Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 781 to 800 of 3,126

StephenYap3

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Great game, but not favorite Switch game. That would be Puyo Puyo Tetris.

StephenYap3

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred The worlds are pretty easy to return to any time you like, which is necessary if you want to backtrack and look for items and stuff that you missed or couldn't access the first time around. You can also go to a time-traveling washing machine and try specific challenges or missions you've played over again from any of the worlds.

I know Ubisoft is known for releasing games with performance issues, but I've actually rarely had issues with the ones I've played. Far Cry 4, Rayman Origins/Legends, ZombiU, Child of Light... this is the first one that has actually given me issues. They weren't enough to lessen my opinion of the game, though. And yeah, I really hope they patch it and improve the performance over time.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah Well, they're usually good about fixing them later. I think even Child of Light had some bugs to fix later after launch, IIRC. So...at least they're better than Warner Bros.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Krull

Dusted off Blaster Master Zero last night. I started out thinking it was pretty neat, but it really got its hooks into me by the end. The breadcrumb-trail of power-ups is beautifully designed, and kept me exploring every nook and cranny, with a couple of pretty neat solutions on the way.

There was one cave in Area 3 that annoyed me slightly (thought I needed a key; I didn't), but I thought the difficulty balancing was good - it starts to become more challenging when it needs to, I think. I don't reckon I'll go back to play as a DLC character - at least not for a while - but the alternate characters do appear to have a big effect on the gameplay, which is good.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Cynas

Just binge played all the Danganronpa games. They're a lot more fun than I was expecting. Basically a mix between Ace Attorney and the Zero Escape games. Watched the Danganronpa 3 anime too to get some better context and backstory. I'm all set for when V3 gets released this month!

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Spike6958

I beat Mario 64 for the first time with all 121 stars this weekend.

Spike6958

Pho

I beat SMT 4: Apocalypse a little while ago, then went through again to get the best demons, and then beat the DLC's.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Chalupa

Finally completed BotW and it was cool, but I do think it is a bit overrated in all honesty. Also finished replaying Pokemon Moon and I really didn't enjoy the experience that much. I wanted to replay the game because I felt like I rushed it when it came out and I could hardly remember anything months after. Now that I've completed it again I can say that Sun and Moon are one of my least favorite games in the series.

Trust in yourself
https://vid.me/Chalupa
https://mastodon.social/@Chalupa

gcunit

Just done the credits of Breath of the Wild. Happy. Like Ocarina of Time, the ending scenes left me with a strong feeling of affection for the two characters, and the game overall - they close these games in such a touching way. Just lovely. What a game.

Plenty of Shrines left to find/complete, but no hurry.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GoldenGamer88

Felt like revisiting some old GC/Wii classics the other day so I put my Wii back up. Finished Pikmin 1 this afternoon, still a very enjoyable game and a gem of the GameCube but the free spirit of the Pikmin annoyed me at times. Like, "No, don't pluck that flower!", "No, not the grass! Y'all already flowers!" or "Did I call you just now? No, so stay idle!" (when I walk through idle Pikmin, they start following me). Actually died at the final boss. Never saw the death screen and I have played through the game a bunch of times.

Next up, Pikmin 2!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Vinny

Metroid: Samus Returns.

It was pretty good. Countering gets a bit annoying halfway trough (with the enemies constantly charging at you) but as you get stronger it becomes unnecessary.
The controls do get kinda frantic, specially during boss fights where you gotta hold the R/L buttons, switch weapons with the touch screen. (I hate the robot boss BTW)

Other than that, it feels great seeing Samus... uhh, return. It has the same atmosphere as the previous games, many familiar tunes and unique visuals. Some refer to it as reimagining more than a remake because it changed so much. I've never played the original to completion but I can see by the opening areas how different it is.
I give it a Samus out of Aran - Very good.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tibob

Shovel Knight. (Shovel Knight's campaign)
Got every achievement and completed every challenge. I felt great for about seven minutes. Now Specter Knight...

Tibob

Krull

Tibob wrote:

Shovel Knight. (Shovel Knight's campaign)
Got every achievement and completed every challenge. I felt great for about seven minutes. Now Specter Knight...

Holy cow! Every achievement? Nice work!

I literally just finished Plague Knight about five minutes ago, but haven't got all the achievements or even touched the challenges. That said, I just want to say how much I enjoyed Plague Knight - I actually liked it more than Shovel Knight. The story was really cute, and I liked how it is interwoven with the Shovel Knight campaign (which I also enjoyed, by the way). I prefer the weapons and moves of Plague Knight, with that triple jump and floating action - it made moving through the levels feel zippier and the controls were also slightly less awkward (not having to push down when jumping was a real improvement, IMHO). A really, really good 2D platformer.

I'll probably have a break for a few months, then tackle Spectre Knight - by which time we should also have King Knight. Actually looking forward to it even more now, having experienced how well Yacht Club manages to change up the gameplay in each campaign - even when they don't actually change the level design, as in Plague Knight.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Tyranexx

Pokemon Sun - I just got to the end credits a little while ago. I really enjoyed this game, and overall I liked a lot of the new ideas that it brought to the table. Trials were a nice change of pace (though I would like to see gyms return at some point, or at least a combination of both), and this game had my favorite main story since Black 2. The story at times seemed to focus more on Lillie than the player, but I found that I didn't mind that much.

Really, my only main gripe with this game was the railroading in terms of the plot, at least near the beginning:

Kukui: Let's go to Iki Town, cousin!
Me: Great! Just let me backtrack and try to catch a Pichu...
Walks three steps in the other direction
Kukui: No, not that way! Is the sun in your eyes?
Me: ...Seriously?

I still think they need a sort of "I've played this before" mode. Plus, if ten-year-old me could figure out how to play Pokemon Gold properly, I'm pretty sure most kids today don't need this much fencing.

SOS battles were kind of hit or miss for me; the extra challenge was nice at times, but it became a pain if you were genuinely trying to catch something.

I'll probably spend some time yet with post-game stuff (though I hear there isn't too much), catching legendaries/UBs, and training up some of my favorite 'Mon.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

I beat Metroid: Samus Returns while I was on vacation.

Good Metroid game. Never really enjoyed the original Metroid II, but this version is polished enough for to really get into. As with most 3DS games, it looks 100x better on the actual console and in 3D than it does in preview footage. I was a bit worried about MercurySteam being the developer, but they did great work here: this feels like proper 2D Metroid. I really liked the way the free-aiming and parrying changed the flow of the game. Also, final boss battle is a really cool throwback to Super Metroid.

I guess if I had any criticism... it's a good game, but it never truly surprised me like Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission did. There was no moment where it felt truly inspired to me. It was just a really solid Super Metroid-style game (although obviously different due to the focus on hunting Metroids). And, honestly, that's enough for me.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Late

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Really good game. Not too easy, not too hard. I liked world exploration more than I thought I would and the battle mechanics are spot-on. Lacks a bit of polish. I found a bug where I can get two enemies in one square that can be recreated really easily. Here's a picture of the bug:
Untitled

SteamWorld Dig 2
I love SteamWorld series. Took me a week to 100% it. Compared to original Dig, it's bigger, better and extra polished.

Pokémon White 2
Replayed this one because I really enjoyed it back when it came out and I haven't played it since. It was fun playing at the same time with my sister.

Kamiko
I've been playing it once every couple of weeks. Simple game. Nothing special. Started with the bow girl. Still need to finish it with the other two characters.

Picross S
Just finished last Mega Picross. Needs more puzzles but otherwise great. Crashed once which is unusual for this kind of game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

MadMaestroNole

Finished Mario/Rabbids ( I really liked the game, though in the end, it was a bit too easy for me). Working on Golf Story now as well as NBA2K17 (which I will never finish, though). Also started Pankapu recently.

SW-6095-5458-8016

Switch Friend Code: SW-6095-5458-8016

Jhena

Metroid samus returns. Took me exactly 10 hours and 4 minutes. Short enough to not get bored. Its a good game and with blaster master zero and this one beaten i think i can also say that i like metroidvanias. Going on a genocide mission can be fun. I took it like goddess samus came to punish the unfaithful babylons. Luckily one cute soul embraced the goddess^^

Now i am waiting for superstar saga.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic