Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,460

the_shpydar

@arronishere: I just wish they'd do a stand-alone Batwoman animated film. But i imagine they're wary of having an animated feature starring a lesbian character. Which is dumb. Meh.

Also, i've only seen a bit of Legends, but i agree it is kind of funny seeing Rory basically being The Doctor this time around, with all his time travel knowledge and such.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

jump

Batwoman is a funny one as she's ridiculously hindered by being another Bat-character even though she isn't a Bat-chaacter. DC tries to sell her on the Bat-name but she isn't part of the family, she doesn't have an orgin that connects with Batman and she deals with stuff like werewolves, cults etc that Batman doesn't normally touch.

Tbh after Rucka left I never really enjoyed Batwoman for it's story or characters, it was only the amazing artwork that kept me reading them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

the_shpydar

@arronishere: Totally agreed. Rucka had perfectly nailed her character (and the book's supporting cast). Blackman handled the character well, but after he and Williams left, that was it for me. A shame, as i was enjoying the book until that whole fiasco with DC editorial led to their departures and a somewhat different direction for the book.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

I am really enjoying DC Legends of Tomorrow right now even more so then Arrow or Flash. I like the whole time traveling bit and the cast is just great together.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

iKhan

Thoughts on the new trailer?

The Apokolips scenes kind of worry me this movie is going to be based on Justice League: Origin, which, while not bad, is not a story I'm particularly crazy about.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

^Not sure if it's the latest one or not but the ones I've seen in the cinema didn't show anything from Apokolips and giant fire pits are hard to miss.

I've find the trailers have done a rubbish job of selling Wonder Woman. The costume and actress aren't that impressive on first look and there's nothing she does that hooks me in. Also Doomsday looks rubbish. I do like how they have been presenting Bats though, very Miller-esque.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

HawkeyeWii

The look on Superman's face at the end is absolutely priceless! Batman is just like "what's up!?" I love it. To all those people that think Batman has no chance in this fight, I proudly present to you...

Nevermind, I figured it out. Looks like you need more spaces in between each line of text now.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

^Not sure if it's the latest one or not but the ones I've seen in the cinema didn't show anything from Apokolips and giant fire pits are hard to miss.

I've find the trailers have done a rubbish job of selling Wonder Woman. The costume and actress aren't that impressive on first look and there's nothing she does that hooks me in. Also Doomsday looks rubbish. I do like how they have been presenting Bats though, very Miller-esque.

1:54 - 1:55

The first scene has the Omega symbol very distinctly presented. The second has Parademons flying all over.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

I've started watching Lucifer and Izombie, both are doing the same thing of procedural crime show with a gimmick but Lucifer gets ruined by forcing it and Izombie feels natural with it. I know they're both Vertigo but it's the same thing really.

I've also just pre-ordered Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman book, since Azzarello left Wondy it's been a chore reading her books so hopefully this will change that.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

This weekend I binged on the DC Arrowverse shows so I am all caught up. I really like the small things they are doing to bring Supergirl into the fold and can't wait for that crossover.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League: War, & Son of Batman have been added to Netflix.

Are any of them worth a watch?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shaneoh

RR529 wrote:

The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League: War, & Son of Batman have been added to Netflix.

I'd say all of them.

Anyone getting the Eaglemoss DC comic collection?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

jump

RR529 wrote:

Flashpoint is good, War is watchable and Batman & Son is a rubbish.

The animated DC films have been really lacking since Tucker took over them.

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan

RR529 wrote:

Flashpoint and Son of Batman rock. Flashpoint is a great character story for the flash and sets up a fantastic world. The latter has some genuinely greate action sequences, and Damian Wayne is hilarious.

Justice League: War is boring and generic. Probably one of my least favorite DC Animated films.

jump

^Batman & Son has very awkward action scenes like a 80's anime film, too often than not the model aren't on scale, jerky editing etc which really brings down how fluid the animation should be especially compared to the other DC movies.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

^Batman & Son has very awkward action scenes like a 80's anime film, too often than not the model aren't on scale, jerky editing etc which really brings down how fluid the animation should be especially compared to the other DC movies.

I never noticed that myself. I just thought the fighting style and the settings are really well done.

RR529

Okay, I'll probably start watching them next week, starting with Flashpoint Paradox. Thanks for your thoughts.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iKhan

That got me thinking, how would you all rank the DC Animated films (Anything goes, doesn't have to be the recent Direct-to-DVD series) you've seen?

I won't be including Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero, because I was less than 10 years old when I last watched it.

For me:
1. Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox
2. Batman: Under the Red Hood
3. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
4. Green Lantern: First Flight
5. Son of Batman
6. Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
7. Justice League: Doom
8. Justice League: The New Frontier
9. Justice League: War
10. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
11: Justice League: Gods and Monsters

jump

^No Wonder Woman or All Star Superman? They're two of the best ones they have put out!

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

^No Wonder Woman or All Star Superman? They're two of the best ones they have put out!

Haven't watched them yet. I was about to start Wonder Woman a while back, but something came up and a haven't gotten back to it.

Tbh, I don't like Wonder Woman and Superman nearly as much as the other heroes on DC's roster.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic