Forums

Topic: Jurassic Park (1993)

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

StarBoy91

One of the best movies of all time. The first adventures of Alan Grant and friends, trying to escape an island full of dinosaurs in the present time period, is truly one of Steven Spielberg's greatest masterpieces. And the soundtrack composed from John Williams is truly one of the most astounding ever heard. A wonderful adaptation of the Michael Crichton novel of the same name, which admittedly I haven't read yet. The storyline is great, the voice acting is convincing, and the action is superb. Not to mention, the dinosaurs look alive.
If you haven't seen Jurassic Park yet (and who hasn't?), then do you have what it takes to survive Jurassic Park?

To each their own

RandomWiiPlayer

Great movie.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

irken004

FANTASTIC movie. Spielberg is a fave director of mine, next to Tim Burton.

Excellent movie. JP proves that just because the story is simple and straightforward and has zero character development doesn't mean is a bad movie at all.

Starkiller

Yeah, I saw it. Great movie. Speaking of dinosaur movies, I saw King Kong just a few days ago. We couldn't stop laughing when we saw the giant monkey's smile! To think people were fainting in the theatres! The dinosaurs were half decent though.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

Kid_A

The book is better but...yeah it's a good movie.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

theblackdragon wrote:

The book was waaaaaay better. Malcolm's morphine-induced rambling FTW.

It's weird because you wouldn't think the book would be better--considering the movie was so amazing at the time because of its special effects.

But that's Micheal Crichton for ya; the guy was just an amazing writer (it's so weird that I have to use past tense when talking about him now! I can't believe he died!)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Rensch

I loved that when I was a kid.

I remember seeing the second one in theater and I thought is was awesome even though it was virtually te same thing as the first one. I was like 10 yers old, and it was about dinosaurs. And dinosaurs are awesome!

Edited on by Eel

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Magi

Jeff Goldbloom is one of my favorite actors so that helped me like the movie. (It would have been pretty groovy without him though...maybe)

Magi

MoogleMuffins

Probably my favourite movie when I was younger. And it's still a great film today. I always thought the effects of the first and second film looked better than the CGI effects in Jurassic Park 3.

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Machu

I enjoy any movie with Sam Neill in it, he's one of my favourites. Jurassic Park was a very important film in terms of CGI, it definitely raised the benchmark. Was good fun too, dinosaurs rule!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

SpentAllMyTokens

I had the Jurassic Park game for Game Gear. I loved that movie when I was a kid.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Reala

Sorry to say I never liked any of the movies, found them boring despite all the Dinosaurs, was the first movie I remember that really disappointed me.

Reala

theblackdragon

Kid_A wrote:

It's weird because you wouldn't think the book would be better--considering the movie was so amazing at the time because of its special effects.

i know, right? and yet the book was way better, thus speaking volumes for the quality of the book. man, i read that book so much when i was younger i ended up destroying it. I still need a new copy.

As for The Lost World, however... the movie was definitely not as great as the first, though the book was solid as ever. And Congo and Sphere were both much better books than they were movies... :/ Never did see The 13th Warrior, though, even though that book was also good from what I remember of it. :3 I can't believe he's dead either. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Magi

@theblackdragon: The 13th Warrior is a phenomenal movie imho. It's one of my go-to movies whenever I'm looking for something entertaining to watch. I think I've seen it about 20 times (slight UNDER exaggeration probably)

Magi

cheetahman91

I've always liked this movie.
Too bad it didn't have more CGI.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

WaLuigi1982

I never did get into the movies. Maybe I should Netflix the first one and give it another chance. Its been a lot of years since I seen the original.

WaLuigi1982

Egg_miester

possibly the greatest dinosaur movies but i hated the second movie with how bad they screwed up the book
but sam neill is a great actor odd that i came here right before i went online i was watching in the mouth of madness another great movie he was in

overturn code: 3266 3667 6901

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.