Forums

Topic: Feature/Dumbphone or Smartphone

Posts 21 to 40 of 40

2-D

I had a dumbphone trying to be smart and it was god awful, it kept calling people in my pocket and deleting contacts and stuff. So I got an HTC Desire S and it's absolutely brilliant!

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

JustAnotherUser

I currently have a smart phone, an iPhone 3GS.
However I am thinking of getting the next flagship HTC smartphone in a couple of years as I can then freely sync with Ubuntu.

JustAnotherUser

thesmorganator

JarvanZheitk wrote:

However I am thinking of getting the next flagship HTC smartphone in a couple of years as I can then freely sync with Ubuntu.

What are you saying??

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

Slapshot

Smartphone = Kindle that fits in your pocket = Mega Win!!! I can read my James Rollins novels on-the-go and that makes me very happy.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Raylax

Dumbphone. It's made by Apple. ohoho buuurn

But seriously, dumbphone. Some £25 thing that looks a bit like a Blackberry, if Blackberries were manufactured by a knock-off company in Turkey, and with none of the features. Halfway surprised its not called a Blueberry or something. BUT IT RINGS PEOPLE SO WHO CARES.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Rocketship

I have a dumbphone, a Sony Ericsson Elm (J10i2) It does everything I need, text and calls. I never have any need for any other features, although if I wouldn't mind a way to check train/bus timetables without having to pay.

"People were throwing shoes at us in SF and LA. I don't know why. It's like 'You guys are great. Here's my shoe.' People must have been walking around with one shoe." James Hetfield

Moco_Loco

Do people use smartphones to do dumb things? (Look up "geico smartphone" on YouTube if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

I currently have a Motorola Droid, which I like in some ways and don't like in others. I like the Kindle app and some of the games, but I'm just not sure that access to free and cheap apps is worth Verizon's expensive data plans. It's nice sometimes to be able to look stuff up online wherever I am, but again I'm not sure it's worth the cost.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

komicturtle

I have ATT as my service. People whine about ATT but me and my family has never had any issues- even my brother with the iPhone4. I'll stick with my unlimited messaging and data plan for my dumbphone versus 2GB a month data plan Att has as well as Verizon. I just need a phone with better calling quality which this phone is decent at that, but it sucks barely understanding the other person on the other line.

komicturtle

MetroidMasher17

Me gotz a dumbphone. It doesn't even text properly (the buttons stick) but it's enough.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Turnip

I have no phone.

Cringing is really fun.

TwilightV

@Moco_Loco: Yeah Dawg!

Edit: ^That's actually what I thought of when I first read this thread's title.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

Colors

Yay, I got a new phone today. It can access the internet and text!!!!

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

Magi

Last December, I finally moved from an extensive history of "dumbphone" usage to my first foray into smartphones. WP7 on my Samsung Focus to be exact. I'm glad I took the plunge and will never look back.

Magi

JustAnotherUser

thesmorganator wrote:

JarvanZheitk wrote:

What are you saying??

Flagship being HTC's major phone for that year and Ubuntu being one of the best Linux distributions ever

JustAnotherUser

Dragonfly224

Can't wait to get my 1st Smartphone this October. Gonna be the HTC Incredible 2 or HTC Bliss or something else HTC. I just love their User-Interface. Upgrading from LG EnV-touch.

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

WolfRamHeart

I have a landline phone. Can't get any dumber than that.

WolfRamHeart

OldBoy

Dumb all the way. I need it to text and talk ,that's it. The way I treat my mobiles there is no way I'd wanna carry around a i 'm a sheep phone with me, it wouldn't last 5minutes. Plus my battery lasts forever ,seriously it's like it's nuclear powered or summat!!

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

TheDarkDee

SMAAAAAARRRRRTTTTTT PHOOOOOONNNNEEE! HTC Evo 4G.

TheDarkDee

SuperLink

What they show on TV now is this:

Say that you are in a town you have never been to and are lost. Well, all you have to do is hold up your smartphone and aim the camera at a a street corner or a street of businesses. Your Smartphone will tell you the name of the street and the businesses on said street.

G-A-R-B-A-G-E

If you want to know the street, LOOK AT THE SIGN! And if you want to know the names of the businesses, go inside and ask, or better yet, just look at the door! Can you not tell if it's a shop or a diner just by looking through the windows?!?!?!? SHEESH!

Wow..........sorry for blowin' up there.....

SuperLink

Bankai

SuperLink wrote:

What they show on TV now is this:

Say that you are in a town you have never been to and are lost. Well, all you have to do is hold up your smartphone and aim the camera at a a street corner or a street of businesses. Your Smartphone will tell you the name of the street and the businesses on said street.

G-A-R-B-A-G-E

If you want to know the street, LOOK AT THE SIGN! And if you want to know the names of the businesses, go inside and ask, or better yet, just look at the door! Can you not tell if it's a shop or a diner just by looking through the windows?!?!?!? SHEESH!

Wow..........sorry for blowin' up there.....

Yeah. Smartphone advertising is the first time ever in the history of marketing that has exaggerated reality.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.