General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,341 to 14,360 of 14,824

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,341. Posted:

@Gioku Alright, I look forward to your report! And awesome that someone has the same name. :)

@Moorpheel I'm not to sure about all of that anymore. I'm sure perception is out there yet, but I think it's become a bit more overall accepted. Still, there is alot of room for improvement.

As for today's latest, I loved it. Not sure where it stands yet, but was overall a great episode. Here is the youtube link for those that may have not seen it even though the link goes dark in about a weeks time.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,342. Posted:

Oooh, i loved this week's episode! Cute Fluttershy singing! And it refrenced back to one of my favourite episodes from all the way back to Season 1! Altough every episode does make me question Pinkie's sanity more and more...D:

@Morpheel Can't speak for America, of course, but here most people forget what a brony is way back in 2012. And still...I doubt most "cool, mainstream" people remember what a brony is even a week after a random TV/Radio report.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,343. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Altough every episode does make me question Pinkie's sanity more and more...D:

Oh dear... am I in for it with this episode? (I haven't watched it yet)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

14,344. Posted:

@lunapplebloom @corporalpegasus At least, from what I can tell on the internet; while being a [n older, male or female] MLP fan is completely cool and ok, the term "brony" is often used to refer exclusively to the negative part of the fandom.

Anyway, new episode! Lets watch.

After watching:

a bit too musical for my tastes, but it was pretty fun! Big Mac singing, Flutterguy, Fluttershy dissipating into nothingness from exposure, it surely had a bit of everything, even if Pinkie was a bit too annoying.

Oh and

mane six duckface 3/6

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,345. Posted:

Just watched the episode...

...and it made me remember one of the most embarrassing moments in my life, because it played out almost exactly like it did with Fluttershy....except it didn't result in the same way. In elementary school, I went on a field trip to a forested area to do research on bugs (don't ask me why because I don't remember), and I found myself all alone at one point. Looking for various bugs. I started humming tunes of Les Miserables because at that time, my family was obsessed with it. Then it turned to singing. I turn around minutes later, and there were two girls just staring at me. I didn't run away. I just froze. If my pupils could shrink like Fluttershy's eyes could, they would have. They had odd looks on their faces, but then left. I couldn't tell if they were giggling or whatnot. To reemphasize, I was in elementary school, so my singing was nothing like you'd hear from something professional like Les Mis. Nobody mentioned it afterwards, so I can only assume the girls didn't blab about it to their friends. This is the first time I ever mentioned this event to anyone.

As for the episode...

I liked it. I did my fair share of cringing when Fluttershy got found out on multiple accounts (because I can relate to it), but it was very enjoyable. A bit too much music as was mentioned by Moorpheel. Rather interesting that they got Big Mac singing more than he speaks (and still go about interrupting him when he attempts to simply speak). That moment with Applejack and Big Mac going over the situation is just typical humor. Gave me a good chuckle. After watching it, I checked the credits, because I wanted to see if the original "Flutterguy" (Blu Mankuma) did the voice for at least the speaking parts, but sadly, it seems someone else (Alvin Sanders) did the parts, with another (Marcus Mosley) filling in for the singing. Blu seems to be credited in iMDB after the main list, but the credits on the video don't mention him at all.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,346. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony! And hope you all had a happy Hearts and Hooves day! :D

Equestria Girls 2 uh? Whatever, as long as they don't stop making the original MLP:FiM show, I am fine with this going on. Hope it is fun and dumb as well as the first.

@Lunapplebloom Yeah, we need a real Pony movie. Well, five years is a long time, they may decide to make one.

@Gioku Watch it with an open mind, Pinkie Pie may be a bit over the top, but there is a reason and is not stupidly out there. And good luck with that Brony Club. They will love your art.

OH MY FREAKING CELESTIA!!1! Today’s episode, Filli Vanilli, was awesome! I)^3^(I
My favorite Fluttershy episode ever without a doubt. This one was a doozie of a story and some music. Daniel Ingram, Amy Keating Rogers, I LOVE YOU!

So yeah, this episode had it all, great music, adorable Fluttershy, the return of Flutterguy, cleverly written Pinkie Pie (Yes I know she was a bit exaggerated, but this fourth wall breaking was clever and not just out there, shame people won't notice because stupid Pinkie in other episodes), BigMac singing, and to top it all Twilight used her wings... again, can you believe that? :P Seriously though, I wasn't expecting what we got here (specially since I had no idea what the episode was about because I avoid any kind of previews), I was amazed by the creativity shown. We all knew Fluttershy sings, but it is true that she'd never done it on a stage, and for her, stage fright was a given. So as soon as I saw the faces of the rest of the mane 6 after the prologue's song, I knew what the episode will be about, but I wasn't expecting how they went for it.

There where so many little details that made an ordinary trope into a great story. Lot's of comedy without it actually being in your face. The rest of the cast not just being there but actually contributing when needed (lol AJ interrogating BigMac was just perfect). But the best things were the unexpected. Big Mac a singer? Mind blown! Zecora suggesting the use of Poison Joke? I thought about it as soon as a saw her, but never imagined they would go for it.

As for the basic plot, the trope was predictable, but Fluttershy's conundrum was realistic. Fluttershy still afraid of being the center of attention can't go away easily, if you know any person like that you know how hard it is. I am glad that while she's shown an improved assertiveness, showed in this episode when she blatantly saying "NO" to Rarity when she asked her to sing with her, we can also see that there is long way to go for her to confortably stand in front of a crowd. It was a good lesson though, you have to face your fears and do what you love, but you can do it at your own pace.

FoTW

Haven't had time to read lately. D: So let me put something nice an simple that has to be recommended. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==

First Hours by Pen Stroke
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Everyone]
Touch, Smell, Taste, Hearing, Sight
This is the order the five senses develop in for foals as they grow, cradled in the warm safety of a mare's womb. For this one foal, her womb was a thorn bush in the dark of night. For this one foal, the safety and warmth that should have introduced her to the world was replaced with pain and cold.
These are Nyx's first hours.

Past Sins is, and will always be, a big part of the Brony community beginnings. One of the first quality Fanfictions that fans followed hungrily on EQD. When Pen Stroke decided to publish a small print run of the book with the help of Equestrian Publications, tha resultant book was a work of love, with great quality (I have actually seen the book in person, it is beautiful).
This little story was an extra that the author put in the book as a thank you to all who ordered their copy. Now that some time has passed he decided to post the little story for everypony to read.
This is the tale of Nyx's birth told in her point of view; a sneak peek into the little pony's mind. If you have read Past Sins, it is a must. And if you haven't read it, give this one a read, it will introduce you to its universe, and maybe you will decide to give the full story a go.
As usual, amazing writing.

And... How long has it been since I last posted Celestia?
Too long, that is how. Here:
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,347. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow well, at least you've gotten me excited with saying that this is a good Fluttershy episode (you guys should know by now what I think of Fluttershy... and Rarity... XD), so I probably won't get too hung-up on Pinkie Pie's... well, obnoxiousness, too much. :)

...and maybe this club will get me motivated to continue some of my pony-related artistic endeavors! :)

I'll let you all know what I think of the episode soon (I'll be watching on 3DS again; hopefully next week I'll have my laptop working again and/or catch it on TV)!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,348. Posted:

Ahhhhh! Another great episode...!

Fluttershy is the best!

:D

Also, I've said it before, but I seem to have an odd emotional connection to Fluttershy... Now, I've watched my fair share of cartoons and movies and such, and I have never connected to a character like I've connected with Fluttershy... and that's saying something. I don't feel emotions with other characters like this... I feel happy when she's happy, I feel really bad when she gets upset or sad and especially when she cries... I see so much of myself in her, too... it's kinda cool, actually. It's a compliment to the people who make the show that they've created a character that has affected me like this. :)

Anyway, about the episode specifically:

There are so many parts of this episode I'd like to get freeze frames of to make avatars out of! Especially that one part where Fluttershy and Rarity are leaning on each other — I'd love to have that as an avatar. :3 (if someone could get that picture for me to crop I'd love it! :) )

Everything was so cute this episode, and as soon as they mentioned needing a bass, and Zicora started laughing... I knew exactly what was coming! XD
...it's so easy to use Fluttershy as the butt of jokes, but you wouldn't think it! XD

...Pinkie Pie kinda got on my nerves a little extra for making Fluttershy feel bad, though, but at least she seemed a little more subdued than usual.

Anyway, this episode is now tied for first for me with the previous episode. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,349. Posted:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, say it in the nicest way possible" is not how the saying goes. Besides, wasn't s/he in this thread causing trouble before and ended up getting modded? How silly is it to come back to the scene of the crime?

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

14,350. Posted:

@Discostew Maybe it's a sign of joining the heard. At first, we all didn't like it, but then look at us now XD

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

14,351. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Discostew Maybe it's a sign of joining the heard. At first, we all didn't like it, but then look at us now XD

Except me for I am immune...but then again I never watched it and may never do so...so I will take my leave, see ya folks and enjoy!

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

14,352. Posted:

@Undead_terror Nah, your case is different I suppose. Your not a fan of it, but that's alright, because that is your opinion on the matter, and onions* are swell. However the haters......well it's the balance and rule of the internet I guess (This sounds so weird, I should catch some z's now)

*Spell check, opinion should had been the first suggestion, not the layers man, not the layers!!!

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,353. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Undead_terror Nah, your case is different I suppose. Your not a fan of it, but that's alright, because that is your opinion on the matter, and onions* are swell. However the haters......well it's the balance and rule of the internet I guess (This sounds so weird, I should catch some z's now)

*Spell check, opinion should had been the first suggestion, not the layers man, not the layers!!!

But onions have layers. So do ogres.

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

14,354. Posted:

It's not like many of us take Mr. Flatchested CatPrincess very seriously anyway :P let's just forget about it and go on with our lives.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,355. Posted:

Gosh, I keep missing these posts! I have no idea what's going on. XD

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Jmaster49

14,356. Posted:

Hey if you can speak your opinion, I can speak mine.

Jmaster49 on YouTube
Catgirls are beautiful creatures that need to be respected and loved, especially by human males. Do everyone a favor and keep kitty girls alive.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,357. Posted:

Though I think we are beating a dead horse, there is a difference between having a respectful opinion and flaming. Let's leave it there, OK?

After all,

There's still a certain freeze frame I'm looking for! :)

EDIT: never mind, I got it already! What do y'all think? :)

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,358. Posted:

Jmaster49 wrote:

Except we aren't going to whichever thread is based on your interests and spewing our "opinion".

@Undead_terror

If his/her post was deleted by the mods, then it was deleted for a reason and shouldn't be re-posted, even if someone doesn't know what's going on.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,359. Posted:

I don't want to sound rude, but... can we just stop talking about that now...? Sorry if I started that... :(

Anyway, look at my new avatar, everypony! Do you like it? It's my two favorite ponies. :3

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

14,360. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

Jmaster49 wrote:

Except we aren't going to whichever thread is based on your interests and spewing our "opinion".

@Undead_terror

If his/her post was deleted by the mods, then it was deleted for a reason and shouldn't be re-posted, even if someone doesn't know what's going on.

I just deleted my posts but when @Gioku wanted to know what it was I just told what it was about!
@Gioku now we can stop! and sorry.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror