Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 14,348

CorporalPegasus

SquiggleTail wrote:

This episode was indeed a great one. The scenes showing the Zap-apples were very beautiful, and the story and moral was great.
Now onto other things...

Episode 16!!! Reading Dash!!!
Season 2 Episode 16: Read It and Weep
Air Date: February 4th, 2012
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital.

Among other things, I'm going to start a fan fic series! The current working title is "FanFicCeption", it's going to be about me discussing popular/bad fan fic's, while seeing through the eyes of one of the main characters.

And finally, I dub this background pony... SQUIGGLETAIL
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120107191247/mlp/imag...

When you see it...

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/RevolverFlare/Ninten...

Reminds me of Sonic sez.
Oh well, Rainbow Dash episode is always good.
I wonder if Fluttershy will get some episodes.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Syrup

Thanks to the magic of DVR, I don't have to wake up at 10:00 a.m (even though it comes on at 8:00 a.m here). I'm happy that I actually get the Hub, since recently, that's the only channel I watch (Cartoon Network is dead to me), other than Disney Channel (Yes, I know. I'm too old to still be watching the children channels. But MTV is just too stupid for my tastes.). I used to wake up early, but recently, I've just been staying up late, usually looking at stupid stuff on the Internet, listening to Podcasts, reading horrible fan fiction, or just playing Mario Kart 7.

Also, I downloaded that Gorillaz/My Little Pony mash-up a couple of days ago. Since I love both Gorillaz and My Little Pony, it's so obvious that I would like this. This mash-up is so weird, considering this is their darkest album. I would love to hear a Plastic Beach mash-up as well.

And finally, Filthy Rich wasn't the one that bought the Zap-Apple Jam from Granny Smith, it was his grandfather Stinkin' Rich.
Something that I found weird is that, in the episode "Winter Wrap-Up", Twilight Sparkle claims that Pony Ville was founded over a hundred years ago by Earth Ponies. This means that Granny Smith is over a hundred years old. But it makes sense, since the flashback, they look similar to those people (with the wagon, and how they looked) that migrated to Oregon in the early 1800's (The Oregon Trail), meaning, that in fact Granny Smith is almost 200 years old. Wow.

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - oops missed that, I should not have watched ponies after 11, I got names mixed up.

@Sylverstone - It was posted here sometime ago now. I did not bother going but that is a nice art piece, lucky them.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

BleachFan

...No one's posted this yet?...
Fine, I guess I'll do the honors...
Oh yeah, and language warning...
[youtube:bQ0JahhFkts]

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

MasterGraveheart

@Destroyer64: Stubbornness from not wanting to upgrade the old VHS collection to DVDs or Blu-Rays yet, lol. Also, just a cable box lined through the VCR. Nothing fancy, lol.

@SquiggleTail: I covered that Granny Smith/Start of Equestria thing in my mini-review of the episode earlier in the thread. Saw that too. ^_^

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

Aqueous wrote:

I'm not going to bother posting the url, you guys should just go take a look, particularly Twilight Sparkle fans
http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d4lpz6a

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

@BleachFan: I stopped watching after Pinky Pie started using words that Pinky Pie would never use. Which was like 4-6 seconds in.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

BleachFan

@Destroyer64: Sorry, shoulda warned about that. I still find it freakin' hilarious after watching EMT...

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Sylverstone

Aqueous wrote:

@SquiggleTail - oops missed that, I should not have watched ponies after 11, I got names mixed up.

@Sylverstone - It was posted here sometime ago now. I did not bother going but that is a nice art piece, lucky them.

Yeah, I posted about it. There was a nice livestream and the VA panel was amazing - and also, Fighting is Magic looks REALLY good.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Destroyer64 - I can get you a link to him, youtube or his site. It is quite a laugh at times but he can take longer then MLP FiM to update at times, he's made a reference to this show in one of the later episodes.

@Sylverstone, that's why your name sounded familiar. it would have been interesting but far out of my way, besides this is something I've mostly kept to myself, so even if I could have I likely would have not went regardless. Is there still clips up of it?

@Twilight_Crow - Death Note Equstria pulled off something I never have experienced before in part 12, normally when a character knows how something works out, even if I can't tell what I know their plans but I could not see that it was planed despite taking things from Twilight's view. I'm shocked as I learned of her plan during the event, I had expected nothing the whole time but yet she played puppet master. No one has caught me like that before, might have been her worry hiding it but still, I never been totally clueless to a character's motives before.

Edited on by Aqueous

Syrup

I saw that "Epic Pie Time", and I thought it wasn't that funny, since, like Destroyer64 said, that is clearly something Pinkie Pie would never say. Plus, didn't really find it to be that funny, since I'm not a big fan of Epic Meal Time.

Also, that Max Gilardi (HotDiggedyDemon), you scoundrel.

AlbertoC

Well, i finally reached a new milestone. I bought myself this:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb30/Archmage_5023/CIMG011...

I really like Cheerilee, she has such a lovable personality. So i tried to buy myself a figurine. I thought that on the store where i was (in Chalco, Mexico State, Mexico) the store (WalMart) had nothing G4 on sale. I was wrong. And glad of being wrong.

I purchased the set at MXN $200, something like $14 USD (1 USD -> MXN 14). Aside the fact that i leaved everything that came with the figurine almost intact, i really like it. (For this reason i would rather prefer to buy the singles, but whatever)
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb30/Archmage_5023/CIMG001...

Does somepony else collect the figurines, or had bought any?

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

MasterGraveheart

As I mentioned earlier, I got the two blind bag repackage gift sets, one which was a Toys R Us exclusive with the Mane 6 and six repaints of original characters... though I think I've heard the name Peachy Pie used in reference to old ponies, so they may be homage characters. Now, this means I have two Rainbow Dashes, two Rarities, two Twilight Sparkles, and two Pinkie Pies, but hey, my friend was very generous with me. Now I just need to find seperate a seperate Fluttershy and Applejack so the original four I got can have their buddies too, lol.

Here are my sets.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Exclusive-12Pack-Collection-Spec...
http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Magic/dp/B004L6SGV4/ref=dp_cp_ob_t_title_3

While the Bind Bags aren't perfect, I think they do their job of being nice display pieces for light diversion play. I still hope for more show-accurate ponies down the road. The five-pack with Celestia, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, and Spike looks like a winner, but Celestia has the most outgregious errors with being pink, her slippers being her same color, her mane being so short, and her missing so many decorations on her body. Heck, I could accept the pink thing if she were just lighter...

Here's that five pack. Not sure if they have double-sided cutie marks like they should, though.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Magic/dp/B003...

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

AlbertoC

MasterGraveheart: I saw that 12 pack also, but it was outrageously expensive...

Whoa Squiggletail, that's amazing! Where did you got your calendar? Also, who is the one next to Fluttershy?

Aqueous

@albc5023 - Cute, I don't collect but I know alot of us do, I'm yet to reach that point. It looks good, I think some where earlier in the forums there was a trick for making the hair look more like the show, I'll look for it if you'd like.

@MasterGraveheart - She is a very light shade of pink if you look closely, if not it's easier to see she does have a pink outline.

@SquiggleTail - Nice collection. Also you have a competition for the name of the background pony you look like, http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d4lnbd0

@Twilight_Crow my final hunt of chapter 1 is complete, here you go, by the way this is difficult as I have to hunt for things that I would normally make errors when writing. For this one all sentences and my corrected versions will be in bold to stand out.

To anyone checking me do this, correct me if I mess up, English is my native language but not my strong point, so I'm checking my reasoning as I go but don't let me slip past you if I'm wrong, as I'm likely to make errors in things like punctuation and the order descriptive words should be placed and likely many other simple things.

Ok first one,
In a last struggle for self preservation, Luna
That's the sentence you have but, self preservation needs to be wrote with a dash between the two, which makes it,
In a last struggle for self-preservation, Luna

You also have this,
She was dressed in armor of dark blue cold steel.
Nothing really wrong with it but armor has a u after the o in Canadian and European English and as even Microsoft Word wants the u in there and nitnedolife, so I think it's a safe bet it should be,
She was dressed in armour of dark blue cold steel.
The next thing you want in the same sentence is to add a comma to your descriptive words
She was dressed in armour of dark blue, cold steel.
Then finally colours normally come last so if you go,
She was dressed in armour of cold, dark blue steel.
If I'm wrong with that I'm sorry but my own writing tends to have a flow or rhythm to it, so I might be trying to match it to my own, if so call me out, I don't want to make it worse.

Spelling here,
A helm doming her head and her muzzle wore the cruelest smile.
Cruelest should have two ll's,
A helm doming her head and her muzzle wore the cruellest smile.

Ok, I think this one was a miss hit when typing,
The idea of putting nightmares on everypony’s dreams to keep them awake?
You want in not on and I'm guessing you hit i while typing instead of o,
The idea of putting nightmares in everypony’s dreams to keep them awake?
Honestly I'm surprised I missed that on my first time through, it should have smashed the illusion but the fact it did not proves your talent, big published books have brought me out with less.

Now this is no error or at least it was, I hope you saw the new episode because well Ponyville does not exist till well after Luna's imprisonment.
The total destruction of the Everfree Forest’s Ponyville town all the way into their old castle would do.
I'm not sure what to do with it, you can leave Ponyville in but then it's no longer accurate, so I think it might be best to rewrite the sentence, without Ponyville as it won't exist for about 800 years, or around there.

Spelling again,
*Then she just gave up and closed that piece of her mind to the outside world, triying to ignore Nightmare Moon’s thoughts and acts. *
You want to take the extra i out of triying and get trying,
Then she just gave up and closed that piece of her mind to the outside world, trying to ignore Nightmare Moon’s thoughts and acts.

I may be off with this so bare with me,
But I’m not like this... I’m not... am I?
It might be best to put a comma in after the three periods after the not because she changes her thoughts, actually that sounds right, unless I'm corrected you might want to do that and have,
But I’m not like this... I’m not..., am I?

I'm taking a guess here,
Indeed Princess Celestia, the big, majestic, white alicorn with a floating mane, was right in front of her.
I think you wanted to have flowing mane, as in water, rather then floating, as in drifting about,
Indeed Princess Celestia, the big, majestic, white alicorn with a flowing mane, was right in front of her.

Ok, punctuation I think,
Wait, let me remind you: YOU ARE NOT NEEDED!”
I think a comma is all you need for the pause,
Wait, let me remind you, YOU ARE NOT NEEDED!”
Either that or make it two sentences, which ever fits better to you. Of course alternately your semi-colons would work and make the following which might be better then the comma,
Wait let me remind you; YOU ARE NOT NEEDED!"

Punctuation,
Celestia’s words reached Luna’s heart, You are sorry... No, I don’t believe you. Those thoughts were Luna’s, but they are close to Nightmare Moon´s. right?
You have a period after Moon's, you want a comma,
Celestia’s words reached Luna’s heart, You are sorry... No, I don’t believe you. Those thoughts were Luna’s, but they are close to Nightmare Moon´s, right?

This is more a question,
She was expelled backwards, destroying a wall in her path and disappearing behind the debris.
Ok she has been hit by the blast but she was running, and I'm assuming trying to reason at the same time, so would it make more sense as either
She was sent flying forwards, destroying a wall in her path and disappearing behind the debris.
or maybe,
She got knocked forwards, destroying a wall in her path and disappearing behind the debris.
It's up to you if it's a mistake and there are other usable things but I thought I'd give some ideas/examples of what would fit. The only reason I say this is you never say she turned around to face her before she got hit, nor did you indicate she was not still running away from the assault.

Ok, just need to add a dash to this one, (sorry I forgot the technical name)
It was not as if she had many other things to do. Luna reexamined her findings.
gives you,
It was not as if she had many other things to do. Luna re-examined her findings.

Double in here,
The way she always appeared to know what she was doing even when she didn’t, and that silvertongue, Goodness that silvertongue.
Great line, but Goodness should be lower case and silvertongue is only put together from what I found when used as a name, you'll want a space between the words,
The way she always appeared to know what she was doing even when she didn’t, and that silver tongue, goodness that silver tongue.

Here's a hard one as my memories say from old English teacher's incomplete sentence, never quite got it but I could be wrong as a result, also making it a capital word and ! instead of a period when combined would help,
Celestia could convince a whole town that the lack of food was nothing to worry about, even in front of a totally ruined harvest. Darn it.
Might be better as this but I could be wrong,
Celestia could convince a whole town that the lack of food was nothing to worry about, even in front of a totally ruined harvest, Darn It!
Even just changing the second one with the ! (No I'm not good at remembering spelling) and upper case on the eye and leaving them as two sentences would be better, or at least have more emphasis, on the cruse.

This is also a tricky one, just like above,
She convinced all of Equestria that taking away their freedom to choose when to sleep, was for their own good. She got away with it.
It's fine however would work better as one full sentence,
She convinced all of Equestria that taking away their freedom to choose when to sleep, was for their own good and she got away with it.

Needs a to be labour, not labor,
Then Celestia started treating her like any other pony, ordering her around, telling her what to do, leaving to her all the administrative labor (the only thing she accepted Luna was better at).
Easy enough though, just add the u,
Then Celestia started treating her like any other pony, ordering her around, telling her what to do, leaving to her all the administrative labour (the only thing she accepted Luna was better at).

Ok many guesses for here,
Celestia’s angry. Royal. Canterlot. Voice.
You might be after this for emphasis on each part of Royal Canterlot Voice and Angry,
Celestia’s Angry! Royal! Canterlot! Voice!
Again alternately just try with the commas,
Celestia's Angry, Royal, Canterlot, Voice!
Unless you want her pausing for each word. Of course you may just want,
Celestia's Angry Royal Canterlot Voice!
Of course if you only want the first pause and Luna's not too mad
Celestia's angry. Royal Canterlot Voice.
Or pre-haps you just want,
Celestia's Angry, Royal Canterlot Voice!
Where it would be just let out in one big furious statement. Of course I'm not quite sure what you were going for exactly, it all depends on what you were after. But seeing as this is something that bother's Luna, I think one of them might better show her frustration.

Your not trying to make a list here,
Luna was really angry at all the ponies for the way they treated her and her night: with fear and disrespect.
Ok so instead of a colon, go for a semi-colon like you used earlier because then it's in the correct format,
Luna was really angry at all the ponies for the way they treated her and her night; with fear and disrespect.

Sorry but Sentences don't normally start with and,
Still, it was I who shut the world away, never approaching anypony. And secluding myself in the old castle’s basement probably didn’t help my image much...
Try either,
Still, it was I who shut the world away, never approaching anypony and secluding myself in the old castle’s basement probably didn’t help my image much...
or a different word choice, for example,
Still, it was I who shut the world away, never approaching anypony. Then secluding myself in the old castle’s basement probably didn’t help my image much...
Then may not be the best but it prevents the reworking of the beginning of the second sentence.

This just needs another couple words,
We don’t change that now.”
Throw in want, plus to and it should be fine, like this
We don’t want to change that now.
Could take things farther and add this question at the end if you want Celestia to appear more like she is talking down to Luna,
We don't want to change that now, do we?"

Need another " for the last sentence I'm going to put here of the paragraph,
NOW STOP BEING SUCH A BRAT AND DO WHAT I ASKED YOU TO DO!
(It's in Royal Canterlot Caps) just add one and the punctuation will be fine,
NOW STOP BEING SUCH A BRAT AND DO WHAT I ASKED YOU TO DO!"

I think you hit i instead of o again,
Yes, this project was my second pride... as useless as the night sky now, since it lays forgotten on what is left of my library... as I said, whatever.
Just turn on to in,
Yes, this project was my second pride... as useless as the night sky now, since it lays forgotten in what is left of my library... as I said, whatever.

Finally end of this chapter, this is optional as gonna is slang so you can use it,
I'm gonna face my sister...
However in case you don't like slang, this is the same thing,
I'm going to face my sister...
Entirely up to you but I thought I'd mention it as Microsoft Word does not like it and maybe you won't either.

You forced me to look up the use of semi-colons to see if they were used right and I'm happy to find they are, they aren't something I'm use to encountering or using. Also your expanding my vocabulary as I'm forced to look up rarely used words, if you want more I have a huge list of them kicking around I can send you. It was also great to see my previous findings were used in the writing. I'm being a picky over analyst, hope you did want this because I'm enjoying it and not likely to stop now, unless of course you ask. Like I said in Swapnote, I'll get chapter two tomorrow and then unless it takes me 2 and half hours again, I'll try and fit in chapter 3 too before you get them uploaded everywhere like you both planned and asked. Good Luck Twilight_Crow and hopefully I caught everything for you.

Edited on by Aqueous

Syrup

I got that Calendar at a Dollar Tree for a dollar. Also, that's Cupcake, I just got her because I liked her color scheme. If you'd like, I could check if the Dollar Tree still has calendars, I could buy you one, since it's only a dollar. Also, I think I might change my name to Chubby Cheeks now.

I'm still want to add more things to my collection, especially that 9-inch tall, talking, Pinklestia. And, yes, I like Pinklestia, she looks awesome. Plus, I might import some Blind Bags from Europe pretty soon.

Tare

SquiggleTail wrote:

I saw that "Epic Pie Time", and I thought it wasn't that funny, since, like Destroyer64 said, that is clearly something Pinkie Pie would never say. Plus, didn't really find it to be that funny, since I'm not a big fan of Epic Meal Time.

Also, that Max Gilardi (HotDiggedyDemon), you scoundrel.

Man, those fans went nuts, people were jumping into the air. They've gotten quite popular haven't they
Rumor has it the voice actors are all Canadian, and most of them reside in Toronto. Makes me sad there's no Canadian Brony-Con.

EDIT: Seems some guy yells "You are the champion my friend" This needs to be used everywhere.

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

ToastyYogurt

Aqueous wrote:

@Destroyer64 - I can get you a link to him, youtube or his site. It is quite a laugh at times but he can take longer then MLP FiM to update at times, he's made a reference to this show in one of the later episodes.

Link to the guy that drew that Twilight picture? Sure.

Also, about those spellings of color and labor: In many European countries and Canada, those words are spelled with a u, as in colour and labour. However, in the United States, the correct spellings are color and labor. So either or is correct, it's just a matter of where one's from. Your version of Word must not like the U.S. spellings of the words because it's the Canadian version, so of course thanks to the localization of Spellcheck, it regards the U.S. spellings as misspelled because they are misspelled in Canada.

But color colour, labor labour, tomato tomato, so whatever really floats your boat.

@SquiggleTail: In the words of Spike, nice spread.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AlbertoC

Squiggletail: I noticed the color scheme, for that reason i discarded the posibility of her being another version of Twilight Sparkle (althought it could indeed be made with the same base.) I want another figurine, if Hasbro can make a Princess Luna that looks exactly as the one of the show i'm sold again (the one currently being sold is... meh)
Also, you are very kind, but since i live in Mexico, i think it's going to be a little too hard to get it myself. If you find it on the internets, i could give it a shot, since i liked it and would like to snatch myself one.

Aqueous: Making my figurine look like Cheerilee on the show sounds pretty cool, will try it. Since it involves cutting some of the front hair, i really hope i don't end screwing everything up.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.