Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,460

Kermit1doesmath

PS5_LOVER21 wrote:

So I kno lw I'll probably start a war but James Gunn was right for getting rid of Cavill

I think it was a good decision too.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

Black adam is fun. It’s not good it’s just fun

You just started a war, that is the greatest film ever made period.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I haven't seen it... I'd rather spend my money on better movies...

I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World....... I didn't really like it..... and that movie was made for me....

Pizzamorg

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

Black adam is fun. It’s not good it’s just fun

This is sorta where I landed with it, too. Like it is for sure as terrible as everyone told you it was, but it is also pretty fun anyway. Plus, as someone who has been a DC fan since I was a kid, I find it super exhausting when basically every adaptation is either Superman or Batman. I saw characters here who are not exactly deep cuts, but maybe to a general audience, in live action that I kinda never thought I would. I also thought they were all pretty well cast, performed and realised, too.

Plus for all the rocky production values and heavy use of now antiquated feeling superhero movie tropes, most of the set pieces were honestly quite enjoyable in a junk food sense.

Oh and Scott Pilgrim is one of my favourite films of all time.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

PS5_LOVER21

So snyderfans are saying sell the snyderverse ti netflix HAHAHAHAHA snyderfans are funny

PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

I hope James Gunn announces a Green Latern movie since he's always been my favourite character. Hot take, cancel all films after the flash and just start from there for Gunns new universe

Edited on by PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

So Lobo vs Superman might be the first dc film in the new universe with mamoa. I can't wait for the slate at the end of the month, also flash villian has been revelead he's called dark flash

PS5_LOVER21

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I'm a muppets fan... we watch whatever soulless trash Disney makes just so the muppets can live on.

You adult animation people have it good compared to us. Our last good movie was in 2011.

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika that reminds me of a story.

Jim Henson when "selling" the Muppets to Disney had a certain Michael Eisner up his tail dropping comments about Sesame Street pretty much every time they had a meeting. Thankfully Jim just passed those comments aside and never really talked about them since this was about the Muppets, not Sesame Street.

Watch Defunctland's series on Jim Henson, it's a great watch. Also, watch this please x67

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Mr. Esiner was low-key scummy back then.

Speaking of Sesame Street the co-creator of the show passed away yesterday RIP.

jump

Ah man, Rachel Pollack has passed away. Her run on Doom Patrol was fantastic and just as good as Grant Morrison’s run.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

card-crunch78

I have Lego DC Super-Villains for Switch.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Tasuki

Sadden to hear that the inspiration for Harley Quinn, as well original voice actress, Arleen Sorkin passed away from MS. Its funny how big Harley Quinn is now especially since, she was only suppose to be a one time walk on character.

Thank you Arleen, my you rest in peace now, puddin.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

That’s depressing! Paul Dini talked about seeing her in an episode of Days Of Our Lives as a clown which then spawned her concept.

It’s shocking to think how truly relevant Harley Quinn has been. Most four coloured funny book characters have been since the 40-60s, whilst she’s a youngster who has only been around since the 90s.

This reminds me I need to get reading her White Knight series.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

@jump Yeah I guess they knew each other personally and when he was asked to create a one off character for the Joker's gang to jump out of a birthday cake he thought of that scene which was a dream sequence from Days of our Lives. I guess in the episode Joker's Favor they thought it was a little werid having Joker pop out of the cake so Paul Dini created Harley for that purpose even though in the end Joker did pop out of the cake after all.

After he talked to Arleen about basing Harley Quinn after that scene in Days of Our Lives, he asked her to voice her since he couldn't imagine anyone else voicing her especially with the Jersey accent which Arleen natively had she just emphasized it more for Harley.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic