM forum on his site, it exists but the first post is a cupcake gore image, after that it lightens up. Not as many ponies there as here though and I never commented there myself incase you check.

@Viceroy_Khaoz - I enjoyed that, after I got passed the opening.

@Twilight_Crow - Nice job on that one, I found one mistake but it's small and I almost missed it.

You got,
“The point is, as the leader of Canterlot nobles and spokespony of all landlords, I know you are a really busy pony and you are already doing a lot for me.

All you need is add " to the end,
“The point is, as the leader of Canterlot nobles and spokespony of all landlords, I know you are a really busy pony and you are already doing a lot for me."

Like that, however this is after midnight and there could be things I missed because I'm not completely thinking straight due to the hour.

I'm loving what you do with the princesses because they both fit the show and yet draw on their own some new personality traits that fit perfectly. Sorry about the delay in getting to it, I have had a pony hater around today and had to wait sometime to be able to read.

If anyone is looking for the new episode,

I watched it earlier but that person will only have it up for the weekend, this should last.

Edited: December 2014 to fix the @ Twilight_Crow by eliminating a space between t and _

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Sylverstone

Umm..... did anyone know that today was BroNYCon? I didn't go (had a dentist appointment) - but two of my friends did!

One of them got his BroNYCon poster signed by Ashleigh Ball (VA for Rainbow Dash & Applejack) and Andrea Libman (VA for Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy)!

Untitled

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

Viceroy_Khaoz wrote:

For all the bronies and Gorillaz fans out there:
[youtube:HS3hvIgTepQ]

Downloaded. Never really looked at Gorillaz much, but I like these mixes. Might have to look at some Gorillaz stuff then.

@MasterGraveHeart: You get cable though a VCR? What kind of sorcery are you using?

Also, way to go old school, bro.

I'm pretty okay.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.